Lt. JG Tito: One of us.

Bruno Abreu

Jul 13, 2022, 5:04:35 PM7/13/22
to StarBase 118 Ops a Star Trek PBEM RPG
((USS Narendra, Bridge))

Knowing the Commodore was also a telepath and could hear his thoughts Tito explained them as simply as he could.

Tito: ~ I am not exactly a profiler. Correct me if I am mistaken Lieutenant Aristren, but the way Meryel is talking doesn’t quite fill the part of the Terra Prime member.

Aristen: ~ I agree. What we have seen in Terra Prime members was the idea of ascension after martyrdom. ~

Taybrim: =/\= Meryel… you don’t have to die here.  I don’t want you or anyone else on the Belladonna to die.  You must have something to live for. =/\=

Tito: ~ This feels… Personal…

Aristren: ~ Perhaps you could ask her what she wants before that. A Terra Prime will be likely to reiterate their divine purpose and the superiority of the Human species. ~

Taybrim: =/\= What is your goal before death?  Beyond talking to me.  What are you here for? =/\=

Harris: =/\= I just want to speak to you. Some.. closure, if you will. You owe that to me. =/\=

Taybrim: ~Closure?~

Aristren: ~ Why does she believe you owe her? ~

Tito's cold and unemotional expression shielded his feelings and the confirmation that this was personal.
He managed to keep his mind clear not to give either the Commodore nor the Lieutenant an insight over his emotions.

Taybrim: =/\= Why do I own that to you, Meryel, if we’ve never met before?  That isn’t an indictment.  I’m honestly confused. =/\=

There was a shift in her voice as she became more emotional.

Harris: =/\= I will answer that question, but answer my questions first - what makes betazoids more valuable than humans? Why do they matter so much more to you, as a leader, as a Starfleet Officer? =/\=

Both looked confused. Tito on the other hand recognized the anger. He was willing to bet she had suffered some sort of loss.

Taybrim: =/\= Meryel, there are 25,000 people on the Belladonna, most of which are humans.  There are eight billion people on Betazed, including over forty million humans.  And there are over seven hundred other species.  Every innocent person is valuable to me.  Even you if you maintain your innocence. =/\=

Aristren: ~ Mister Tito, can we access any surveillance system in the Belladonna to get a visual? ~

Returning to the practical issues he nodded to the Lieutenant, as he tapped in the commands to hack the Belladonna’s systems.

Tito: ~I can try. Working on it now.

Harris: =/\= And yet, you showed up. Days away from Betazed, and here you are, personally, taking care of what is threatening your home world. As if this was ever going to reach the Beta Veldonna System. =/\=

That almost broke Tito's coldness. She was aware of Terra Prime plans. Or as aware as she might have been allowed to.
But she wasn't a fanatic.

Or was she playing them with the performance of a life time?

Taybrim: =/\= We’re here personally because we were out on a different mission and the Belladonna sent a distress call.  I had to make a decision to send some ships on that mission and some ships to the Belladonna.  I make those decisions based on very boring things like how many passengers can fit on which ships.  I wish there was a more heroic story behind it, but sometimes decisions come down to mathematics and engineering specs. =/\=

Working on his console he managed to get a link with the Belladonna. Steady although slowly he was breaking into the ship’s internal sensors.

Tito: ~I  am breaking into their system. A few more seconds .

Aristen: response

Harris: =/\= response

Taybrim: =/\= Somehow I let you down, didn’t I? =/\=

Tito kept working, focusing on getting a visual. He used an Intel program to access the Belladonna and overcome their security systems.

Aristen: ?

Harris: =/\= ?

Taybrim: =/\= You were on Utopa Colony… or you had family there… =/\=

With the uplink achieved Tito nodded to the Lieutenant.

Tito: ~I have her

Aristen: response

Harris: =/\= ?

He pulled up the internal cameras and began taking pictures of Meryel, tapping in as he initiated searches in all databases possible.

Taybrim: =/\= Meryel… I don’t have an answer for you.  I wish I did.  If I had an answer I could have saved those people.  I wanted to save those people.  The truth is, I was tricked.  Terra Prime had a Romulan cloaking device.  No one saw that.  I didn’t see it.  Everything was alright on Utopa until it suddenly wasn’t. =/\=

When the first data began to be compiled by the computer Tito’s expression remained the same. But it was so cold that probably the air around him dropped a few degress.

Tito: ~We have a problem

Aristen: response

Harris: =/\= response

After Meryel’s reply he gestured to the Commodore and the Lieutenant as he put the information he gathered into the main viewscreen.
It was just a quick and sort bio, but all pertinent information was there.

NAME: Meryel Harris

STARFLEET DUTY POST: Security

SPECIES: Human

AGE: 37

GENDER: Female

BIRTHPLACE: London, Earth

FAMILY: Husband - Jurev (Vulcan)
Son 1 - Matthew, age 3
Son 2 - Sebastian, age 9

CAREER:
2380 - 2381 Starfleet Preparatory Course
2381 - 2386 Starfleet Academy
2386 - 2390 USS Gugerat - Ensign to Lt JG
2390 - 2392 - LOA Maternity Leave
2392- 2395 - USS Koln - Lt JG to Lt
2396 - LOA Maternity Leave
2396 - Starbase 118 - Lt
2398 - Medical dismissal

Tito: ~She become a Teacher in Utopa Colony. There is an alert that connects her to a known Terra Prime recruiter this year. After that we lost her.

Taybrim/Aristren: response

Harris: =/\= response

What they found out brought some light into Meryel’s actions. He hesitated for a second but instead of keeping their conversation between the Commodore and the Lieutenant between themselves, he spoke.

Tito: =/\= Meryel, this is Lieutenant Tito. I just want to tell you that I understand your pain. As a former Starfleet Officer you know that no matter how we try sometimes… ::His voice trailed off, the only sign of what he was feeling.:: We can’t protect the ones we love.

Harris: =/\= response

Taybrim/Aristren: response

Tito: =/\= I lost my wife and daughter during a mission. I am well aware of what that can do to a person.

Harris: =/\= response

Taybrim/Aristren: response

TAG/TBC

Lt. J. G. Vitor R.S.Tito