Ensign Haukea-Willow - A Risian and a Vulcan in the Park.

1 view

Aly Drolet

May 30, 2023, 8:34:41 PM5/30/23
to sb11...@googlegroups.com

((Federation Park - San Francisco District - Starbase 118))

Haukea didn’t often take her painting supplies to locations that weren’t beach related, since that was her preferred subject to paint. Yet, being nowhere near a beach, one that isn’t artificial, Haukea found it pertinent to adventure out of her comfort zone. Hence why she had set up shop in Federation Park, in the San Francisco District of Starbase 118.

Here, wearing a pair of flare high waisted jeans, belt, a red hue thin striped t-shirt, and a cream sweater vest with a criss-cross pattern with red hearts, Haukea had set up her portable easel, oil paints and a pallet full of lush greens, ferns, mosses, basil. Currently she was painting one of the large simulated trees in Federation Park using a range of browns from wood to cedar, attempting to get the shading exact.

Looking past her easel, Haukea admired the tree in front of her, the banana colored path, the multitude of civilians walking to and fro. In one hand she held a cup of umber water, dirty from multiple brush rinses. In the other she held her paint brush, not particularly fat, more slim, bristles tapering into an oval shape, crusted with dry paint. For a moment she held the brush between her teeth as she stared past her easel. To her surprise she was looking right at a  familiar Vulcan woman walking towards her.

Sera: Response

Willow: Sera, right?

Sera: Response

Willow: Huakea. Of course, of course. I would love to.

Sera: Response

Willow: Just let me pack up my supplies.

Sera: Response

The pair walk on as Haukea talks.

Willow: Umm…Oil painting…I typically paint beaches. But I thought trees would be a nice change of pace.

Sera: Response

Ensign Haukea-Willow

Security

Starbase 118 Ops

M239512BG0

"One thing I've learned from my parents and from observing all the artists I've been lucky enough to grow up around is that you've got to be brave." - Maya Hawke