LT Aine Sherlock - Fly It

Aine Sherlock

Aug 17, 2022, 9:26:53 PM8/17/22
to sb11...@googlegroups.com
((Drydock, StarBase 118))

Mel was completely laid back, familiar with dealing with people. Aine, a little less so. She was a guest of the Glenn as much as anyone else. Part if it was that agreeing to do this tour with Mel, she was sceding even a slight amount of control. And despite knowing, or at least feeling like, she could trust him it still made her nervous. Nonetheless, she was looking forward to this.

Martinson: Lieutenant Martinson, but please, just call me Mel. We're fairly informal on the Glenn.

Diata: You may refer to me as Commander or Diata if you wish.

Martinson: We'll be departing shortly, don't want to leave anyone behind.

Renot: Ensign Renot, or… Egil. I must inquire about your blouse later. ::looks at Diata::

Aine gave the pair a nod. She was happy to see Ensign Renot...Egil...joining the tour. He'd done some fantastic work on a particularly stressful mission, and he deserved a break. And who wouldn't want to see a Galaxy Class starship?

Sherlock: ::a little anxiously:: I think we're ready to go. Sorry, this is your show.

Martinson: ::flashing her a smile:: It's alright. Ok, everyone on the shuttle and we'll get going.

Renot: Sounds good to me.

Martinson: ::to Diata:: Commander, would you care to take us out?

Aine knew what Mel was doing, being the diplomat. Allowing someone with a HCO background to fly. She was a little jealous as she had hoped to get some time in the seat. It'd been over a year now since the last time she flew anything.

Diata: All systems check, shuttle ready for launch.

Aine grinned and let out a single breath of a laugh as Egil gave a thumbs up. Ensigns, they are so nice and enthusiastic at that stage. Though she was quite a bit younger than him, she couldn't help but think: Kids, so innocent at that age.

Maybe it was true that Starfleet did age you faster than you were actually progressing?

Renot:  All good here!

Sherlock: Good to go.

Martinson: The Glenn awaits us, Diata.

The shuttle eased up and then out of the large docking bay of 118. As they departed the slanted cylinder of walls that was the widest part of the station, the Glenn came into view in the distance, growing larger with each second.

Diata: I have been remiss, Lieutenants.

Renot: The heck do you mean by that?

Aine turned to Egil, eyes wide, smally, but sharply shaking her head side to side. Yes this wasn't a formal occasion, but there was still an officer at the helm, one neither of them knew much about yet.

Mel picked up on it quickly though and intercede.

Martinson: Remiss in what way, Commander.

Diata: While I am aware that I am only one among a number who were asked to come, I did not thank you for including me as an invitee.  You have my gratitude.

Renot: Ah! Yeah… Definitely appreciate it myself. I am always willing to learn more about ships and such. I’ve never been on a Galaxy class before. Well, of course I’ve studied them. I mean, every engineer has to, of course…

Martinson: It's my pleasure. And Captain Monroe's as well. She always likes guests.

Sherlock: ::thinking about Egil talking about the Galaxy Class and staring at it as it came closer:: I want to fly it.

Martinson: Fat chance, short stuff.

Aine turned to Mel and gave him a sour look, and he just grinned back.

It wasn't but a minute or two more before they were on approach to land in the massive main shuttlebay on the upper aft section of the saucer. Through the blue force field and into the light that was home to Mel. Only another minute more before the four of them were arriving on the bridge.

no tags/TBC with Captain Monroe sim

Lieutenant Aine Sherlock
Tactical Officer
StarBase 118 Ops