Dalin Lukin Zorkal - "What Would You Ask Of Me?" (Bailey/Talas)

Amanda Nordstrom

Dec 6, 2020, 3:47:28 PM12/6/20
to StarBase 118 Ops – UFOP: StarBase 118

((Bajoran Temple Gardens - Starbase 118 Ops))

Zorkal: Get back!

Talas: Oh come on, big guy! You want some too? ::a loud flirt::

Talas: ::loud whisper, directed at bailey:: Wouldn’t be the first Cardassian that’s shown me a good time.

Zorkal: I said, get away from her!

Bailey: I’m sorry I have to go help my mother.

What?  Luking glanced briefly over at Sheila.  Her mother?  What was going on?  Was she all right?  Talas, however, was annoying him enough that his attention was divided.

Talas: Aw you want a hug? ::to Zorkal, opening his arms and slowly moving towards the Cardassian.

With a growl, the man sliced his hand through the air, cutting off the attempt at any public displays of affection.

Zorkal: Leave her be, or you’ll find yourself making a trip out of an airlock!

Bailey: I’m sorry. She’s smashing dishes again, I really do have to go.

Talas: Are you sure you don’t want a hug?

Lukin whirled around toward Bailey, his expression immediately changing and he was instantly at her side.  He couldn’t understand what she meant.  Who was smashing dishes?  Her mother?  Why?  Was it her mother who was trying to hurt her?  What kind of mother would do such a thing?  It didn’t matter.  What mattered was Sheila.  Her safety.  That was all that mattered.

Zorkal: Sheila, I am here.  I will not let any harm befall you.

Bailey: I’m sorry, sorry. ::then she blinked, seeming to come back slightly to reality::

Talas: I really am great at hugging

Lukin didn’t care.  If he wanted a hug, he’d ask Sheila for one, but she didn’t seem to be in any state for hugs at the moment. His concern was palpable, and Lukin focused on her, trying to drown Talas out.

Bailey: Where am I? I remember Doctor Ayala.

Zorkal: We’re at the Bajoran Gratitude Festival.  You were upset, and someone called Dr. Ayala to check on you.

He couldn’t remember her name.  It didn’t matter anyway.  Only Sheila mattered.

Talas: Wherever you are, I’d really like a hug?

Lukin’s eyes slid slowly back to Talas.  The man was really getting on his nerves.

Zorkal: Any hug you receive from me will be your last.

Bailey: ::gasp:: Oh, oh. ::Her legs were starting to burn with a terrible ache now::

Her distress turned Lukin’s focus back upon his vainúvahim.

Bailey: I must look like such a fool.

Talas: Only if I don’t get a hug

Lukin hated the way Talas kept bugging her.  Bugging him.  A growl shot in the Bajoran’s direction, but yet again, as always, his final attention was given to her, the woman who sat upon the chair like a queen upon her throne.

Zorkal: Madam, you could never be a fool.

Bailey/Talas: ?

Zorkal: Tell me what you wish me to do, and I shall do it.  I am at your command.

Bailey/Talas: ?

If Talas didn’t leave soon, something was going to happen.  Already, visions of his hands wrapped around the Bajoran’s neck, squeezing and squeezing and squeezing seemed to pick at his sight.  Those stark eyes bored into the man, who seemed quite oblivious to the Cardassian’s displeasure.   Rising, Lukin’s hands clenched into fists, and he took a menacing step toward the overly exuberant officer.

Zorkal: And this, my lady?  What shall I do with this?

Bailey/Talas: ?

Zorkal: Ask me anything, Sheila.  Anything at all.  I will do it.

Bailey/Talas: ?

--
Dalin Lukin Zorkal
Visitor