Lt. Cmdr. Alora DeVeau - "New Place, Familiar Face"

Amanda

Jun 22, 2020, 12:43:02 PM6/22/20
to StarBase 118 Ops – UFOP: StarBase 118

(( Personal Quarters, Starbase 118 Ops ))

The first thing Alora did as she stepped through the doors to her new apartment was start.  By the standards she was comparing them to, it was enormous.  Her eyes widened, as did the smile that spread over her entire face.  HUGE!

Quickly, she dumped the bag she had carried herself onto the standard couch and did a door.  All those rooms, just for her?  Granted, only one bedroom because she didn’t have a family, but still!  So much room! Her plants...they wouldn’t be so crowded!  Alora gasped at the thought - she could get /more/!  Squealing, she stepped a lively tour through each area, her eyes gleaming, her mind whirling with where to put everything.  Maybe she should start unpacking! Except, she had gotten so excited that she suddenly realised her things weren’t there yet.  DeVeau: Well that’s going to make unpacking difficult.  They would get there eventually.  Most of what she owned was actually coming from other places, not from Earth, and thus it wasn’t surprising they didn’t necessarily arrive at the same time she did.  At least she had clothes and uniforms to tide her over.  That made things a little easier.  As much as she was eager to settle in, Alora was just as eager to explore.  Unpacking was done in five minutes, which left her free to do just that.

((Lobby & Reception - Main Science Offices, Deck 506, Starbase 118 Ops))

Galven: I’m not so sure, but I hope that my request will go through. Anyways, I appreciate you for coming for the after mission evaluation, Mr. Taelon.

Taelon: ?

German used his cane to help him push up from the chair as he grasped hold of the handle. They had just gotten back and adjusted themselves nicely after a couple of days to relax. However, German had no idea what relaxing meant as he was already walking around, moreso because he wanted to get back to the swing of things regarding movement.

Taelon: ?

Galven: ::chuckles:: Well, with Dr. Bailey’s orders, she said to take it easier than usual. In the time that you’ve known me, has there ever been a time when I’ve taken it easy?

Taelon: ?

One of the problems with exploration was /where should she start?/  So many places, so little time.  However, the question didn’t remain unanswered for long - a particular area of the Starbase had called to her - and Alora answered it. Stepping inside, Alora paused just beyond the threshold to check out her surroundings.  Almost immediately, she was approached by a familiar face.

Galven: DeVeau? Commander Alora DeVeau?

DeVeau: That’s me!

Galven: ::smiles and extends his hand for her to shake:: It’s so nice to see you again! How have you been?

Alora’s eyes twinkled with the brightness of her smile and she accepted the hand, shaking it firmly.  DeVeau: It’s wonderful to see you again - it’s been a while!  I’m well thank you, newly assigned to the Starbase.

Galven: ::arches a brow and grins:: Really now? Welcome aboard then! Allow me to show you around if you’d like? ::turns slightly:: Here’s one of our other science officers. Ensign Taelon.

DeVeau: I would adore a tour, thank you.  Her verdant eyes turned to Taelon, then rose, for the man towered above her.  Alora’s brilliant expression remained, and this time, she was the one to offer her hand.

DeVeau: Lovely to meet you, Ensign Taelon.

Taelon: Response ?

DeVeau: I look forward to getting to know you and the rest of my fellow officers better.

Taelon: Response?

DeVeau: So how have things been?  Is there anything I should know, catch me up to speed on recent happenings?

Galven/Taelon: Responses?

****

Lt. Cmdr. Alora DeVeau

Science Officer