Commodore Taybrim - Drinks On Me

Jamie LeBlanc

May 15, 2022, 11:02:36 PM5/15/22
to SB118

((Bridge – USS Narendra))

DeVeau: All right, let’s see what she’s got!

Sal smiled at this, pleased as ever to put his ship through its paces.  And he was always impressed by the upgrades done, and the basic engineering that made the Ambassador class stand the test of time.

Luthas/Velix ?

Blackwell: Let’s see what she can do, Zel

Zel: How tight you want this loop?

DeVeau: With your skills, I expect you to turn this thing on a pinhead Zel.  Go all out.

Zel grinned and leaned forward ready to make this ship dance.

Zel: Yesssss…

Blackwell: On your mark.

Everything was set, the conditions were right and the Syndicate ships were playing into the trap.  Lovely.  Sometimes things just fell into place.

Luthas/Velix: ?

He edged the impulse drive forward, pulling up when the large marauder showed its ugly face.

Zel: Here comes Big Daddy…

DeVeau: Bigger doesn’t mean better.  Fortify those shields.  Zel, you know what to do.

Zel: I sure do.

Evasive maneuvers!  Zel’s favorite, especially in a tight ship – and this was a tight ship.  He eased into the turn and then let the Syndicate chase them a little, luring them closer and closer to the gas giant.

Luthas/Velix: ?

Blackwell: Now it’s about to get really fun.

Oh yes, this was fun!  Especially since the shots registered, and the damage showed on screen, but Rustyy Hael was still perfectly calm because the damage wasn’t translated into the Narendra.  It was all fun and games.

Too bad every mission wasn’t the same way.

DeVeau: Excellent Zel, keep us out of reach if you can.

Zel: If I can.

He chuckled and spun the ship tightly to starboard, neatly avoiding a new barrage of disruptor fire, chuckling all the way.

Luthas/Velix: ?

Blackwell: No such thing as too much fun! ::She said with amusement::

DeVeau: Now that’s a statement I can get behind.

Zel: the only way you can have too much fun is if you end up vomiting in an alleyway afterwards!

Sal might have looked innocent at that point.  There might have been a drinking incident last shore leave, and there might have been a Gorn marine doing just that in an alleyway.

Well, you only live once…

Luthas/Velix: ?

He pulled upwards and nosed the Narendra on an intercept course between the two smaller syndicate ships.  One might say it was a ramming course – but at the very last minute he spun the ship and managed to sneak right past both, and into the atmosphere of the gas giant, pulling the fabled loop-de-loop just before the shields started to scream from the heat of the atmosphere.

Zel: Ha-ha!  Yes!

Blackwell: If you can’t laugh when this is fun, when can you?

DeVeau: I can’t argue with that logic.

Taybrim: Nor can I!

The Commodore was even grinning at this display!

Luthas/Velix: ?

Blackwell: So what is our next move - Save the diplomats day?

DeVeau: Well, that and not get blown up.

Zel: Both good things in my book!

Blackwell/Luthas/Velix: ?

DeVeau: We’re outmatched by this thing.   Zel, keep them guessing for now.

Zel: They can eat my tailpipe.  Wait, this thing doesn’t have a tailpipe… anyways

He grinned and pulled the ship around the gas giant, and started weaving through the sattelites around the massive planet before ducking and dodging to head in a round-about course towards the planet their holo-diplomats were stranded on.

Blackwell/Luthas/Velix: ?

DeVeau: Rue, Neeya, get schematics and run scans on the ship, what weaknesses are there?  Anything we can exploit?

Blackwell/Velix: ?

DeVeau: Luthas, Zel, you’re my tactically minded officers, I’m open to suggestions.

Luthas: ?

Zel: We’re faster than it.  And those engines can’t do a warp jump like we can.  So give it a push into, say, an atmosphere… they would have a hard time getting out of the planet’s gravity befor their shields started burning.

DeVeau: Feel free to get some tea, Sal.

Taybrim: Orange cider, always ::His black eyes sparkled.:: and only if I don’t get it poured all over me…

Zel: Are you questioning my ability to stay within the specs of the inertial dampeners?

Blackwell/Luthas/Velix/DeVeau: ?

Taybrim: I have complete faith in everyone’s ability!  How about drinks on me should you successfully rescue the diplomats?

Blackwell/Luthas/Velix/DeVeau: ?

Taybrim: ::Scoffing:: No that does not including pouring them over my head… but clever nonetheless…

Blackwell/Luthas/Velix/DeVeau: ?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~
OOC – time to finish up with style!
~*~

Commodore Sal Taybrim
Commanding Officer

StarBase 118 Ops

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck

E239010ST0