Lt JG Trovek Arys - Attention to Detail Pt.3

Arys Trovek

Mar 31, 2022, 4:47:34 PM3/31/22
to Starbase118
((Sickbay, USS Rahuba))

Ku’kari, the injured Risu Arys was treating, was circling down the drain. They all knew it, but none of them actually said it. It wasn’t necessary. One alarm after the other began beeping, each of them indicating another medical emergency in the small, 3’5 foot body.

Medication was given, resuscitation attempted, but to no avail. Arys stared at the hypospray in her hand. There were species who were less affected by certain medications. Usually it was their size, their bodyweight, muscle mass - but sometimes there were other factors.

Trovek: I’ll give fifteen ccs.

Nurse: That’s-…

Trovek: A lot. I know.

But it didn’t exactly have potential to make the situation worse. Dead was dead.
Arys administered the medication, and stared at the monitor. Not at the patient, the monitor. And she prayed for the medication to start working - not that she was a particularly religious person, not that she truly believed that there was some entity that would bother to have any influence in the outcome of the situation, but it was worth a try.

Three minutes down. She should call it.

Trovek: Time of-…

And just like that, the Risu’s heart began beating again as the medication finally showed effect. There was a collective exhale as the blood pressure stopped plummeting. Not by much, not enough to save her, but there was hope.

Trovek: M-… ::she swallowed hard and did her best to maintain her composure:: Move her to the surgical suite.

Arys watched Ku’kari stabilising further and being moved away, before for the second time of this mission, taking refuge on the floor of the empty CMO’s office to gather her thoughts.  She didn’t want anyone to die. Enough people had died during their last mission, her grandfather had died only weeks before, and she didn’t want to deal with more death.

And so, whatever it took, her patients wouldn’t die. They would be happy little squirrel-people on their weird tree-ship. Not dead in the Rahuba’s morgue.

Kasun: =/\= Kasun to Trovek.  =/\=

Arys froze. Kasun? Oh, Kasun! Arys took a deep breath and answered the comms.

Kasun: =/\= Are you still in the temple area? We have word that there is a person there who is in serious need of medical help. =/\=

Trovek: =/\= I am not, I am back on the Rahuba. We beamed up everyone in need of medical assistance. ::she paused, trying to keep her heart from beating out of her chest::  Who is she?

Kasun: =/\= She’s an elderly Risu by the name of He’liska. =/\= :: She glanced to Ki’yara to add more of a description. :: =/\= She’s their Messenger, their religious leader? =/\=

Arys got up and left the office, making her way through the crowd of waiting Risu and to one of the consoles where the medical staff had begun to identify the Risu who had come aboard.

Trovek: =/\= Let me take a look. He’liseka, you said? Hm.. ::she checked the records, finding the name she was looking for:: She’s here and-… ::and she had been dead upon arrival:: … and … oO Ki’yara is with them… Oo … she’s not in pain. =/\=

And probably hadn’t been for long. At least the injuries she had sustained sounded fatal enough for a quick death.

Kasun: =/\= You found her! Oh good. =/\=

Trovek: =/\= Yeah… that said we can’t beam much more over, we’re pretty busy up here. I need to get back to my patients. =/\=

The call was ended and Arys tried to push aside any thoughts of sympathy she had towards the young Risu leader who would, sooner or later, have to be confronted with the news. She returned to the CMO’s office, this time to make a note about who He’liseka was and that the dead Risu was somewhat relevant, before returning to the Primary Care Unit that doubled as a waiting area.
The Risu, scared and injured alike, wanted to stick together, and all of them needed to remain in the established quarantine area. She glanced at the list of current patients, eager to get to work once more, when she caught sight of several Risu whispering with each other.

Trovek: What seems to be the problem? Is either of you injured?

She tried to put on her friendly face, and her soft voice. No need to scare those who were already scared.

Risu: You spoke of He’liseka. Where is she?

Trovek: She’s… ::Arys sighed:: I am very sorry.

The male frowned, looking at the others before he spoke up again.

Risu: You told the brooch that she is not in pain.

Trovek: I… wanted to.. -..

Risu: You lied!

The room fell silent - as silent as a sickbay could possibly get - as more and more Risu began to take notice of the situation.

“She said He’liseka is dead!”

“She can’t be! I have seen her alive just moments ago.”

“Where is she?”

“Those aliens are keeping her prisoner.”

“I saw that one trying to kill Ku’kari”

Arys could taste the tension in the air as she drew upon her counselling skills to try and calm the situation down.

Trovek: We are here to help, I promise. I will confirm what happened to your-.. to He’liseka, but we are not keeping her prisoner. I understand how strange and upsetting this situation is.”

Risu: They are allies of the aliens that attacked us! I saw one of them!

Saw one of them? Did they mean Dal? He couldn’t possibly have seen Dal, he was busy being buried underneath rubble. Or, judging from the fact that he was not injured, stuck behind it.

Trovek: What do you mean?

A female chimed in, claiming to have seen them too. She pointed towards one of the beds on the far side of the intensive care unit, where Lieutenant Sh'shyllerh, the Andorian Arys and Tito had rescued from Cargo Bay, was laying unconscious.

Arys highly doubted that the Si’laan had been attacked by Andorians, but what she believed wasn’t important. *They* seemed to believe it. The other Risu began to rise up from their seated position, theories of their impending enslavement filled the air, until one of them growled that they wouldn’t go down without a fight.

That was a little detail Arys hadn’t considered. Those people were scared, but right now the crew of the Rahuba seemed like the enemy. And right now there were more Risu here than Starfleet personnel.

Could she call security? No, not without causing the situation to escalate. And so, she tried the next best thing.

Trovek: =/\= Trovek to Kasun.  =/\=

Kasun: =/\= response  =/\=

Trovek: =/\= I am in sickbay, and there are almost three dozen Risu here.  =/\=

Kasun: =/\= response  =/\=

Trovek: ::trying to word this as neutrally as possible:: =/\= The news we discussed previous have… caused some anxiety… amongst those three dozen Risu.  =/\=

Kasun: =/\= response  =/\=

The voices of the Risu rose once more as the other medical personnel tried to keep them calm.

Trovek: =/\= I need help.  =/\=

Kasun: =/\= response  =/\=

TAG/ TBC
Lt. J.G. Trovek Arys