Lt. JG. Corey Wethern - An Unpleasant Taste

Corey Wethern

Jun 28, 2024, 2:46:51 PM (7 days ago) Jun 28
to sb11...@googlegroups.com
(Science Labs, Miri IV-A))

The device flashed green. Wethern popped out his tricorder and removed the medical probe from the top.

Wethern: Mr. Tito, I'm just going to do a baseline scan of your physiology so we can analyse any effects. Is that ok?

Tito: Off course Doctor.

Wethern performed a scan.

Wethern: Fit as a fiddle. Madison, shall we synthesise a vial?

Marsh nodded her head in agreement with Wethern.

Marsh: Yes

Wethern: I always loved mixing a cocktail

Tito: I am all yours.

They worked together to prepare it.

Marsh: There we go, please run it through the computer system just to be sure everything in the serum is on point. We can't afford to make any mistakes on the dosage and want to be on point.

Wethern: Checked and double checked. All within acceptable parameters.

Tito took a deep breath but kept smiling.

Tito: I am ready.

Marsh made direct eye contact with Tito and spoke in a serious tone.

Marsh: It's now or never now. Are you sure you want to go through with this Lieutenant?

Tito nodded

Tito: I am. Proceed.

Corey readied the hypo clicking the vial in place.

Wethern: Slight bit of discomfort.

Marsh: ?

Corey applied the hypo to Tito's neck and then reclaimed the tricorder.

Tito: So far so good?

Wethern: Vitals are with baseline function. Everything is in the green.

Marsh: ?

Tito ooked around, shook his head. Looked down to his hands, closing and opening them.

Tito: Just a little heartbeat acceleration. Might be the stress. ::He tipped his head to the side and his smile was gone for a moment.:: I had a history of substance abuse years ago. ::he tapped his forehead with his finger.:: Probably just old ghosts still stuck in here. Aside from that I am good

Corey smiled and nodded. Trying to be reassuring and serious for once.

Wethern: I did note it on your medical record. It did also note your recovery process. Please be assured you are protected by medical confidentiality this will not go any further. Additionally, there is nothing in the serum which is a known addictive substance.

Marsh: ?

Tito nodded and stood up. He waved his arms around and took a few steps, trying to see if there was something wrong with him.

Tito: Scan me as much as you wish. I don’t feel anything different. ::He smiled at them.:: Balance, movement and coordination are all in the same setting.

Wethern: We will continue to see whether there are any I'll effects. ::Corey smiled:: Unfortunately, you haven't turned green or developed an extra head either.

Marsh/Tito: ?

Corey kept scanning passively.

Wethern: If we have done everything right the plants should almost ignore you rather than attacking. It is a little bit like making you taste unappealing to them equally the venom should be nullified.

Marsh/Tito: ?

Corey frowned slightly.

Wethern: I suppose the proof is in the pudding we should probably see whether the plant wants a snack. Although I'd suggest we stay ready with a phaser.

Tito/Marsh?

Tags/tbc

Lt JG Corey Wethern
Medical Officer