Executor Malefic - The Solution, Deployed

kaycieekeith

Nov 22, 2021, 3:54:08 PM11/22/21
to StarBase 118 Ops a Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Miranda Station - Terra Prime Medical Study Center))

The clink of metal followed the footsteps of the Malefic Executor as he stalked slowly down the corridor and into the laboratory.  The footsteps were ominous, echoing down  the hallway and through the underground lab with each pace taken, but somehow still light in nature.  Each step belayed a purpose being undertaken.  The work being done came to a standstill… the Executor didn’t often come down to the lab.  When he did, ALL took notice, and stepped back, not wanting to take his attention.  But he was in a hurry now, and if he had to *kill* someone to motivate the researchers, that’s what he would do.  There was no more time to waste with the Federation breathing down their necks.  The staff, all Human of course, knew when to be quiet.  The lab itself was well lit, but somewhat colorless, the bright whites creating dark shadows beneath the grey, unpainted metal of the working panels.

Stepping through the lab, the Executor Malefic walked past a gurney with a lifeless body, draped in a white sheet stained in spots of drying, browning green-red blood.  The last unfortunate test subject.  He had been dead forty minutes, discarded now that his use had ended.

When their ominous visiter spoke, the voice *grated* through the vocal modulator in the mask… and the laboratory staff cringed.

Malefic:  *WELL?*

Lead Researcher:  Sir… ::cautiously stepping forward, and activating a large monitor:: … we’ve succeeded.

The masked face turned to look at the scientist, the silence saying just as much as any words would have.

Lead Researcher:  It’s a minor alteration from our last formulation.  It should only take a few minutes to alter our current stock.  We just had to resynthesize the base pairs, before we...

Malefic:  ::interrupting::  Show me.

Silence again, and the lead researcher escorted the Malefic Executor  to the next room, where a vault had been built into the wall.  It was half the size of a person, and opened at the touch of a finger… a genetic lock.  Only the lead researcher could open it.  Colored light spilled from inside the vault as it cranked loudly open, a swirling neon pink and electric blue light spilling from the decontamination chamber surrounding the product inside.  It was held carefully aloft in small vials, turning slowly in their mechanical storage unit, never left to settle for a moment.

Malefic:  What is the case fatality rate of this new formula?

Lead Researcher:  Pureblooded Humans will have ninety eight percent immunity rate.  For hybrids, we estimate approximately a ninety two percent fatality rate.  With a three percent variable rate for genetic anomalies.

The sound of programs indicating.  The wheeze of the ventilation system working.  The silent fear that united the staff in the room.

The air was heavy with expectations.

And beneath the ventilation mask, the Executor Malefic *smiled.*

It wasn’t perfect, but they could spare two percent of Humans to save them from upwards of ninety five percent of the *dirt.*

Their second fleet was still hidden behind a moon orbiting Utopia Colony, waiting on new orders.  They just needed the new data, and minutes to resynthesize the formula.

Malefic:  Deploy it.

~*~

Executor Malefic of Terra Prime

Written by