Ensign Y'zyr - Spider Bot On A Mission

kaycieekeith

May 11, 2022, 9:07:24 PM5/11/22
to StarBase 118 Ops a Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Ensign Ozai’s Quarters - Starbase 118 Ops))

The heavily augmented Trill turned over in his bed, tossing off the fluffy blanket.  It was too warm.  The fever from his diagnosed Cecilian Flu was making getting comfortable impossible.  Or was it the existential terror of potentially dying from something “mild?”  He really, *really* hated that word.

So he tossed and turned.  His cybernetic limbs didn’t sweat, but the rest of him did.   Thankfully his roommate had gone to sickbay and not returned… potentially staying elsewhere while he was sick?  Bartok and him, they… maybe made better crewmates than roommates.  Ozai liked the guy, but he wasn’t sure the Bajoran liked *him.*

But that wasn’t on his mind now.  He’d been able to take off his mask and breathe freely.  Except for the wheezing, coughing, hacking, and generally… not being able to breathe easy.  Stupid flu.

Three days.  It had been nearly one.  One and a half?  Possibly.  He’d been sleeping a lot.  The hypo of medication had made him feel a bit better at first, but when he would briefly wake it was in a cold sweat before falling back asleep.

Elsewhere in the two-man quarters, on a convenient mannequin face… a mock up of a Cardassian woman with an elegant spoon ridge on her forehead to nest against… multiple little mechanical eyes lit up as a full charge was reached.

Geoff crawled down to the floor, then stretched as if he’d had a good sleep, then crawled up the bunks edge to perch on the edge of the mattress.

Fever was increased slightly.  He'd barely moved, save to toss the blankets around.

A claw-tipped arm reached out and poked Ozai on the cheek.  The Trill grumbled in a disheveled sleep, but didn’t wake.

Inside the rather sizeable spider bots programming, something drove him to action.

He didn’t like his dad suffering.

That was just his software, wasn’t it?

Crawling back down the bunks leg and heading toward the door, he quickly climbed up the wall and hit the manual door options.  The door to the quarters slid open and he was leaping into the corridor and flying down the wall on all eight of his surprisingly graceful, claw-tipped legs.

With a computerized map of the station in his little computer brain, the spider-bot didn’t have any trouble with getting lost.  He waited for the turbolift to open after hitting the manual command for it to stop at his floor, then crawled sideways around the edge of the door when it opened.

There was a shocked gasp, a soft exclamation, as he took up a cozy spot on the wall inside. There were two crewmen edging toward the other side of the turbolift, but they didn’t flee as the door shut behind them.  The little spider-bot FANTASIZED… they had such *great* faces… he could totally get them both, trapped in the turbolift… but…

He restrained himself.

Instead of leaping with a warriors trill of glee and adding to his list of conquests, he very business-like lifted a claw and poked the little colored collar that indicated he was Starfleet.  There was no rank on it though, of course.

Geoff:  I’m on a mission.

Crewman:  Oh… ::nervously::... that’s… good?

Geoff:  ::to the turbolift::  Sickbay, please.  ::then setting his multiple glowing eyes on the crewman again::  My dad is sick.

They simply nodded, wide eyed and not willing to argue with the giant spider while he was on a mission.

They rode to the level with Sickbay and he jetted off down the wall, leaping the gaps where they were, until he crawled round the doorway into the main Medical Bay.  He wasn’t looking for anyone in particular, but his log noted that Ozai had already seen a Kherys Harper.  It didn’t matter *who* he found though.

There was another shocked yelp from some poor shocked soul who caught sight of him first, and a couple shocked gasps as he found a cozy spot on a nearby medical panel and looked around for the medical staff.  Calling out confidently with his adorable mechanical voice, he waved a claw-tipped leg in the air to get the right peoples attention, ignoring any shocked people in the process.

Do NOT grab faces… oooooohhhh, he wanted to grab faces!

A small fantasy of leaping face to face while people screamed filled him with glee… but he DIDN’T.  This was more important than fulfilling his life’s secondary purpose.

Geoff:  ::very politely::  I need a doctor!  Please, kay, thanks!

Trovek:  ?

Geoff:  I know, I know, I’m adorable.  You need to move past that.  You’re a professional, after all.  ::he said this cheerfully, eyeing the brave soul who approached him::  My dad isn’t feeling well.  He needs medicine.

He stretched up onto his legs to his full height, reaching up into the air with his first two clawed tipped feet for emphasis.

Trovek:  ?

Geoff:  Well, I wouldn’t suggest euthanizing him yet.  It seems a little premature.  Plus, he’s the only person who *gets* me, you know?  So…. it would be a shame.

There was a brief computational pause, then the spider-bot spoke more mechanically than before, as if accessing a formal report.

Geoff:  Ensign Ozai Y’zyr.  Diagnosed with Cecilian Flu by Doctor Kherys Harper thirty two hours ago.

His mechanical voice returned to something more jovial again.

Geoff:  His fever seems to be worse today.  He’s not sleeping well.  I even poked him, and *nuthin’*.

Essentially, the spider-bot was asking for a house call.

Trovek:  ?

~*~

Featuring Geoff the Spider Bot

Ensign Ozai Y’zyr