MSNPC Revak Dosthiran - Big Damn Heroes

1 view

Jamie LeBlanc

Nov 23, 2021, 9:55:53 PM11/23/21
to SB118

((Miranda Station - Common Area))

He didn’t like to think about those days.

The days of being the mongrel in the military.  They days of trying to prove himself to people who would never let him succeed.  And when he was successful despite their best efforts they found some way to cut him down even while giving him his dues.

Revak: Yeah I can fly it.  I used to be a decorated pilot you know?

And because he – a mongrel – had gotten decorations despite all the roadblocks and setbacks, Cookie might be surprised to see how good he actually was at combat maneuvers.

Cookie: They’re here.

Revak: Good, we’re running out of time.

Kanz had gathered a select few of the regulars.  The most malcontent, the most willing to fight against the Malevolent Overlords and the ones who took the threat the most seriously.  Revak was hastily waving them onto the Regent class fighter, even as he stuffed his precious knapsack of tarblack into the Delta Runner.

Cookie: He kinda looks like you.

Revak: huh?

He looked up, expecting a joke, and then did a doubletake.

A Rekarian.  An actual Rekarian.  What the heck?  There weren’t any Rekarians on the station besides him.

No Romulans either, besides him.

And now this guy.

Nijil/Cookie: ?

Revak: We gotta get that fighter launched before the Malevolent Overlords close the shield grid and lock this place down.

Nijil/Cookie: ?

Alarms started wailing and orange lights flashed across the bay.  Revak grit his teeth and yelled at the group to get in the fighter.

Revak: Which is like three minutes ago.  I don’t think they’re gonna make it.

He drew in a breath, running to the hangar bay controls and putting in the override.  They could close the shields but he still controlled the doors.

He would find another way.

Nijil/Cookie: ?

Revak: Cookie, can you aim?  Like shoot?

Nijil/Cookie: ?

He popped the hatch on the tiny Delta Runner.  It was the racecar of small craft, sleek, tiny, fast, maneuverable.  It had a pew-pew canon and three seats.

Revak: Get in the runner.  Cookie, take the gunner’s seat.  I’ve got the pilot’s chair.  ::he looked to Nijil:: And you said you wanted in on this crazy plan?

Now Revak was guessing another Starfleet officer.  They seemed to have their hands in this situation good.  But they generally stayed out of the pirates affairs.  So whoever the Malevolent Overlords were, Starfleet apparently hated them more than the Syndicate.

That was some significant hate right there.

Nijil/Cookie: ?

Revak: Well, we’re gonna try to be some big damn heros and destroy the shield emitter covering this bay – from the inside.

By flying a hot rod shuttle inside the shields.  It was crazy.  It was dangerous.

It just might work.

Nijil/Cookie: ?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~

MSNPC Revak Dosthiran
Flight Control

Miranda VII Station

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck

E239010ST0

Jamie LeBlanc

Nov 23, 2021, 11:42:31 PM11/23/21
to SB118
(OOC - added Nijil's new tags)

[...]

Nijil: One of us could take offense to that. ::he snarked, though approached the two.::

He looked up, expecting a joke, and then did a doubletake.

A Rekarian.  An actual Rekarian.  What the heck?  There weren’t any Rekarians on the station besides him.

No Romulans either, besides him.

And now this guy.

Cookie: ?

Revak: We gotta get that fighter launched before the Malevolent Overlords close the shield grid and lock this place down.

Cookie: ?

Nijil: Leaving in a hurry?

Alarms started wailing and orange lights flashed across the bay.  Revak grit his teeth and yelled at the group to get in the fighter.

Revak: Yeah, I’d like to leave before we all die…which the deadline for that was like three minutes ago.  ::His eyes scanned towards the Regent Class fighter::  I don’t think they’re gonna make it.