Ensign Ariana Amaase- Can I have my two pence?

Tanya Warwick

Nov 9, 2021, 5:16:12 PM11/9/21
to sb11...@googlegroups.com
((Spaceport - Miranda VII))

The situation in the shop hadn't eased any, the shop keeper seemed desperate for some form of human contact. At any cost too, by the looks of things. Ariana was grateful to have Taelon with her, he was clued in on the danger she could potentially face, it seemed as much to her anyway. Ariana kind of felt sorry for the poor shopkeeper, almost. To be this insitent for a "service", he was either truly vulgar to the core or as Ariana expected, a lonely guy with no form of contact via the outside world other than his place of work. What led her to this assumption, was his lack of social skills, the lack of hygiene and the fact he looked two pence short of a pound- take that as you will.
It seemed like the shopkeeper didn't want to listen to reason and was still trying his look. Even with all of six foot eight inches of Taelon up in his grill and his gun placed on the counter, the shopkeeper still wanted to make the situation a little more than awkward.

Taelon: You’re getting a half-slip for the both, and we’re leaving.

The man scowled, crossing his arms.

Shopkeeper: I can call security, you know, they’ll be here in-

Ariana looked from the shop keeper to Taelon and back again.
Amaase: For what exactly? ::she scowled at the man::

The next thing Ariana knew, Taelons arm flew past her face as he grabbed the man by the hair and slammed his head into the counter. Ariana could have done a jig, that was something alright. Taelon had caused damage as there were blood splattered across the counter, definitely the nose busted at least, judging by the amount of blood that she could see. Ariana wasn't sure if she was meant to feel this gleeful after watching something like that, but something inside her just didn't care right now, not when given the greater extent of things. He got what he deserved, in her eyes.

Amaase: Nice. ::she smirked at Taelon::

Taelon: You’re tryin’ to get to my wife right in front of me. Where we come from, that’s called suicide. Doubt security will disagree.

The shopkeeper freed himself from Taelons grip, standing up he had blood all down his face.

Shopkeeper:  What'choo do dat for? ::said though blood and a fat lip.

Ariana raised her eyebrows, not believing this guys nerve.
Amaase: Maybe for insulting me? Infront of him. ::she had her folded across her torso, leaning to the side on her right leg::

Taelon: ?

The shopkeeper looked up at Taelon, a little more wary.

Shopkeeper: One slip then. ::he said begrudgingly, sulkily waiting for the payment::

Taelon: ?

After Taelon had paid, Ariana went infront of him situation she could leave the shop first, her legs were shaky as she tried to walk. As she got outside, everything was spinning, she stumbled. She used the shop to keep herself steady.

Ariana: Well, that was something. ::she tried to get herself together::

Taelon:?

Ariana nodded.

Amaase: Yes, I'll be fine. It's just the shock and relief hitting all at once. ::she stood steadier now:: We best move away from the shop. Should we head back to the others?

Taelon: ?

~TBC~

Ensign Ariana Amaase
Engineer Officer