Commodore Taybrim + Family - Unwritten

Jamie LeBlanc

Oct 18, 2021, 11:12:15 PM10/18/21
to SB118

((Betazed - Lumie Family Home))

Suspicions.

They were not especially flattering.  Nor were they something people frequently talked about – at least not people with principles.  But sometimes they had to be discussed.

DeVeau: ~Just a moment, please.~

She rose and left with purpose, leaving the ginger family to think amongst themselves.

Brenna: ~Oh Sal, what have you gotten us into?~

Sal: ::His dark eyes sparkled.:: ~What?  You love a good mystery.  I aim to please.~

He was humorous about it, and she was chagrined.  For years she opposed Sal joining Starfleet, convinced he would end up in ruin.  And he came back a flag officer.  He had succeeded beyond anyone’s wildest dreams.  She was still processing the fact that her baby boy had the command over tens of thousands of people and the influence of an entire sector of space.

They hadn’t been able to speak in person for years, and now he was leading her on a wild goose chase.  She was left wondering how his own path had taken him to here.

Alora returned before they could pick at one another too much.

DeVeau: ~This is Enzada’s autopsy.  I’ve looked over it, and I haven’t *seen* anything that indicates foul play, but I just can’t shake this feeling.~

Landin: ~What makes you think that?~

He was ever the scientist, always seeking relevant facts.  Brenna on the other hand offered a hand out to see the report.

Brenna: ~May I?~

DeVeau: ~I could be completely off the rails, but if you look at Enzada’s last physical four months prior, there was *nothing* that would have brought about her death.  She was extremely healthy.~

Brenna took the report, slowly paging through it was Landin mulled the facts over.

Landin: ~There could be something routine scans missed.~

He didn’t indicate whether that was something that could have affected her naturally or foul play.  Landin was never one to jump to conclusions.

Kirin: ~Does the autopsy indicate anything unusual?~

DeVeau:~ From what I’ve seen...there’s nothing to indicate that something  unnatural occurred but...if you’re willing to take some time and delve more deeply into this, I would be most grateful.   The more eyes on it, the better.~

Brenna: ~How thorough do you want this to be?~

She was pointed in her query, in a way that indicated she had resources that she could pull on this.  Not only as a favor to a friend of Sal’s but as a duty to a member of a noble house.  She could make it happen.

The only qualm she would have is making it happen to be completely chasing ghosts.

DeVeau: ~?

Brenna: ~If you will allow me, I would like to take an evening and scour this.  Between myself and most of my children we have the medical background to decipher her medical history.~

Most.  That was a tiny dig at Sal who had failed at his scientific career in such an impressive way that he excelled at what he rebounded into.  She was both disappointed and very, very impressed at that.

DeVeau: ?

Brenna: ~May I ask – is there anything in specific you think we might find?~

She was looking for a pathway.  A direction to go into.  Even if it was totally wrong, it gave her a course.

DeVeau: ?

She mentally chuckled a bit.

Brenna: ~Don’t make promises you can’t keep.  The future is never set until it happens.~

Deveau: ~?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~

Commodore Sal Taybrim
And Family
Commanding officer

StarBase 118 Ops

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck

E239010ST0