Lt. JG Sera - Holo-tastic!

Hope Forster

Nov 25, 2022, 5:59:54 PM11/25/22
to sb11...@googlegroups.com

((Holodeck, USS Narendra))

It was to be expected that questions would arise – as planetary and cultural mores were different from race to race.  Vargas seemed slightly surprised to be peppered with such random questions, but really, she should understand about insatiable curiosity at this point in the process.

Vargas: Not really. I explained before - it’s a program made for a child, so I figured it would be a nice starting area. Like the… lobby of those more violent holoprograms.

Sera: Although combat simulations are necessary to assess readiness and identify areas which need to be improved upon, I am not certain that will showcase our engineering skills in a discernable manner.

Velix: I’d like to see more people. ::Neeya repeated::

Vargas: ::nodding:: I can just do an overlay and auto-populate the program. From there, we can play through the first chapter if you want.

Sera:  That would be acceptable.

Renot: response

Vargas nodded and walked back over to the control panel and entered in additional design parameters for the program.  Sera wasn’t certain what the point of all of this would be, but it was logical to get to know her fellow engineering officers – at least that was what she was telling herself presently.

Vargas: =/= Computer, restart program and initiate the recent adjustment. =/=

The playground vanished for a brief moment, causing Neeya to land painfully on her behind. A second later, the playground reappeared, this time featuring… people.

There was just one problem…

The Cardassians that materialized into the playground were not children…nor did they appear friendly.

Sera:  ::looking over to Vargas::  These do not appear to be Cardassian children, however I must supply that I have never seen a Cardassian child…

One of the Cardassians leveled the distinctive brass and bronze dual-handled phaser rifle at the her and Sera’s brows rose.

Cardassian Officer #1:  Silence, you mother to a Gutfish!'

Sera: ::Obviously something was not translating appropriately::  What?... ::to Vargas::  I believe this program still has numerous glitches to work though.

Neeya/Renot/Vargas:  Response

Sera raised a brow at Vargas’ comment regarding the lack of responsiveness from the control panel and turned to walk over to where she was standing.  She was not expecting the Cardassian simulacrum to level the business end of the phaser rifle into her face.

Cardassian Officer #1:  I’ve never seen one of your kind before…I hear you bleed the color of fresh vudral juice.

Sera: As I have never seen vudral juice, I cannot offer a satisfactory response to your declarative statement.

Cardassian Officer #1:  You are all under arrest.  Offering aid to the resistance is a crime punishable by death or imprisonment in one of our lovely labor camps.  ::to another officer::  You know I can’t decide which punishment is worse…

The other Cardassians moved in closer around the engineers, motioning with their phaser rifles to get to their knees.

Neeya/Renot/Vargas:  Response

Sera:  This is a Cardassian children’s story?  Fascinating.

Cardassians/Neeya/Renot/Vargas:  Response

TAG/TBC

Lieutenant JG Sera

Engineering Officer

Starbase 118 Ops