Lt. Trovek Arys - Thanks for the advise. Now to action it...

Arys Trovek

Nov 27, 2022, 2:33:28 PM11/27/22
to Starbase118
((CMO’s Office, Sickbay, USS Narendra))
Trovek: I am going to admit I didn’t encounter that kind of situation before - do I have to inform DeVeau or did I just send her a report once I’ve handled it? People would usually send me that report and I forward a recommendation for correctional measures.
McLaren: I'd report it now and inform her that youre taking steps to address it. Tell her what steps youre taking and so on.
Sherlock: Agreed. There's no sense in actually involving the Command staff at this time. Observe and report.
That was fair enough, and pretty much what Arys had hoped for. Those were her doctors and nurses, and if one of them was in trouble of any kind, they should count on her to solve it.
Trovek: Okay, perfect.
McLaren: Then when everything is resolved update her on the situation and let her know it was resolved, and then you and her can work out appropriate punishments for whomever is caught.
Sherlock: ::nodding in agreement, then turning to Arys:: You won't have to decide the punishment either. That'll be on them. You can recommend one if you feel the need, but it's not required.
To Arys, this wasn’t about punishment. This was about making sure that someone in need of help was getting the help they deserved. Thanks to the replicator system, it wasn’t that the medication was taken away from someone else. The harm the thief did, was mostly to themselves.
Trovek: I am a little… hesitant to communicate having such an issue, but I see your point.
McLaren shrugged.
McLaren: I dont know... but Alora is a good XO so Im sure she'll be fair about it. Im sure you both can come up with a proper resolution once its discovered whats happening.
Trovek: So I make a recommendation. That’s…. ::she shrugged::
Sherlock: Don't doubt yourself in that. Just make a fair suggestion.
Trovek: :nodding:: Thanks for the advise.
Aine tapped a few more notes into her PADD, documenting their plan.
Sherlock: If you'd prefer, I can write the entire report and recommendations, and you can just hand it over to Commander DeVeau?
Trovek: ::shaking her head:: No, I’m department head, it’s my job. But thanks.
McLaren: response
Sherlock: The team ::gesturing to the two of them then herself:: can take responsibility.
McLaren: response
Aine gave them a sharp nod.
Sherlock: You got time to decide. No worries.
Trovek: Thank you again. I will connect with our Engineers and get this set up. ::to McLaren:: Not the best circumstances to meet, but it could have been worse. Let’s get your onboarding exam out of the way, shall we?
McLaren: response
Arys mouthed another ‘thanks’ to Aine as the younger woman left. She would speak to Lieutenant Vargas once she’d give McLaren medical clearance, and hopefully the whole matter would be solved before they returned to Ops.
[End Scene]
Lt. Trovek Arys
Chief Medical Officer
Starbase 118 Ops