Lt. J.G. Trovek Arys - A bigger bed

Arys Trovek

May 21, 2022, 12:07:50 PM5/21/22
to Starbase118

((Starbase 118 Ops - Zorkal's Quarters))

Love.

Was it love that Arys felt for Lukin, or was she merely in love? t was a difficult question, and one Bajoran-Human hybrid didn't even want to begin to deal with. Lukin made her feel warm and happy and protected, and those were nice feelings to have. In turn, she wanted him to feel warm and happy and protected. And she wanted to call that 'liking' him. Because love was difficult. Love opened a can of worms, and as a Counsellor, she was willing to deal with other people's feelings, not her own.

Whether it was love, being in love, or liking each other a great deal - the affection in their relationship was new and difficult to place, not least of all because of the rules. Lukin's rules. Cardassia itself had changed, and Arys had seen that first hand. She had seen young couples holding hands and others kissing publicly, but Lukin was the product of a very different time.

Trovek: So, coming back to you being odd, you are saying I can decide between going to bed alone, or coming to bed with you? ::she smirked:: Is there a certain amount of obligatory nights mentioned in the contract?

Zorkal: That has always been a choice. ::pause:: But as to the certain amount of obligatory nights, wouldn’t you know? Didn’t you read it?

The truth was, she was still in the process of reading through the contract that proposed an enjoinment, and usually didn't manage more than one or two paragraphs without a break.

Trovek: I haven't made it all the way through yet. I am currently at the section that decides the expectation as to how many children we will have, and the definition of what counts as a child. I am proposing 'tiny Lizard', that way we already got two out of four.

There was another chuckle. At least he was entertained, Arys however hadn't really been joking. Perhaps a little.

Zorkal: There are currently no obligatory nights mentioned, but if you wish to add it, I am not opposed. You may even say that I am required to spend everynight with you.

Trovek: No, that's excessive and unreasonable. I work different shifts in sickbay, sometimes either of us travels, and sometimes I want to be moody and alone. Plus, you're exhausting.

So much time in the bedroom, and so little sleeping. And not just the fun kind of no sleeping - a lot of time they simply lay awake, talking.
Lukin pulled her closer to him, and Arys placed a small kiss on his cheek.

Zorkal: The contract says one thing, but it does not tell everything. It is so that everything may be done properly and so there will be no questions.

Trovek: ... It says one thing but does not tell everything, but still everything will be done properly. ::she smirked:: You need sleep unless you have become an oracle.

Zorkal: response

Trovek: Let's head to bed. For sleep. ::she paused:: Actually, join me in mine?

It gave her at least the sense that she wasn't entirely dependent on his space, even if "her" bedroom was in his quarters.

Zorkal: response

Not much later they were laying in Arys' bed, already half asleep after the exhausting journey home. Arys had slept in Lukin's quarters before, but tonight, something kept her from falling asleep.

There was the sound of a door opening, on the other side of the apartment, where Lukin's bedroom was. Then the door closed again, and the quiet tipsel-tapsels made their way to the room they were presently occupying.

Arys glanced at Lukin, and the way he gave a quiet nod told her that he had heard it too.

Zorkal: response

Arys placed a finger on her lips to quiet him down, just before the door opened, and said tiny footsteps hesitantly made their way to the bed.

Geleth: ::whiper::Arys...?

A certain someone poked her 'sleeping' form repeatedly, before asking.

Geleth: Are you sleeping?

Arys turned around, facing the little girl that had apparently taken along as many plushies as she could carry in addition to her usual pillow (which, by now, had thankfully been washed).

Trovek: I am. What's wrong?

Geleth: I can't sleep... can you come to sleep in my room?

That was surprising, but not entirely new. When Geleth had been treated in the hospital Arys had worked in, she had often preferred for Arys to stay with her until she had fallen asleep, but never had she actively asked for it.

Trovek: You could sleep here if you want.

Geleth glanced over at Lukin, assuming him to be asleep, chewing on her lower lip. She shook her head.

Geleth: You can't tell Lukin.

Trovek: Why not?

The answer was a shrug, but Arys didn't need to ask any further. Jelly wanted him to approve of her, and part of that was not being needy and, well, a child. She wanted to pretend to be brave, but there was a good chance that being alone in her new room was scary.

Trovek: Lukin is sleeping like a rock. Can't wake him at all, so he won't notice if you sleep here.

Geleth: Okay...

Arys smiled and helped her climb into bed, positioning her between herself and Lukin, and making sure to tuck in all her plushies as well as the girl who fell asleep only moments later.

Zorkal: response

Trovek: She is. And we clearly need a bigger bed.

She smiled and closed her eyes. Yes, change was difficult, and not all of it was welcome. But that didn't mean that she couldn't get used to having a family.

[End Scene]

Lt. J.G. Trovek Arys
Medical Officer
Starbase 118 Ops