MSNPC Valeria - Welcome to the Ball (Tags: DeVeau/Any)

Jamie LeBlanc

Jun 30, 2021, 10:15:35 PM6/30/21
to SB118

((Formal Ballroom C-10 – StarBase 118))

Secretary Linn Valeria was an overworked woman who catered to a bunch of archaeologists who were too used to brushed dirt off bones and shards of pottery, sleeping in tents and speaking the foreign language of science that they were very removed from actual social interaction.  She also catered to a bunch of cutthroat merchants who had never seen a dig site in their life but were far too use to social interaction, at home with manipulation, bartering and backroom deals.

A deadly combination.

Which was exactly why she always booked these conventions on some Starfleet facility or other.  But none so grand as StarBase 118.  This place impressed her – and she already had the grand tour of Starfleet starbases.

Waiting by the door the wiry Troyan in a gold dress cut a professional figure, watching out for any Starfleet officers who might stray by.  She was expecting a full diplomatic crew, senior staff, well regarded.  That should make the cutthroat merchants think twice.  Maybe.

The exhibit halls beyond were in the final stages of getting set up, just packed with antiquities and oddities.  The ballroom was already filling up with representatives of both groups mingling and getting drunk t take the edge off social interaction.

She smiled as she recognized one of the Starfleet faces.  They stuck out, even when not in uniform – Starfleet officers always tended to dress tastefully, professionally.  Not the luxurious, showy outfits of the merchants nor the quirky, not really formal outfits of the scientists.  Just… perfect.  What formalwear should be.

Smiling brightly, she offered a greeting.

Valeria: Ah, Commander DeVeau is it?  ::She spoke in a warm, pleasant, professional manner.:: Thank you so much for coming.

DeVeau: ?

Valeria: Oh yes, we have assigned seats for all guests.  I made sure there were at least two Starfleet officers per table, wanted to give you companionship.

DeVeau: ?

She looked up and her eyes widened fractionally as the next member of the Senior staff approached.  A tall Andorian, hair perfectly brushed back, wearing a high collared, tailed white suitcoat, with vesting in silver grey, sharp lined Andorian style trousers, high boots.  See?  There was the second one – so professional.  So attractive.

Alright, she admitted her eyes lingered longer on him just because that was what she fancied – tall drinks of blue water.  Or green water, but she rarely met a Troyian out here.  Alora’s dress was stunning, but she just wasn’t her type.

Valeria: Commander, Please join us.

He tipped his antennae forward towards them both.

Dal: Thank you Secretary Valeria.  ::And a polite sweeping greeting towards Alora.:: Good evening Commander DeVeau.

DeVeau: ?

Valeria: Will the rest of your people gather here, should we wait?  I can show you around…

DeVeau: ?

Dal: I asked them all to arrive at this time.  ::He stated simply.:: They should be arriving within the next five minutes.

And sure enough there was someone now.

Any: ?

Valeria: Welcome!  Please, join us, I’m just about to show everyone around!

DeVeau/Any: ?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~

MSNPC Secretary Valeria
GEC Administrator

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck

E239010ST0