LtCmdr Rustyy Hael - Ready to rock and roll

Noelle Motuelle

Jul 4, 2024, 7:43:35 AM (yesterday) Jul 4
to SB118 Ops

____________________
Lieutenant Commander Rustyy Hael
Chief Engineer
Starbase 118 Ops
USS Narendra
A239202RH0

Noelle Motuelle

Jul 4, 2024, 7:44:13 AM (yesterday) Jul 4
to SB118 Ops

((Ooc sorry hit send before I copied it over ::facepalm::))

((Science Labs, Central Biodome, Miri IVa))

Rustyy liked a good challenge with the rest of them. However, he specialized in engineering, not science. So good ideas flowed. They weren’t always feasible so to the realm of what they could actually do.

Hael: Maybe we can use this like a deflector, snedin’ ou’ a wide band to ge’ ev’rythin’ at once.

McLaren: That will be safe?

Ross: UV light can get quite damaging, no?

Rodrega: Do they even teach basic science in Starfleet? Everyone who will be exposed to the amount we need at this wavelength will be sunburned, but there should not be enough exposure to cause worse then that.

McLaren: They do... but not everyone needs that knowledge on a daily basis.

Rustyy smiled at Sol. A small bit of gratitude for quick come to his defense.

No, he hadn’t known that the wavelength they were using had to do with UV. Not that it was what caused burning.

Hey, learn something new everyday!

Ross: Most citizens have retreated into their houses anyways, didn't they? However, if there are protests in the streets we should be careful that those situations aren't aggravated further by people feeling like they are cooked alive.

Hael: Be soundin’ like we gotta plan ‘ere. Jus’ gotta figure out how’ta get’r goin’.

Rodrega: Now, with a lot of scientific equipment damaged, what does the mighty Starfleet have that can help with this?

McLaren: We have a Starship in orbit with plenty of equipment, and one of the best engineers in the fleet to put it together into something we can use.

This woman was out to make Rustyy feel warm and bubbly! He would never refer to himself as the best. Some would question her sanity for such a bold statement.

He, however, would take the praise and try and live up to it.

Ross: Do you think this device is sufficient? Or should we link it to the Narendra and come from above?

Hael: This ‘ere should have’a bit’s range. We jus’ gotta set it broadly ‘nough to be reachin’ the outer edges.

Rodrega: Lets get to it, then.

McLaren: Yes... the sooner we can solve this situation the sooner we can figure out who caused it.

Ross: I'll link up with the Narendra, won't hurt to have some backup.

Hael: Good thinkin’.

It wouldn’t be hard to set the equipment up. With scans of the plant and dome, he could figure the back math pretty quickly.

A quick reroute and he should be able to get enough power too. The Narendra should also have the same info. If they worked together, if one failed the other should be able to pick up the slack.

McLaren: So then Doctor... what do we need to get to implement this plan of yours.

Rodrega: ?

McLaren: I think we can accomodate that.

Hael: yep, tha’ shouldn’ be to hard.

In fact, at the end it seemed simple. Not like simple-simple, pre-mix pancake mix or something. But, in the grand scheme of things, something they could accomplish with confidence.

Hopefully.

Rodrega: ?

Ross: Doctor Rodrega, would you mind granting us access to data you retrieved from your UV experiment? We should keep our ship's systems ready with the technical details, just in case.

Like the man read his mind! Rustyy nodded in agreement.

Rodrega: ?

Ross: Appreciated.

Rodrega/McLaren: ?

Ross: Commander, may I speak to you for a second?

McLaren: ?

(Ooc left in for ease)

Ross: We can focus on this later, but I think the biological source material has been imported without official clearance eight months ago. The science team around Tito also scanned plant signatures that match a Romulan biotech profile.

McLaren: ?

He nodded. Right now they had to focus on a solution, so he turned back to Rustyy.

Ross: Anything I can help with?

Hael: I be thinkin’ we be ready… ::he was confident. But then didn’t know all the work already put into trying to end this wild plant.::

Ross/McLaren/Rodrega: ?

Hael: So… should we be ::paused as he hunted for the right word.:: Wearin’ something ::he put his hands out, palms up.:: protective?

Seemed silly now, as they were just about to hit the kill switch so to speak. But better late then never.

Ross/McLaren/Rodrega: ?