pNPC Commander Dal - Common Interest (Tags: Talas/Galven/Taelon/Kaskis)

Jamie LeBlanc

Apr 18, 2021, 12:50:58 AM4/18/21
to SB118

((Bridge, USS Narendra))

Ishreth felt his antennae tense, and his entire body was taught like a bowstring as they discussed the predicament that the Narendra found itself in.

Taelon: The mines they’ve used before aren’t usually top of the line, like I said. They’re vulnerable to subspace pulses if the mines are too close. Confuses their systems. If you use fluidic space to adjust the deflector and send the pulse as you return…

Galven: ::stands up:: That's if they were the ones that placed them there. If the Molorites act on their own accord, then it's quite possible that they're the ones controlling these mines.

Talas: If they’re controlling the mines, why don’t they just finish this?

That was an excellent question.  And one that Ishreth could answer – unlike anything having to do with fluidic space, which he could not answer.

Dal: Because they’re likely holding out some hope that the trial will go their way.  If the High Council decides upon a public execution of a KDF Commander and two Federation Officers either it will happen which will vastly damage the treaty between the Empire and the Federation or the Chancellor will overrule and stop it which damages his credibility and brings the Empire towards the edge of civil war.  So if they can do it the more ‘legitimate’ way they will.

Taelon: The risk is that others will notice. But - ::He waved a hand towards the bridge’s ceiling, and the stars and planet that turned above them.:: We’ve already been noticed. I say we go on the defensive. If we do it right, we could even draw them into their own trap.

He tipped his antennae downwards in agreement.

Dal:  Yes.  To uncover the trap is to uncover the cult.

Galven: Comput—

There was an alarm and Ishreth’s antennae flared upwards, standing at attention.

Talas: Commander, sensors have got something, a small craft has decloaked outsider the mine perimeter.

A small craft?  Small and not immediately hostile.  And considering they were in orbit around an allied empire’s homeworld, talking seemed the most logical and safe course of action.

He opened the commline.

Dal: =/\= This is Commander Ishreth Dal of the Federtaion starship USS Narendra, may I ask who approaches? =/\=

His voice was soft, steady and ever-formal.  That was his high clan upbringing, the years of grooming as a child to be perfectly presentable in every social function to reflect well upon his family coming out.

Unknown Voice: =/\= Nu-qneH, USS Narendra. It appears you’ve strayed into a bit of trouble. =/\=

A female voice, deep and accented.  One antennae twitched as he noticed Taelon’s reaction.

Still, this was a reasonably friendly greeting.  There was no reason to provoke the speaker.

Dal: =/\= We have found a curious mechanical welcoming committee in our orbital path. May I ask who I am speaking with? =/\=

Which was an almost-Vulcan way of putting the predicament they were in.  Still formal, still polite, but not giving away too much information.  Until he knew who this was he did not wish to divulge too much.

Galven: I was too busy making adjustments to the hologram to even notice there was anyone else nearby.

Talas: We had no idea it was there until it was decloaking.

Unknown Voice: ::The woman ignored Dal’s question.:: =/\= Tell me - just how did you get here? =/\=

Dal: =/\= Upon formal summons to the judicial proceedings scheduled for this day. =/\=

Which was, perhaps, kinder than what he was thinking which was ‘we flew here on a standard flight plan.’

Also, incidentally why he had as a child been boxed about the antennae by his Zhavey – because once upon a time he said what was on his mind, and was slowly trained to say something far more diplomatic at all times.

Talas: ?

Galven: If what they're suggesting holds true, then once the mines are deactivated… ::turns to Taelon:: How much do you know about this type of craft?

Taelon’s gaze stopped staring into the middle distance to stare at the screen, then back to Galven, then back to the screen.

Taelon: Um - I, uh, I have - I have some experience with it, um -

He turned towards Taelon, pausing the commline conversation.

Dal: With the mines or with the ship on approach?

Talas:?

Galven: Would it be possible to hyper-magnetize the craft and fly it via remote link away from us?

He blinked as Taelon actually slapped himself, taken aback by the tactic.  But it worked.  His antennae twitched forward again.

Taelon: W-we - we won’t need to. Commander - tell her, um, tell her - ‘With plenty of sacrifice.’ ::He paused for half a second before quickly answering the obvious question.:: I know her. She’s Councilor Dempok’s, um, cousin. That’s a - it’s a codephrase.

Knew her?  His mind cranked back to the last few Klingon missions and the reports.  He knew Taelon had been lost in time and he knew he had been found again in Klingon space.  He wasn’t there for all of it, but he knew enough to trust more than blindly.

Galven/Talas: ?

Looking back at the viewscreen he unpaused the conversation.

Dal: =/\= I would say the circumstances are with plenty of sacrifice. =/\=

He spoke it smoothly, carefully, and only faintly emphasizing the code words.

Unknown Voice: =/\= Life so often requires it, my friend. =/\= There was the briefest pause, then =/\= This is Huntress Kaskis Ril of the IKS NaQjej. My cousin sends his regards - and his aid. I would like come to board. =/\=

Kaskis Ril?  Why did that name sound vaguely familiar.

Perhaps because she was confirming she was an ally.

Dal: =/\= We send our regards as well, and await your arrival. =/\=

He sent the clear notice for boarding as the commline closed, before turning towards the bridge crew.

Galven/Talas: ?

Taelon: Long story. ::He said that quickly, nearly under his breath, before he spoke up again.:: She’s, um, trustworthy. She’s been fighting the cult for nearly 20 years.

Dal: Then her insight should be invaluable.

Galven/Talas: ?

Taelon: I worked for her s-some. It didn’t...um, end well.

Kaskis…  still there was more…  The ‘didn’t end well’ jogged his memory a bit.

Dal: Lieutenant, forgive me if I mix up my history but didn’t she stab you?

Galven/Talas/Taelon: ?

His antennae lifted slightly and then he nodded slightly.

Dal: Well, I admit Klingons are not the only species with a deep cultural symbology to fighting with bladed weapons.

Andorians were similar in some ways to Klingons and very different in others.  Though if someone had to knife-fight to win the respect of a Klingon ally, then Commodore Taybrim had, in fact, left the correct person in charge.

Not that Ishreth Dal wanted to enact a knife duel.  Not at all.

Just one of those back pocket skills he had that he never talked about.

Galven/Talas/Taelon: ?

The transporter beam brought Kaskis Ril directly to the bridge.  She was a strong Klingon female, with sharp, intelligent features and a confident carriage.  Ishreth turned, with an equally strong, confident posture despite his slender physique.

Dal: Huntress Kaskis Ril?  ::he queried politely, already assuming who he was speaking with by her presence.:: Welcome to the USS Narendra.  I am Commander Ishreth Dal.  Lieutenant Taelon, Ensigns Galven and Talas.  ::he gestured to each in turn.::

Kaskis: ?

Galven/Talas/Taelon: ?

Dal: I understand you have a keen interest in seeing the Cult of Molor defeated, and in this we are aligned.

Kaskis: ?

Galven/Talas/Taelon: ?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~

pNPC Commander Ishreth Dal
Marine Liaison Officer
StarBase 118 Ops

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck

E239010ST0