Lt. Nestira Aristren - An interesting place ...

Arys Trovek

May 30, 2023, 1:30:34 PM5/30/23
to sb11...@googlegroups.com
((Commodore Coffee, Promenade, Starbase 118))
((Time Index: A few days after returning))

What an... interesting place. Nestira glanced down at the Sal Taybrim - branded cup of coffee in front of her, inhaling the unfamiliar aroma. It was a mingling of sweet, slightly bitter molasses, honey, and warm spices the Rodulan couldn't name, and it was called "Gingerbread". Which made little sense to her since this was some sort of bean-brew rather than what she knew to be 'bread', and she wondered if 'ginger' was referring to the Commdore's haircolor.

All in all, she had little use for the beverage. The Rodulan brain, in most cases, did not react to caffeine at all, and the flavours were far too potent for her palate. Still, sitting here with the little cup in front of her was... quaint. She found it made her appear approachable, and that was what she needed right now.

The door opened with an artificial creak, and Nestira turned to see who had entered. She smiled as she spotted Solaris, waving her over.

Aristren: I am glad you could make it, Solaris.

McLaren: response

She glanced down at the cup of untouched bean-brew, then returned her gaze to her Human companion.

Aristren: It is ... fascinating. A stark reminder of why the pursuit of a career comes with privileges and... well, that.

McLaren: response

Aristren: We are waiting for Ensign Sill-Con to join us. It was his report that.. sparked this idea. ::she paused, almost sighing:: And I already do know it is a lot to ask.

McLaren: response

Right on queue, Ensign Sill-Con arrived. Nestira had never worked with a Brikarian before. She had never even seen one, despite her twenty years of Starfleet service.

Aristren: Ensign, please, take a seat. ::she smiled:: Do you prefer I use your rank, or your name, or a combination thereof? I am unfamiliar with Brikarian customs and I do not want to offend. And I believe the two of you do not know each other yet.

Sill-con: response

McLaren: response

Sill-con: response

TAG/TBC