Ensign Ariana Amaase- Plots and plans

Tanya Warwick

Oct 19, 2021, 7:11:13 PM10/19/21
to sb11...@googlegroups.com
I((SB118 – Marine Facilities – Briefing Room A))

Starbase118 would always mesmerise Ariana. From the simplicity of some of their equipment tonthe more complex pieces. Briefing room A was a lot smaller than the luxurious room the Captains, but she was still in awe of it and the projector that was being used to inform them of the different schematics and models.
As she like her history, it just always amazed her how far technology had really come along. The projections were really detailed and precise, and the tap or the screen or padd, you could enlarge different areas for a more in depth look.
The room had a nice clean smell to it, she took a seat.

Tatash: Thank you for coming. As the Commodores briefing alluded to, we’re going to be the Plan B for the mission. If diplomacy fails, we need to be in play and our plan ready to execute on a hair trigger.

Kasun: Performing sabotage is not really my area of expertise. :: If anything it was the opposite. :: Do you have any ideas?

Amaase: I can help with sabotage if needed. But I'm good to help in any aspect needed of me. ::she crossed her legs at the ankles::

Tatash: Well, my initial idea is we try and do this the smart way, then the loud way. The smart way is that our techies ::he gestured to Amaase and Taelon:: can disable these things remotely. No collateral damage, just a mysterious case of everything breaking down at once.

Kasun: :: She nodded :: And I’m assuming you have an idea for what to do if that fails?

Taelon tilted his head one way, then the other, and finally nodded.

Tatash: That’s where myself and Commander Kasun come in. If the remote work fails, or it doesn’t take to one of the ships, we need to have charges in place to destroy them before they can take off. Which means we’re going to need you smart people to not only disable the ships, but potentially the security systems around them.

Ishani nodded.

Taelon: I guess - what are the limitations? Is this, um, anything goes, or….

Tatash: Well ::he paused, folding his arms:: Sabotage is authorised, which means there’s no holds barred. You’re free to whip up whatever hellish software you want to get those ships grounded, and we’re free ::his eyes looking at Kasun:: to make the biggest fireworks display we like as a backup plan.

Kasun: :: Amused :: A ship shattering kaboom. :: More seriously :: While I don’t want to tell you not to feel bad, I’d just remember that they won’t be holding back against us and if they do win a lot more people will die.

Taelon smiled at that and leaned forward

Tatash: So, we have our objective, what are your thoughts on getting it done?

Kasun: Groups wise I think it would actually be best to have us split differently, with one tech and one non tech person each than having the two techs and the two non techs together. Gives us a better spread given the skills we have between us.

Amaase: That makes sense.

Tatash: ?

Kasun: :: To Taelon :: You have more experience with junker ships and hacking and :: To Tatash :: you have more sabotage experience in general , so I think it would be best to have our two more experienced people together to maximize success.  My experience with sabotage is mostly preventing it from happening, and I’m assuming Ariana is the same. :: she glanced over at Ariana to confirm :: Therefore I think it would be better to have us deal with the more simple, less involved stuff.

Taelon raised his eyebrows, but nodded, looking to Tatash.

Taelon: If you’re okay with, uh, that arrangement...

Amaase: I'm good to go wherever I'm needed.

Tatash: ?

Kasun: Anything you can provide or whip up that we can use for the mission would be most appreciated.

Tatash: ?

Taelon considered for a moment, then reached up to the projector, flitting it between the various ship models.

Taelon: Given the types of ships - Orion, Klingon, some Gorn and Romulan tech - I think Swarmers are the best choice. They’re - ::He paused, redirecting to an explanation.:: Small robotic units that can eat away at systems and overtake the computer software. I’ll have to get them trained for each ship type, but you can deposit them and they can work on their own. Technically they can be deployed in ship-to-ship combat if it comes to that….anyway, you can set them to work easily enough. If things take a turn, we can have them disable critical systems like life support and communications, but they can prioritize the launch and startup systems. They get into the hull and behind bulkheads to sabotage and overtake systems out of sight.

Kasun: :: Chuckling :: Unfortunately it’s too late for practice but I’m usually pretty good at following directions.

Amaase: Okay.

Kasun/Tatash: ?

Taelon ran a hand over his head.

Taelon: Um, other reason I’d like to use them is that they’re - well, they’re not Federation tech, so - if they’re found, they won’t, you know…

Know who did it. It was a fairly vital part of sabotage. (OOC: not removed as I'm unsure if this is spoken it isn't clear to me)

Ariana smiled.
Amaase: I like your thinking. ::to Taelon::

Kasun/Tatash: ?

Taelon: I can have batches of them made in a few hours. I just need to set up their cores with the layouts and priority lists. ::He held up a hand, pointer finger and thumb less than an inch apart.:: They’re about that big. A batch consists of 25 to 100. What amount do you want?

Amaase: Would 100 be enough? Too much?

Kasun/Tatash: ?

Taelon shrugged one shoulder.

Taelon: If they, um, don’t work, then we can do things the Klingon way and blow things up.

Ariana nodded.

Amaase: any means necessary to get the job done.

Kasun/Tatash: ?

Ensign Ariana Amaase
Engineer Officer
SB118-OPS