LT Aine Sherlock - When A Plan Comes Together

Aine Sherlock

Aug 5, 2022, 10:56:18 PMAug 5
to sb11...@googlegroups.com
((OOC: Still in the middle of my move, and exhausted. I think I got this all stitched together, apologise if I missed something.))

((Engineering, USS Belladonna))

Sherlock: =/\= Sherlock to Taybrim. =/\=

Taybrim: =/\= Taybrim here, Lieutenant. =/\=

Sherlock: =/\= We've got some good news, Commodore. The bomb is deactivated. =/\=

Taybrim: =/\= That is excellent news!=/\=

Luthas: =/\= It’s no longer technically live FYI but the explosives and tri cobalt are still here. If they’re shot they’d still be set off. =/\=

Grogu: Let’s hope no terrorists show up.

Aine couldn't disagree with the little green man. It was still a valid threat. And if they did decide to come in force, who knew how far they'd be willing to go to accomplish any act of terrorism possible.

Taybrim: =/\= Still, a good outcome for now, it gives the Belladonna maneuvering ability.=/\=

Sherlock: =/\= Recommend we transport the tricobalt and explosives off the Belladonna as well. =/\=

Taybrim: =/\= We have a working theory on how we can complete that safely. =/\=

Luthas: =/\= Once the bomb is trans ported, what do you want us to do? =/\=

Taybrim: =/\= The Belladonna should drop speed so we can assess the damage.  But, the Narendra should leave the Belladonna’s warp bubble before there is any change in the impulse power or change in speed.  Otherwise we risk a collision=/\=

Sherlock: =/\= We should be able to do that from here, just need to coordinate it with the Renot and Asta. =/\=

Grogu: If the explosives are transported off the ship, will you detonate them?

Sherlock: That depends, possibly just dispose of it. I'll leave that up to the scientists.

Luthas/Sherlock: ?

Taybrim: =/\= In order to teleport the bomb off the ship we need a transwarp capable engineer.  Is Ensign Renot available? =/\=

Transwarp? Aine's eyes widened. She wasn't sure what exactly they were planning on doing yet, but it definitely sounded more complicated than anything in her profession.

Grogu: So it’s very unlikely, but I know enough about tricobalt to know it wouldn’t be good to have in certain hands.  Wouldn’t it be better to destroy it?

Sherlock: ::nodding to Grogu but speaking to Taybrim:: I haven't seen Ensign Renot since he left with Asta.

Luthas: ?

Taybrim: =/\= It depends on how critical the impulse drive is.  If the shutdown needs to be immediate, we should move away and then rejoin the warp bubble to pull the bomb off.  Otherwise we could transport the bomb off and then break away. =/\=

Grogu: Since I’m pretty useless here, I’m going to see what I can do to help with the impulse engines, unless there’s something else?

Sherlock: ::to Grogu:: I think we're good here. =/\= Commodore, one of the engineers here is inquiring about what we'll do with the bomb once it's off the Belladonna? =/\=

Luthas: ?

Taybrim: =/\= Yes, we will detonate the bomb once it is off the Belladonna and everyone is at a safe range.  Preferably we will transfer the evacuees to the Prophecy first.  The Narendra has enough maneuverability to detonate the bomb and move away without being damaged.  But both the Prophecy and the Belladonna need to be far away from the blast radius and shockwave. =/\=

There was a sense of relief in the plan. Tri-cobalt was a dangerous material and the risk of keeping any of it around was dangerous. Of course Starfleet would prefer it were gone, but from some of the things she'd seen with Starfleet Intelligence...well...the ban on a Genesis Device didn't stop them from classifying recent research.

Luthas/Sherlock: ?

There was some light chatting from a couple other officers on the bridge, but Aine couldn't make out what they were discussing.

Taybrim: =/\= Let me talk to Ensign Renot.  In the meantime, Captain Luthas, can you send the scans of the specific bomb specs to Lieutenant Tito so we can calculate how far we’ll have to be from the bomb when we fire, to be able to escape? =/\=

Aine handed Luthas her tricorder which she'd used during her initial scans. The explosives themselves wouldn't be too big of a boom, but the tri-cobalt, even without a star or planet to help in the catalyst could easily destroy ships from massive distances.

Luthas: ?

Tito: Ready to receive the data when you are able to send it, Captain Luthas.

Aristren: response

Taybrim: =/\= and we’ll need to know the safe distance for the other ships. =/\=

The conversation between the pair of officers and Sal continued for a few moments. Aine listened in but could only make out bits and pieces.

Sherlock: =/\= Is there anything we can do to assist with the evacuations, Commodore? =/\=

Luthas: response

Taybrim: =/\=?

tags/TBC

Lieutenant Aine Sherlock