MSNPC Revak Dosthiran - I Prefer to Avoid Stabbing

Jamie LeBlanc

Nov 8, 2021, 12:57:43 AM11/8/21
to SB118

((Main hangar bay – Miranda VII Station))

If there was one think Revak didn’t want it was a fight.  He had already said it twice and that wasn’t a misdirection or a dupe.  He meant it.  No fights.  Fights were bad news on miranda VII these days unless it was the Human watchdogs beating up on their so-called non-Human scum.

Which was exactly what Revak was.  Non-Human scum, Non-Romulan scum.  Maybe just scum.  But this scum was a good pilot, a good mechanic and decent person to work with.  So who cared what kind of mongrel genetic makeup he had?

The Malevolent Overlords, that’s who.

Revak: Again, we don’t want a fight.  Nobody wants a fight on Miranda Seven anymore.  Especially ::he fixed a gaze on Tatash:: Non-Humans

Tatash: Yes, I heard rumoursss of a new player on the station. Apparently, human’s first…

Yeah, to put it gently, Humans first.  Everyone else… was scum.

Revak was starting to like scum.

Kasun: :: Darkly :: Might be more accurate to say humans only based on the rumors I’ve heard.

Cookie: Humans who they say are humans.

Revak: Humans who meet the Human standards of prime humanness.

He shrugged.  They tolerated Cookie.  Tolerated.  That was about it.  Cookie hung out with Revak and maybe that made her scum by association.  Then again who knows what kooky things made the Malevolent Overlords group people into categories of good and bad.  Associations?  Height?  Personality?  Skillset?

Cookie was skilled and Revak liked her idiosyncrasies.

Tatash: It cannot have been easy for you, working here in that environment. Where did they come from?

Kasun: This place doesn’t look like they took it over by force?

Revak: At least one of them was already here.  ::he shrugged.::

Cookie: They lied!

Cookie looked to him.  He looked to her, and then to the duo.

Revak: Well, the owner, Dalreth went on vacation.  He left Verboski in charge.  Verboski’s Human.  He invited friends and all of a sudden they multiplied. ::a shrug:: Like a vole infestation, but with more shooting.

Both were parasitic pests as far as Revak was concerned.

Tatash: Perhaps, if the situation was to change and these humansss weren’t here anymore, things would be smoother.

Kasun: :: Ishani nodded at Tatash :: Certainly would appreciate having to worry about your green, scaly butt.

Cookie: I would be sad if Revichi would be hurt too.

He almost winced at the nickname.  Almost.  He had become used to it a long time ago and was actively starting to like it.  Even the slight embarrassment at hearing it in public had long since abated.

He would be sad if the Malevolent Overlords hurt her, too.

Revak: Yeah, that would suck.

Tatash: ?

Kasun: I’m surprised the prior bosses haven’t tried to take the place back by force. Our boss certainly wouldn’t have taken someone trying to take over without fighting back.

Cookie: :: Uncharacteristically solemn :: They should have.

Revak: Unless someone already paid them the tribute in advance.

Someone had to have paid the tribute in advance.  The only way the Orion syndicate turned a blind eye to something was when they were paid a large sum of money to do so.

But that sum wouldn’t last forever.  The Syndicate required a consistent payment to keep any of their property leased. The would come knocking.

Tatash: ?

Kasun: Why do you even want to work for these people?

Cookie: What other place could we work for instead of this place?

That.  Exactly that.

Revak: This is home.  Was home.  Change started slowly and then when it sped up it was zero to warp in the blink of an eye.  I’m not even sure where we go now.

Not back to Romulan space.  Surely not into Klingon territory.  Federation space would be a nightmare.  Where did they go?  Independent space was shrinking and he didn’t want to get closer to the Syndicate.  Nor did he want to have anything to do with the Malevolent Overlords.

There were slim pickings for an independent operative with the face of the enemy of the Federation and the Empire.

Tatash: ?

Kasun: It’ll be far better than working for someone who will knife you and yours in the back.

He sighed.  He didn’t like getting knifed.  Or shot at, or any of the other horrible things that seemed to be looming closer and closer.

Revak: I wish I could just work for myself.

He wouldn’t stab himself in the back.  Or stab Cookie.  Really he wouldn’t stab anyone.  He didn’t like stabbing or being stabbed.  He liked doing a good job and getting paid well for it. That was pretty simple and easy, he wanted to keep things that way.

Tatash/Kasun: ?

Cookie: How do we know that your boss’ll be any better?

Tatash/Kasun: ?

He rocked on his feet, considering.  They were certainly here for something and Revak wasn’t sure exactly how much he agreed with them.  But it was strongly leaning towards the idea that whoever they were, they were against the Malevolent Overlords and that was all that mattered.  Even Klingons would at least stab you in the front, and he could blend in with Romulans long enough to run.  And the Federation was a pompous bunch, but generally low on the random murder thing.  Literally anyone would be better.

Almost anyone.  He was sure there were worse out there and he didn’t want to test his luck.

Revak: Yeah, maybe we could.  ::he drew in a short breath and made a calculated decision.:: The leader of the Jenuvian Cartel is stuck here on Miranda VII.  Ceristis.  She’s got better leads into the leadership.

What leadership?  All.  More than Revak.

Tatash/Kasun/Cookie: ?

Revak: Over in Pour Decisions.  ::He pointed in the direction the pub lay.::

And he started to think tactically.  He didn’t want a group of four outsiders all marching up.  That was not subtle and a good way to draw the attention of the beat squad.  He could send Cookie to go fetch her.  He could send one of these two to contact her.  Any more than one would start to draw suspicion.

Tatash/Kasun/Cookie: ?

Revak: Only one should go.  It’s pretty well watched.  And honestly we should get out of the hallway.  We’re lucky a patrol just passed, and we should move before another one comes.

They had to decide who to send and who stayed.  He wasn’t sure who felt safer with who, if at all.  He didn’t trust the newcomers.  He didn’t think they were terrible either.  Then again he didn’t exactly feel safe on any other day without newcomers.  So maybe it didn’t really matter.

Tatash/Kasun/Cookie: ?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~
OOC – I am specifically setting this up to peel away either Cookie or Ishani so Ishani doesn’t have both characters in the same group.  Your choice as to who moves where

MSNPC Revak Dosthiran
Flight Control
Miranda VII Station

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck

E239010ST0