Fleet Captain Taybrim - Recognition and Welcomes (TAGS: ALL)

Jamie LeBlanc

Jul 31, 2019, 11:57:12 AM7/31/19
to Sb118 Ops
((Eyes on the Mount Observatory – Stargazing room – Ishnag Colony))

::As the crew assembled and refreshed themselves, Sal Taybrim headed to the speaking area in the Stargazing room.  The area wasn’t raised on a platform, but the room was organically designed to place emphasis on the speaker at that location.

He smiled warmed as the gathered quieted down and gazed fondly at the crew who he considered friends, some close enough to be like family, and who he knew were the best support and safeguards in the Trinity sector.::

Taybrim: Thank you everyone for coming this evening.  As you know, I like to recognize your hard work after each mission.  I also wanted to give everyone a chance to see and experience some of the beauty of Ishnag colony.  I would like to start by thank our hosts, Administrator Jesseth and SubCommander Krassh.

::A soft round of applause went around.  Administrator Jesseth stepped forward, his thin form looking tall and powerful when backed by the display of trees and stars.::

Jesseth: There has been a request to see the observational telescope.  I will open the way after your awards.  Please leave all refreshments down here before you come to view.

Any: ?

Taybrim: Thank you so much administrator. ::He smiled gently, before looking to the assembled.:: First I would like to offer some warm welcomes to out new and returning crew, starting with Lieutenant Vehk, who joined us just as the Narendra was launching and we never got to offer a proper welcome.  Lieutenant, welcome to StarBase 118 Ops.  Your arrival was quite timely and your assistance for the infiltration team was integral to its successes.  Welcome onboard!

Vehk: ?

Any: ?

::Next Sal’s eyes settled on the returning crew members, familiar faces he was glad to have back.::

Taybrim: Next, please welcome back Ensign Peinyuong Loizuthi, who returns in our security deoartment.  Ensign Loizuthi, it’s been a long time since we’ve had the pleasure of working with you, but I’m excited to have you back!  I know many of my crew have not worked with the skills of a Worene before and are excited to make new friendship and bonds.  Welcome back!

Loizuthi: ?

Any: ?

::And then his gaze fell upon a quite familiar face.::

Taybrim: Next, please welcome back Lieutenant Solaris McLaren, who returns to us in Intel.  ::He smiled gently:: We missed you, Solaris, and I’m so glad you’re back with us.  I know Ops is stronger with your support.

McLaren: ?

Any: ?

Taybrim: Also, please welcome back Ensign Steven Matrix, who returns in Engineering!  ::He smiled to the human engineer:: Mr. Matrix, we never got the chance to get properly acquainted last time, so I hope we can really get to know your skills and strengths in the upcoming missions.  ::He smiled encouragingly.::

Matrix: ?

Any: ?

Taybrim: And last, but certainly not least, everyone please welcome First Lieutenant Stefan Germanovich, who travelled all the way from the Duronis II Embassy to join the 292nd Marines on StarBase 118. ::He looked towards Stefan and smiled::  Lieutenant Germanovich, I can already tell you have passion for your work and precision to do it tremendously well.  I am very much looking forward to working with you!

Germanovich: ?

Any: ?

::He looked out to the assembled and smiled gently.::

Taybrim: Please, take the opportunity to introduce yourselves to the newest members of our crew tonight if you have not already had a chance to meet them.

::He took a deep breath in and took a number of small boxes out and lay them in order on the paper stand of the speaking area.::

Taybrim: Next I would like to recognize the work done by the crew of StarBase 118.  The adversary we face has a plan that can hurt a whole lot of people if no one tries to stop them.  This mission proved we could build bridges with new allies and stop the plans of people who want to hurt others by working to protect that life.

::at that moment the Gorn administrator stepped forward again, addressing the assembled::

Jesseth: I have already given my thanks to my people who came to help.  But I also recognize it was you, Starfleet officers, who brought this information to us first.  And it was you who arrived first on the scene.  I thank you for offering us the antidote to protect our planet and our younglings.  I thank you for giving us time to evacuate to a safe space and I thank you for taking down the warbird that threatened our peaceful colony.  I want you to know we regard you as friends, and you are welcome back here if you decide to return.

Any: ?

::Sal smiled as Jesseth dipped his head and gave a gesture of respect to the assembled crew.::

Taybrim: Thank you for being a strong ally, Administrator.  And you, Subcommander.  ::And to his crew:: And thank you all for your work in protecting this place.  ::He took in a breath and after a slight pause, called:: May I please have Lieutenant Williams and Commander Maxwell join me?

Williams/Maxwell: ?

