Lt. Commander Solaris McLaren - Cunning Plans. (TAG: Blackwell/Zel)

solarismclaren

Apr 15, 2021, 1:19:27 AM4/15/21
to StarBase 118 Ops a Star Trek PBEM RPG
(( Serenity - Main Bridge ))

Zel: We’re cloaked, it’ll work.  Besides we have a few people onboard.  Hopefully they’re not all engaged in treating Meeks.

But he would still miss the ship.  He hated leaving his ship behind.

McLaren: Good.

Blackwell: All right, let me get coordinates put in place. ::She started to program the transporters accordingly::

Zel: Gimmie a moment, I’m tapping into some Comms.

Sol wait, letting the scrappy hybrid listen to the comms, seeing no reason to interrupt his concentration. It seemed Izzy had had the same idea.

Zel: Okay, Gravzenko of House Pla’noth is providing the feast.  Deliveries are going to lower dock 4.

Blackwell: Can we get past the guard? ::She tilted her head::

McLaren: Well thats awfully nice of him...

Zel: ::He shook his head:: No, there’s a security check at the unloading dock that no amount of lying will get us past.  ::he pulled up a schematic on the main viewscreen.:: You either have clearance or you don’t – and we don’t.  But… ::If there was one thing that Zel was very good at, it was finding every entrance and exit to a room.:: there’s three ways out.  One, the conveyor belt for the goods leads straight to the kitchens.  ::he highlighted it.:: Two, there’s a ventilation shaft that goes a few dozen different places. ::Also highlighted:: And three, there’s a waste disposal system that leads to a main hub. ::the third highlight.::

Sol studied the screen as Zel listed everything off.

Blackwell: Hm. ::She moved over to look at the schematic::

McLaren: All of those sound good.

Zel: Well, the considerations for the conveyor belt is: its fully scanned and in the open.  But a straight safe route if you’re not vaporized for being illegal cargo.  The considerations for the ventilation system are: It’s six meters above the ground (20 feet) and secured by several spaced security fields.  The considerations for the waste disposal system are it’s difficult to navigate – and in difficult read mostly vertical with a lot of falling, and one wrong move and you’ll end up in an incinerator.

The previously good dsounding choices each sounded less good by the second.

Zel: Any preference to which one we go for?

McLaren: So the choices are 'vaporization', 'broken neck' or 'incinieration'? Very Klingon choices, if I do say so myself...

Blackwell: I am thinking of the option that does not include the chance for incineration or the vaporizing.

Sol nodded.

McLaren: I think I like the vents the best too. If only because its the least dangerous option...

Blackwell: I’m boring like that ::she said with some light humor:: I’m thinking we can simply plug into the sensors in the shaft - and with some rope, and a bit of luck, get to the right place. Can you map it out? ::She glanced to Zel, and then looked to Mclaren for confirmation::

Zel: ?

Sol chuckled.

McLaren: We'll figure that out once we're down on the planet...

Blackwell/Zel: ?

McLaren: We could always make it seem like someone on their end fouled up getting us the proper access credentials.

Blackwell/Zel: ?

~~~
Captain Rose
M.V. Serenity