Lt. Cmdr. Alora DeVeau - "Will The Real Henry Maxwell Please Stand Up"

Amanda Nordstrom

Aug 3, 2022, 10:50:38 PMAug 3
to StarBase 118 Ops – UFOP: StarBase 118

((Medical Lab 1, Sickbay, USS Narendra))

Alora took a deep breath as she stepped out of CMO’s office, Arys making a beeline toward where the injured patient had been taken and coming across Isreth as she did so.  Alora passed by them with a polite nod.  Her head still swam a bit, but she was a lot better than she had been earlier.  Arys had been tended to, enough to stave off infection and keep her working until they could get back to Ops.  Now, there was another matter to contend with.

Henry Maxwell.

Alora knew who the man was, but she wasn’t sure if *this* was the real Henry.  Too much had happened to keep her from taking precautions.  She hoped it was the real him and not some crazy terrorist who had put on his face.  She didn’t want to have to have that sort of conversation with the family.  Taking another deep breath, Alora switched retrieved fresh medical supplies, then made her way into the medical lab Ishreth had indicated.

Blackwell: You might say that.

Maxwell: Am I clear?

DeVeau: Lieutenant.

It was said mainly to announce her arrival, though she was pretty sure the doors, while not painfully so, were still loud enough to hear.  Alora moved forward cautiously, watching the so called Henry Maxwell closely.

Maxwell: Commander. I trust you're feeling better after your wee jab, aye?

He made a motion to her neck which didn’t really endear him considering that certain people would want it slit because she was an ‘alien lover’, not to mention an officer in Starfleet.  And when he talked he *sounded* like Henry.  She bet Kent had sounded like Lowell too.  She didn’t delves into niceties but cut right to the chase.

DeVeau: Scans are necessary, Mister Maxwell.  We’ve had someone else say they were one person and were actually another and we need to make sure.

Blackwell: ?

Maxwell: Perfectly understandable. Got tae be sure who you're letting loose aboard ship.

Well, that was one point in his favour.  Alora’s eyes levelled at him and then she turned to Blackwell.

DeVeau: Have you finished the scan?

Blackwell/Maxwell: ?

Immediately, Alora relaxed.  It was Henry.  It *was* Henry.  That was both good and bad.  Good because she didn’t have to worry about him trying something while treating him.  Bad because now she had to deal with other matters as well.  First thing was first, though.  Moving to the supplies for gamma radiation, Alora loaded a hypospray then injected the man with the concoction she’d been given not that long prior.

DeVeau: This will help with the radiation exposure.

Blackwell/Maxwell: ?

Alora set out the kit and studied what she could see of his shoulder.  Fortunately, it wasn’t as bad as it could but, but he’d likely need more treatment at Ops.

DeVeau: can you roll up your sleeve far enough to be free of the injury.  If not, I’ll need you to remove your shirt.

Blackwell/Maxwell: ?

Another hypospray was produced from the supplies Alora had brought, another dose of pain medication for yet another injury.  Alora injected it first and sighed.

DeVeau: First we need to deal with your phaser wound.  After that, we need to discuss what happened on the Belladonna.  Lieutenant, I’m assuming you have standard first aid training and can assist.

Blackwell/Maxwell: ?

--
Lt. Cmdr. Alora DeVeau
First Officer