Commodore Taybrim - Introductions on the Bridge

瀏覽次數:2 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Jamie LeBlanc

未讀,
2022年11月27日 下午6:18:202022/11/27
收件者:SB118

((Bridge – USS Narendra))
(Time Skip – After Ensign Jackie Mason and Commodore Taybrim arrive onboard)

The Narendra was all at once contemporary and classic.  An older design from an era of strife, she still had all the bones of a warship, covered by some of the amenities of the times of peace that followed.  It still had that silver contrasted by highlights of warm colors interior that older ships were known for.  Not the sterile cool-toned interiors of the newer ships.  But the ship was also clearly upgraded.  The computer systems were as up to date as the most recent Odyssey Class cruiser that was launched from StarBase 1 Spacedock orbiting Earth, and everything else was upgraded and smoothly running.

Age, sometimes, really just was a number.  The Narendra wore its age with grace and strength.

The way here was pleasant and Sal was very happy to get to know Ensign Mason better.  Now it was time he handed the new ensign off to his Executive Officer so that he could reprt in for duty and all the official acceptances could be processed.

Sal admitted he missed doing some of that routine work.  It made him feel connected to the crew in a way that the constant barrage of political and diplomatic work after every mission to make sure all the official I’s were dotted and T’s were crossed was less satisfying that working one on one with new officers.

Which was exactly why he decided to meet Ensign Mason before introducing him to – and handing him off to – Commander DeVeau.  To make sure he never lost that chance for connection.  That he never became the commanding officer who locked himself in an office making life or death decisions to nameless rank and serial number officers.

He had made a commitment to be on the front line with those serving.  And he had tried staying back once – to disastrous effect.  He was still dealing with the cleanup of that decision.

So he would rather be overfriendly and overconnected than under connected.

Taybrim: Here is our last stop.  ::he offered a gentle, somewhat wistful smile towards Jackie.:: For now.  I will surely see you at some point during shore leave.

Because he did like hosting crew parties.  Some crew adored these, some felt it was enforced socialization.  But Sal tried to make all crew parties as comfortable and enjoyable for the crew as possible.

Because Sal didn’t love parties.  He loved it when people felt good.

Mason: ?

The bridge doors slid open to reveal the Narendra’s bridge and the spectacular view of Bajor on the viewscreen beyond.  Sitting in the central chair was a dark haired youthful woman wearing Lt Commander pips.

Taybrim: Commander DeVeau, looks like everything is in order?

Which had a little bit of humor in it.  Bridge duty when the ship was in geosynchronous orbit was pretty boring.

DeVeau: ?

Mason: ?

Taybrim: Ah, yes.  I’m here to bring our newest counselor to you and then relieve you of bridge duties so you can work with him.

He smiled.  Clearly he felt that Alora’s work was far more interesting and important than babysitting a bridge.

But on the bright side, bridge duty kept him away from his ready room and the nagging messages from fussy Bajoran politicians that he was putting off.  He would dive into ship status reports and Starfleet reports for a few hours, gladly.

DeVeau: ?

Mason: ?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~
OOC – feel free to drop Sal from tags here and move forward with the two of you
~*~

Commodore Sal Taybrim
Commanding officer

StarBase 118 OPs

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck

E239010ST0
回覆所有人
回覆作者