LT Aine Sherlock - Time Up

1 view

Aine Sherlock

May 28, 2023, 1:08:46 PM5/28/23
to sb11...@googlegroups.com
((Somewhere deep in Miranda VII))

Sherlock: Willow, check on Sh'shelor. Make sure she's ok. ::tapping her combadge:: =/\= Sherlock to DeVeau.=/\=

DeVeau: =/\= DeVeau here. =/\=

Sherlock: =/\= Commander, I have good news and bad news. The bad, Terra Prime released a neurotoxin that seems to be affecting non-Terrans. =/\=

DeVeau: =/\= We know.  Someone brought some aboard here.  What’s the *good* news? =/\=

Sherlock: =/\= The good news, we have the person who developed it. =/\=

DeVeau: =/\= Transport her back to the ship.  We have two minutes until we’re hit with a shockwave from an explosion, and we need to get out of dodge.   DeVeau out.=/\=

Paxton: …well that sounds rather ominous, doesn’t it?

Aine side eyed the woman, clearly not one who really lived a daily life of danger as it just sounded like another day in Starfleet.

Sherlock: You all heard the Commander, let's get ready to go.

Willow: I’m no doctor but I have basic first aid. Can you tell me how many fingers I’m holding up? ::She holds up three, her thumb and first two fingers::.

Sherlock: Beyond whatever's happening in her mind, I'm pretty sure she's concussed. She'd might not be seeing clearly oOand definitely not thinking so.Oo.

Willow: Umm…Okay…Wiggle your antennae for me.

Sherlock: That might also be a little hard for her. ::turning back to Paxton and shaking her head:: Why?

Paxton: ::her attention begrudgingly going back to the human security officer::  Why does a bird sing?  Why does cat kill when it’s not hungry?  ::shrugging slightly:: It’s just my nature.

Aine rolled her eyes. Killing and harming wasn't exactly in her nature, but she was good at it. But it didn't mean just because she was good at it she went around doing it. She had the ability to restrain herself when it was reasonable, as example the fact that the woman was still alive now. At no time in her past had she ever felt the urge to, the impulse, to hurt or kill someone. This time, she did. But she chose not to.

Willow: I say you might have a concussion but then again. You should see a doctor the moment we get back.

Sherlock: ::back to Willow:: There's the superficial injuries too, a little blood loss.

Paxton:  It’s not like I killed her.  It’ll grow back.

And now, Aine fought the urge to grin. The woman wasn't wrong, they would grow back.

Willow: Can you walk, we have to get going, now. ::nodding to the Andorian satisfied she can at least make it back, she turns towards Sherlock, talking about the enemy woman:: Shall I knock her out? If she is going to come with us…

Sh’shelor: Shut up and help me.

Dara:  Do you really have the time or the energy to attempt that?

Willow: Response

Sherlock: No, I've got her. Everyone, prepare for transport. =/\=Sherlock to Rahuba, four to transport.=/\=

The blue/white shimmer of the transporter filled Aine's vision as the view of the inside of Miranda VII faded and was quickly replaced by the view of man standing at the transporter station of the Rahuba. They were safe, for now. So long as that shockwave DeVeau mention hit them.

WIllow: ?

Dara put her hands up in a gesture of surrender.

Paxton:  I will tell you what you desire; but I want something in return.

Willow: ?

Sherlock: You're not really in a position to make demands, y'know. But go ahead, state your request.

Paxton:  I want the brain scans.  I’ll settle for one if Starfleet is as squeamish as I imagine…I just need to see…::emphatic:: I need to know!

Aine shook her head again. The woman was obsessed.

Willow:?

Sherlock: Why?

Paxton: Those that have been exposed won’t get ‘better,”…or at least much.  Results have been variable.  ::waving her hand in a dismissive manner::  It’s an irreversible antagonist – well…almost.  It’s never ideal to generate something absolute.  It backs you into a corner.

Willow:?

Paxton:  It got me here.  The galaxy is now full of possibilities.

Willow:?

Aine let out a long breath. They had her. But it was as if the woman didn't realize it. She still had hope for her cause. And there wasn't much sense in destroying that hope when they could use it to their advantage.

Sherlock: Very well. I'll make sure you get what you need. But for now, you're coming with me. Willow, take Sh'shelor to Sickbay, get her fixed up and sedated if need be. And tell the docs to send me the scans.

Aine tilted her head to the side, gesturing for Paxton to move towards the door. She had a nice cozy cell for the woman, and all the time in the world to read what the doctors had to say.

tags/End Scene for Sherlock

Lieutenant Aine Sherlock
Chief of Security & Tactical
StarBase 118 Ops