Lt. JG. Sheila Bailey - Karaoke? (TAG: Taybrim/Galven/Kteer/Hael/Blackwell/Any)

Aly Drolet

Jan 29, 2020, 8:59:11 PM1/29/20
to sb11...@googlegroups.com

((OOC: Skipped part of the dialog to work better for Bailey’s point of view))

((Earth - Belfast, Ireland - McLaren Family Pub))

Sheila had arrived late to the party. She had been stuck trying to decide not only what to wear, or how to have her hair, but more importantly if she should use her wheelchair or her bright pink crutches. In the end she had decided to wear a navy blue short sleeve dress with a myriad of flowers all over it. The choice in dress made it more difficult for her to wear her exoskeleton; it pinched more which would cause red rashy patches later. She wore the dress with a pair of pink vintage heels. Similar to her other pair. This was all paired with her hair up in milkmaid braids along with her pink crutches.

Overall Sheila was glad she came late to the party. This meant she wasn’t going to be the center of attention when she walked in. Most everyone were chatting to people already. If she wasn’t the center of attention then she definitely felt out of place.

Stepping into the bar was definitely a step, something she wouldn’t have been able to do in her wheelchair. Once she got further into the bar she noticed German and Sal talking with a few others, one of which she didn’t recognize. However the more familiar faces made her wander over to them.

Sheila was even more glad that most everyone was engaged in conversation. She would be totally mortified if they saw the way she was walking right now. Well not so much walking but heavily limping, bearing her weight on her right side. All this because of her stupid hip injury. Even the fact that she hadn’t walked properly in a good few weeks aided in making her walking a little stiff.

When she got closer to the group of officers she started to be able to hear their conversation. Some sort of talk about drinks. Seemed like Sheila was showing up right in the middle of it. In the end she decided to stand around waiting until a more appropriate non interruptive moment to speak.

Kteer: Interesting...  I think I'll try a glass of it.

Sheila watched what looked to be Sol take another sip of her drink clearly deep in thought.

Kteer: It's vile!  Wow... It certainly was different.  But, somehow it's tempting. Do they Humans drink this a lot??

Galven: If you want something even more atrocious, you could definitely try something non-syntholic and try the real stuff. Solaris, do you have actual alcohol anywhere?

McLaren: There's no synthehol on the premises. ::She paused:: So... take it easy if you don't want to be feeling the effects tomorrow... ::She laughed::

That was why Sheila do not drink. Her balance was already off not to mention if she was using her wheelchair she would definitely end up “driving” drunk. Plus it wasn’t a common custom on Elasyia. One could see how drinking in low gravity would be a problem.

Taybrim: Response

Hael: Ooooo I’d take some! ::he interjected himself:: Hiya folks. ::he smiled and waved.::

Kteer: Atrocious... fascinating.  I shall try to know them better, sir.  It may be very interesting.

Kteer: ::He poured the gorgeous bronze liquid to a glass, then smelled it. :: Whew! What's this smell??

Sol eyed Kteer, wondering if she should stop the young Ensign before he ended up in a drunken stupor. She shrugged, turning her attention back to the others.

Taybrim: Response

Galven: Your family has a wonderful pub. I can definitely tell the love and commitment that’s been put into this. How old is it?

McLaren: Just a little bit over 200 years old, owned by the family the entire time.

Any: Response

The comment made Sheila a tad bit jealous. Her family practically owned nothing after her Uncle turned on them. However, her family did have the best pool in the whole neighborhood. The pool was perfect for hot, lazy summer days. Granted it never got too hot during the summer. One traveling to Elasyia had to be aware of the rainy season; the worst time to travel there.

Galven: That’s quite an achievement. Does the pub serve food as well?

Sol looked at the food that had been placed out, then back to Galven.

McLaren: Yes.

Any: Response

Sheila wasn’t all that hungry she noted as she shifted her weight. Maybe it was because of how uncomfortable she was. Sheila was desperately feeling the need to sit down. Sheila came to the conclusion in her mind that she would sit down once she was engaged in conversation.

Kteer: Whew! What's this smell?? Is there any interesting local food that goes well with this beverage?  I'm starved!

Hael: Oh! ‘fore’s I forgets. Maxie says hiya ::to Sol.:: An’ he’s sorry he couldn’ make it. Had sumthin’ come up.

Sol gestured to the buffet.

McLaren: I understand... Im sure he'd be here if here could... enjoy the food and drink..

Sol gave Rustyy a clap on the shoulder as he passed to join another group of people, turning back to the group she was with.

McLaren: Anyway... foods all fresh here too. Nothing is replicated.

Taybrim/Kteer/Galven/Hael/Any: Response

The reason why was unknown but it seemed easier to say something now as the conversation started easing to a more casual level. So with this new information Sheila limped over to join the group.

Bailey: Your parents must be wonderful cooks then.

McLaren: Oh its definitely better that way... I’ve always found that replicated food tastes stale... not inedible, but not as satisfying either.

Taybrim/Kteer/Galven/Hael/Any: Response

Bailey: ::She had to agree with Sol:: Replicated food is bland. Elaysia got some great exotic fruit. How’s everyone..Any plans for the night?

The transition in Bailey’s sentence was a tad awkward however that didn’t stop the woman from smiling. Sol only seemed to nodded.

McLaren: I’m sure everyone will have a great time... I think we even have some music lined up for later…

At that moment Blackwell was spotted walking over to join them. Bailey waved over to them.

Taybrim/Kteer/Galven/Hael/Blackwell/Any: Response

Bailey: Hey, nice to see you Blackwell.. ::Slight blush:: How is everyone?

Taybrim/Kteer/Galven/Hael/Blackwell/Any: Response

As they talked Sheila took a seat, resting her legs, her crutches leaning on the back of her chair. Boy it felt good to be off her feet, no longer putting weight on her hip.

Bailey: ::Directed more to Sol:: You mentioned music? I happen to be a rather practiced singer myself. Hael’s heard me sing.

She imagined that by saying that she would embarrass the officer.

Taybrim/Kteer/Galven/Hael/Blackwell/Any: Response

Bailey: I’m classically trained in Earth Opera but I can sing classic Elysian songs. The Elysian language sounds a lot like ancient Earth Gaelic, which Ierland hand a variant of.

The language was one of the prettiest xino-languages Bailey had every heard. It was definitely one of the few positive things that made her proud to be Elasyian.

Taybrim/Kteer/Galven/Hael/Blackwell/Any: Response

Bailey: Anyone ever thought about doing karaoke? It could liven up this party.

Taybrim/Kteer/Galven/Hael/Blackwell/Any: Response

TAGS/TBC...

Lieutenant JG Sheila Bailey

Medical Officer

Starbase 118 Ops

M239512BG0

"If you want to harness your power, you need to learn to control your fear." - Sara Lance; Legends Of Tomorrow