NPC Capt. Monroe/LT Martinson/LT Sherlock - Alternates

Aine Sherlock

Aug 28, 2022, 4:07:34 PM8/28/22
to sb11...@googlegroups.com
((OOC: Just to save some time, I'll be doing Sherlock, Martinson, and Monroe all in one.))

((Bridge, USS Glenn))

Captain Monroe was unimpressed with her ad hoc First Officer and his short friend. Had it not been for the fact they had just been given the task of dealing with this distress call, it'd have just been a warning to Mel later that day. With their intended activities broadcast to everyone on the bridge, well, she was sure he'd enjoy scrubbing some Jeffries Tubes once their leave was over.

Monroe: ::making a zipper motion up the front of her jacket while staring at Aine:: You, tactical, now. ::to Martinson:: And you, you're number one for now.

Sherlock: Yes, ma'am.

Martinson: Sure thing, Cap.

Aine had made her way to the Tactical Station overlooking the fore end of the bridge and Mel to the chair just to the right of the Captain.

Monroe: Helm, set an intercept course. ::taking the center chair:: Engage.

Diata: Acknowledged. Course set, moving out.

Renot: Diverting power from impulse to warp. Powering up.

Sherlock: Phasers on standby for when we arrive, torpedoes loaded.

Everything seemed to be in order and Monroe was impressed. But in the end, they were all Starfleet officers. Capable and ready to go at a moment's notice.

Diata: We are ready to go to warp, Captain.

Renot: Warp core at full power, Commander.

Vargas: Up and running from my end.

Sherlock: Standing by.

Monroe: Helm, engage.

Diata gave a nod and began tapping away at the console. The viewscreen went from a still starfield to the customary bright blue and white tunneling flash. They were on their way.

Ten minutes and thirty-six seconds, it could feel like an eternity. Everyone seemed to sit, anxiously, in silence. As they dropped out of warp, an old freighter came into view. Their attacker seeming to make another incoming pass with their bird like vessel.

Diata: Captain, the distress signal is from the Spacefarer's Delight and has sustained heavy damage. Structural integrity is compromised.

Renot: ::softly:: Takes a special kind of stupid to attack another this close to a Starfleet base. ::louder:: On standby to divert power to weapons and shields as needed.

Vargas: The ship best matches an Interceptor, I am running scans to see if they have friends, so far, nothing.

There was something about the name of the freighter, Spacefarer's Delight, that made Aine hesitate for a second. It was altogether foreign and familiar. Like something you'd dream about that came true.

Sherlock: Phaser's ready. We could probably knock her shields out with a couple shots then disable her.

Monroe: Helm, take straight out the Orion ship. Science, Engineering, see just how bad the ::beat:: oO (sarcastically in her head) Charming name...Oo Delight is, we may need to evacuate them.

Diata/Vargas/Renot: ?

As the Glenn closed in closer to the Orion ship, the attackers did not appear to be phased.

Monroe: Hail the Orions.

Diata: ?

Monroe: Very well then, we'll do it the hard way. Tactical, fire a warning shot across their nose, make it impressive.

Sherlock: ::enthusiastically:: Yes, ma'am!

Aine set a pattern for the phasers, three consecutive bursts fanning vertically, as close to the nose of the attacker as possible.

Sherlock: Firing.

One, two, three. The beams went off just as planned and the attacking ship jinked. A quick turn and they seemed to be speeding off then a flash as they jumped to warp.

Monroe: Hmmm...they must not have really wanted a fight. What's the status of the Delight?

Vargas/Renot: ?

It wasn't looking good. And not knowing the ship at all, Monroe couldn't make a definitive determination just how much danger the crew was in.

Monroe: Hail them.

Diata: ?

Monroe: This is the Federation starship USS Glenn. Do you require further assistance?

Shevon: Our Captain is dead, we have a couple injured. There's a dozen of us here. The warp core was already in disrepair before the attack, the containment field is collapsing.

The message was audio only and staticy at best. But it was clear things weren't good.

Martinson: Cap, we should beam them off into Shuttle Bay One. The cargo transporters could probably get the whole crew in one shot.

Monroe: Drop shields. ::standing and turning to look at Renot and Vargas:: Get them out of there ASAP.

Sherlock: Dropping shields.

Vargas/Renot: ?

Monroe: Miss...who are you?

Shevon: Ship's Engineer Sherlock.

Aine shook her head. It suddenly came flooding back. The Delight. That was the name on the shoulder patch her father wore when she'd been sent into some sort of alternate reality by the Q named CloQ. But something wasn't right. In that reality, she was the Engineer of the Delight. And there was no one named Shevon that she could remember. She wondered if the Q had accidently created this person via that alternate reality, but how?

tags/TBC

Lieutenant Aine Sherlock
Tactical Officer
StarBase 118 Ops