[JP] Lt. Commander German Galven & Lt. Cmdr. Alora DeVeau & Ensign Casparian - Incredibly Hungry - Part 1

Rebecca van der Molen

Jul 2, 2020, 4:56:51 AM7/2/20
to sb11...@googlegroups.com
((OOC: This is the 1st part of a three parter Joint Post. The other parts will be posted soon by the co-writers. So keep an eye out for those!))

((Promenade, Commercial Sector, Starbase 118 Ops))

German was hungry and wanted to bring Alora along to catch up more with what all has transpired since they last saw each other on the Veritas. Her personality was always so inviting and he considered her a great colleague and friend as well.

After they had talked with Taelon and went on a unique tour with the other newest officers, the Denobulan turned towards the bright and brilliant scientist with a curious expression presented on his face and smiled.

Galven: After such an eventful day, would you like to grab something to eat with me? I'm famished! ::pats his stomach::

DeVeau: Food sounds like an excellent idea.

As if to third the motion, Alora’s stomach rumbled.  How had she managed not to eat?  There was too much to do, too much to see, not enough time.  Well, that wasn’t exactly true - she was stationed there, so she did have time, it was just exciting, which lead to her getting distracted.

Out of the corner of his eye, German saw another familiar face and wanted to get her attention. He waved, then puckered up his lips and gave out a loud whistle. Hopefully that didn't hurt anyone's ears.

Galven: Romy! Over here! ::to Alora:: That's Ensign Romyana Casparian. One of the most fascinating engineers on this base.

At the sound of her name Romyana looked up to see who it could possibly be that called out to her like that, and why. A few yards away she saw Galven’s head sticking out above the crowd. She gave him a happy wave of recognition and made her way over.

Casparian: Hello German, how nice to see you are up and about again. ::to Alora:: Hello, I’m Romyana, but everyone calls me Romy. ::gives her a warm smile and a friendly wink::

DeVeau: Hi Romy.  I’m Alora, but everyone calls me Alora.

Alora thrust her hand out toward the engineer, which Romy shook joyfully.

Casparian: Haha, right. Pleased to meet you.

DeVeau: It’s a pleasure to meet you.  So, it looks like we’re both stuck with this fellow.

Jabbing a thumb toward German, she grinned up the Denobulan which caused German to smirk and shake his head at the playful jab.

DeVeau: How long have you been stationed here?

Casparian: I’m a fresh Academy graduate. I came to the star base only a couple of months ago, three I think, but it feels much longer!

Galven: I’ve actually been here for almost 8 months. Before Ops, I was stationed on the Astraeus, Montreal, and my first posting which was the Veritas.

He inclined his head for them to follow where he was planning to go eat. His cane wasn’t that much in the way of his walking because now it was more like a prop than a helpful walking device.

DeVeau: Veritas, the ship of truth.

Alora didn’t pronounce the ship’s name like most.  Rather than a hard ‘vuh’ sound, the word was spoken as ‘Weritas’.  She didn’t care about the strange looks she got.

Casparian: So you two go way back then? How amazing that you find your paths cross again. It’s a small world - or universe, I should say.

Galven: Alora was on the Veritas with me when I was just an Ensign like yourself, Romyana. We didn’t have much time to work together because about a few days after, some crew members and I were transferred to another ship.

Casparian: Oh, ::frowns::  that sounds like a tumultuous start. ::smiles and points at the pip on her collar:: But it didn’t seem to have slowed your careers down, Lieutenant Commanders.

DeVeau: German just couldn’t get away from me fast enough - but now, he’s stuck with me.  Can’t get away from me this time.

Alora grinned and winked at her fellow officer.

DeVeau: Still, he’s right, we didn’t get much time to work together on the Veritas, much to my disappointment.

Galven: ::smiles:: Which is why I’m excited to be working with you again! But first, let’s eat. Have you two heard of Granny's Place?

Upon hearing the restaurant name her lips curled as she fondly remembered having dinner there with John, the starfleet counselor she met by a chance encounter, the day before the mission.

Casparian: I have actually. The Trill owner is a lovely lady and the food is excellent. Have you tried Trill food before?

DeVeau: I’m always game for food.  Okay, maybe not always, but at this moment, I’m definitely game for sustenance.  As for Trill food, yes, but not often.  I’ve been on a Starbase before, had other opportunities on ships, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

German kept quiet as the two women were talking. He was thrilled to be with officers from his past and present. The signs along the walls were helpful because he noticed that they were getting closer to the restaurant which was a relief because his hip was acting up.

Casparian: I’ve been browsing the shops all day. I could eat enough food to fill a shuttlepod! Are you sure you want me to join? ::glances at Galven:: I mean, I don’t want to intrude.

DeVeau:  Are you kidding?  The more the merrier?  Besides, German’s the only person I knew here before arriving, and I’m dying to get to know others.  So yes, please do join us!  I shall cry if you don’t.

Okay, not really, but hopefully, it made the point.

Galven: ::chuckles:: No intrusion at all. Besides we practically invited you!

The three walked down the Promenade side by side, German in the middle.  It was only a short stroll, Granny’s Place was right around the corner.

Casparian: Alora, I must warn you, I’m a very curious person. ::chuckles:: Tell me, what is your field of expertise?

DeVeau: Xenobotony and Xenozoology.  I couldn’t decide between the two, so I did both.

That, combined with her music, dancing, martial arts...well, people tended to say she was a glutton for punishment.  Alora didn’t care, she enjoyed it all, and always preferred to keep busy.

Galven: Us scientists are an indecisive bunch when it comes to which subject to choose from.

DeVeau: What about you?

Galven: Quantum and Temporal Mechanics and Xenobiology.

Casparian: Oh man, all those multiple degrees! You two are geniuses compared to me. I majored in Components Engineering, then filled the curriculum with subjects for comm/ops. A very common combination.

DeVeau: What made you decide to go into that field?

[TBC]

----
Lt. Commander German Galven
2O/Chief Science Officer