::He smiled proudly at the pair.::

Taybrim: Commander, Lieutenant – your actions took lead in working with our Gorn allies.  Your deeds directly protected Ishnag and helped Starfleet work with the Gorn to accomplish our mission.  To recognize this good work, I present you both with the Captain’s Commendation.

::He stepped forward, presenting the pins with a graceful flourish and a wide, happy smile.  He was so pleased to see how each of these officers were developing – and had grown in the time he had known them.::

Williams/Maxwell: ?

Any: ?

Taybrim: Thank you both so much!

Williams/Maxwell: ?

Any: ?

::His eyes scanned the crowd, and fell upon the counselor next.::

Taybrim: Counselor Malko, if you could please join me?

Malko: ?

Taybrim: Counselor you were on the front lines of negotiations with our allies, trying to communicate complex concepts of the Death Fog and the antidote while simultaneously working on building trust so we could ensure the antidote would be dispersed in time.  Not to mention talking down a Klingon strike team, which helped save countless lives.  I want to recognize your hard work with the Diplomacy Ribbon

Malko: ?

Any: ?

::Sal was very proud of Malko.  The Counselor had grown tremendously since coming to StarBase 118 with Commander Fairhug, and he had proved ion this last mission that his promotion as well deserved.::

Taybrim: Your skill in communication and diplomacy helped save thousands of children.  Thank you, so much.

Malko: ?

Any: ?

::As the applause quieted down the Captain’s eyes fell on Doctor Poq.  He knew she had struggled this mission, watching a mentor fall and taking her first steps into leadership.  Sal truly believed she had fantastic potential and that she would go far, but taking that first big step into the role of a department head or assistant department head was a big one.

He would always support her and have her back as she moved forward.::

Taybrim: Doctor Poq, if you could please join me?

Poq: ?

Taybrim: Doctor, your work on the antidote was the other lynchpin in building a successful strategy to protect the younglings on Ishnag.  The creation of a successful antidote is a remarkable accomplishment, and doing so on a time crunch is phenomenal.  Your skill and hard work made it possible to inoculate this planet and save it from the Death Fog.  For this I want to recognize you with the Medical Science ribbon.

Poq: ?

Any: ?

Taybrim: Reema, I know you have it in you to do great things, and you proved that this mission.  Thank you so much for all of your hard work.

Poq: ?

Any: ?

::he smiled kindly to the doctor, and then let his gaze settle on the infiltration team.::

Taybrim: Next, if I may please have Commander Fairhug, Lieutenant Vehk and Lieutenant Cain join me?

Fairhug/Vehk/Cain: ?

Taybrim: I know your team had the most pivotal and dangerous task in this mission.  To infiltrate a Klingon warbird filled with violent cultists is no easy task.  Your maneuvering ensured the safety of the USS Narendra as well as the Ishnag colony and your bravery is appreciated and incredible.  To recognize your service, I want to award you with the Silver Star.

::He offered the award to each with a warm, firm handshake.  He was proud of them and yet he always had a tinge of guilt knowing that they had been in danger.  Bravery was a wonderful trait and yet it weighed upon the mind of an empathetic commanding officer just how much each of these officers risked to save others.::

Fairhug/Vehk/Cain: ?

Any: ?

Taybrim: The risks you took protected your ship and helped save a whole colony.  Thank you so much.

Fairhug/Vehk/Cain: ?

Any: ?

::Sal coughed slightly, as he drew up his last, and least favorite award.::

Taybrim: Mr. Vehk, if you could please stay up here?

Vehk: ?

Taybrim: Every time an officer has given so much to protect others as to be injured in the line of duty, we must recognize that sacrifice.  Lieutenant Vehk, your actions on the infiltration team proved your commitment to this mission and to the protection of your fellow crew.  I want to recognize your commitment and your strength in this mission by awarding you the purple heart.

Vehk: ?

::Sal gently offered the award over, his face a mixture of pride and pain.::

Taybrim: As I always say, I would be happy if I never had to give another purple heart again, but I am also so proud of your commitment and willingness to protect others.  Thank you, Lieutenant.

Vehk: ?

Any: ?

::He took in a deep breath and addressed the crew as a whole.::

Taybrim: Starfleet has also officially recognized the good work this crew did in this past mission and all of you who joined us in protecting Ishnag are awarded with the Joint Meritorious Unit Award, recognizing your work with our Gorn allies for a successful outcome.  Once again, thank you all so much.  You have done well and this planet’s green grass, verdant forests and happy younglings are a testament to your hard work this past week.

Any: ?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~

Fleet Captain Sal Taybrim
Commanding Officer
StarBase 118 Ops

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck
E239010ST0