Ens. Noah Glover & Lt. Cmdr. Alora DeVeau - "Babies" Part I

Amanda

Jul 9, 2020, 10:29:38 PM7/9/20
to StarBase 118 Ops – UFOP: StarBase 118

((Starbase 118 Ops, Habitat - Noah Glover’s Quarters))

It had taken a while, but Alora had finally gotten all her pots replanted, the babies that had sprung up separated and put into individual pots, and now they were much happier for it.  It also meant she had some available to give to others. Of course, she had also started some new babies, but they were just leaves, planted in fertile soil in order to propagate more.  In the meantime, she’d give away the ones she’d have and get to the people who hadn’t gotten any later.

One of the stops took her by Ensign Noah Glover’s quarters.  Although she didn’t know him well, she’d had a lot of fun in his Wild West Adventure - surely he deserved one of her plants.  So, arriving outside his quarters after making sure he was actually there, she paused her hover cart that was filled with fuzzy leafed flora, and pressed the button to announce her presence.

"I see trees of green, red roses too." Noah sang as he moved around his room, warming up his pipes to one of his favorite jazz songs.  "I see them bloom for me and you" he continued until he heard the chime at his door, alerting him that he had a visitor.  He was dressed casually in off duty clothes and his hair was a bit of a mess from all of his dancing around the room as he sang.

Glover: Come in.

The door slid open, revealing Alora standing there with her cart full of plants.

DeVeau: Hi Noah!

Alora beamed brightly at the young man as he answered the door.

Glover: Nice to see you Commander.  How may I help you?

DeVeau: I was just wondering if you would like a baby.

Noah blushed at her question, a little more then he had hoped.  Alora was a beautiful woman and Noah had never had someone come on to him so forward before.

Glover: I… uh… ::hesitating::

Alora motioned to the hovercart that waited patiently while Alora attempted to give away its load.

DeVeau: I have a wide variety to choose from and I can show you pictures of the mature plants and the flowers so you can have an idea of what they will look like.

Noah felt like an idiot as he realized what exactly Alora was asking of him.  He smiled, in an attempt to cover up his embarrassment.

Glover: Yes, I would love some!  Please, come in.

Noah motioned Alora to join him in his quarters.  His quarters were bare for the most part, except for an exercise bike in one corner, a sofa, and a yoga mat.

Alora manoeuvred the cart into his quarters and turned it so that it came to a stop just to the side of the entrance.

Glover: As you can see, the place could use some sprucing up.  I haven't had much of a chance to decorate the place since I arrived from the academy.

Noah tugged on the collar of his shirt in an attempt to cool himself down.  He still felt embarrassed from his earlier misunderstanding and he imagined his face was more red then he would have liked. He cleared his throat as he made his way over to the replicator.

Glover: Would you care for some tea?

DeVeau: I would love some.  I have a particular fondness for berry teas.

If Alora noticed his discomfort, she gave no indication of it.  She took a polite assessment of his quarters, but couldn’t blame him for not having much.  When she first entered Starfleet, she didn’t have much either.  Eventually, she had plants delivered, cultivated more, received more as gifts, added pictures, a quilt, little things that turned her quarters into a home.

DeVeau: Sometimes it takes a while to get going.  Plants are great for ‘sprucing up’.  Glover:. ::smiles pleasantly:: I agree with you there.  My quarters look dreary in their current condition, some plants will bring life to this space.

Alora accepted the glass of tea and raised it in thanks before sipping at it. DeVeau: So what’s your favourite colour?

Glover: ::taking a sip of tea:: I love the color blue.  It reminds me of the open sky and the mysterious ocean.

Alora took at her triPADD and pulled up her gallery, then passed it over.

DeVeau: Take a look, these are the ones I currently have.  They’re all African violets, from Earth.

Noah looked over the plants on Alora's triPADD.  The look on his face showed how much he liked them.  He made a few selections, choosing a few violet colors and of course some blue. Glover: They are beautiful!  The petals of the flower look so soft.  I think they will make the perfect addition here.

DeVeau: Have you ever cared for African violets before?

Glover: ::shook his head no::

DeVeau: They’re super easy.

Alora moved to the cart and plucked the varieties Noah had indicated and passed them over.

Noah accepted the plants graciously and placed them on the table beside where the two were standing.

DeVeau: So how are you liking Starfleet thus far?

Glover: ::motioning to have a seat:: My mother would not be happy with my lack of manners.  Please, have a seat and get comfortable.  ::takes a seat on the couch::

The room already had more life in it now that Alora was here and the air smelled more sweet and fragrant from the flowers on her cart.

Glover: It has been an adventure already, which I love, but it is the people that have made the real impact on me.  I am really enjoying being a part of the crew here.

DeVeau: Glad to hear it. Alora chose the armchair and sat, crossing one leg over the other and settled down into it.

Glover: How long have you been on Starbase 118?

DeVeau: Two...yeah, two weeks now I think.  Time flies, so it’s easy to forget, and I keep myself busy.  Before that I was on the Veritas, and a couple of ships before that.  They’ve moved me around to different places, but I’m hoping I can stay put for a while.

Noah found himself listening intently to Alora.  He was really enjoying this time getting to know her.  The fact that she thought enough to share her flowers with others was enough to leave a good impression on Noah.

******

Ensign Noah Glover

Security Officer

Starbase 118 Ops