Captain Taybrim - Because I Like to Pin Things on People (Tags: Any/ALL)

Jamie LeBlanc

Aug 21, 2018, 10:12:27 PM8/21/18
to Sb118 Ops
((OOC – This is the big, long awards post. I decided to put everything in one post so it would (hopefully) be easy to reference. For our newer players – I know awards posts can be difficult to follow so please feel free to just react to your bit, and cut the rest out just writing a general description of how your character views the awards ceremony.))

((Ithradi Lounge – StarBase 118))

::The welcomed were welcomed – and everyone was most welcome to be here. Sal was particularly pleased to see such a large gathered of friends, both new faces and old.

And now it was time for his favorite part of the evening – gently embarrassing people by telling them what a great job they had done.::

Taybrim: Now, before I sit down and let the band start back up and the drinks start flowing again I wanted to let everyone know that we’ll be headed out on Monday – two days from now – at 1000 hours to rendezvous with the IKS S’Tarahk and Councillor Dempok. For those of you who are new to this staff, Dempok is a well known Klingon ally of our crew, and an important voice on the Klingon high council.

Any: ?

Taybrim: Actually the invitation is to join him and some of his senior staff on Tumar II for a rousing ceremonial targ hunt. As this is a high honor, I expect everyone to brush up on your Klingon etiquette.

Any: ?

Taybrim: I expect there is a greater reason for going than simply hunting targ, but for know we will prepare for the journey at face value. I will brief everyone in more detail once we are onboard the USS Narendra.

Any: ?

::Sal took in a deep breath and let the room settle. Dempok was a highly intelligent man. Intelligent, honorable and focused. Sal was sure there was a favor to be asked, likely in person, and almost certainly important if it needed to be delivered in the privacy of the massive wilderness of Tumar II::

Taybrim: As I said, I will answer all question I can on the Narendra, but for now, please do get into a Klingon frame of mind. But… before that and before I let the bar open again ::He winked:: I would like to give some accolades to everyone who helped retrieve the USS Narendra. This was a mission accomplished with a minimum of bloodshed despite very dangerous circumstances. And because lives were spared the Romulans are open to diplomatic discourse as to what happens to the captured terrorists. Starfleet, and by extension the Federation was very impressed by your work in the Boneyard. And I am more impressed because I know all the hard work that went into making our mission a success. So, to that end I am recognizing all teams that worked to recover the USS Narendra: Elspeth, Aitas, Ishani Kasun, Samuel Braddock, Arturo Maxwell, Vitor Silveira, Bran Maro, Attikus Rundstrom, Trel’lis, Angelo Valentino and Solaris McLaren with the Peacekeeper’s Service ribbon.

Any: ?

Taybrim: I know it feels like you were just doing your jobs, but your choices prevented war with the Romulans or war against the Ocala. Your choices to operate with stealth and restraint meant that the Romulans were open to listening to us and have agreed to suppress the Ocala in their empire. I am extremely proud of all of you.

Any: ?

Taybrim: Next, I would like to recognize Arturo Maxwell, Solaris McLaren, Vitor Silveira, and Commander Elspeth for their quick thinking in deploying a knock-out gas across the ship that helped protect the lives of the other teams as well as the hostages. I know you had many plans and had to keep revising on the fly, which I find even more impressive. For this I am so happy to award you all with the Innovation Ribbon.

Maxwell/McLaren/Silveira/Elspeth: ?

::Sal took a deep breath in and let his eyes scan the assembled again.::

Taybrim: Next I would like to call up Lt Commander Aias and Kasun and Ensigns O’Conner and Maro. All three of you were put into a difficult situation negotiating with the leader of the Ocala. And you made some hard decisions that ultimately allowed us to capture him without hurting him. For your actions I am proud to award you all the Diplomacy Ribbon.

Kasun/Aitas/O’Conner/Maro: ?

Taybrim: And I would like Lt. Commander Trel’lis, Rundstrom, Lieutenant Valentino and Ensign Braddock to join me. You all did a phenomenal job subduing hostile Romulan forces and rescuing the hostages in the brig without turning the area into a dangerous firefight. You showed bravery, skill and restraint. I am so inspired to have you all as part of my crew, and for your deeds I am awarding you with the Good Conduct Ribbon. I am so proud of all of you.

Trel’lis/Runsdtrom/Valentino/Braddock: ?

::Sal drew in a long deep breath.::

Taybrim: Next I have a few quick announcements. Lt Commander Rundstrom has informed me that he will be stepping back from the role as acting chief of Science, but will be staying on the Starbase as a specialty scientist. Attikus, I know your heart is in research and I will be sad to lose your leadership, but I know you will do a fantastic job.

Rundstrom/Any: ?

Taybrim: But as change happens, I would like Lieutenant Nijil to please join me.

Nijil: ?

Taybrim: Lieutenant, I know your background in field medicine makes you an incredibly valuable asset to this station and you have proved yourself as a fine leader over and over again on the field and off. To this end I hereby promote you to the rank of Lieutenant Commander and the role of Chief Medical Officer of StarBase 118, effective immediately. ::Sal smiled gently:: You have my full confidence.

::Nijil was a strange man with a big personality. A personality that was in many ways opposite to their last CMO – and yet both held the similarity of having strong personalities. Sal had confidence in the man’s refreshing honesty, and he also had confidence that O’Conner’s more social personality would temper Nijil’s more acerbic one::

Nijil: ?

::Sal took the rosewood box with the new pip and offered it out to Nijil.::

Any: ?

Taybrim: And this normally would have been given by Commander Rundstrom, but considering the switch in positions I will be announcing it. ::he let his eyes settle on Arturo and his lady Erin.:: By recommendation of Commander Runstrdom, Erin Dolan, you are hereby promoted to full lieutenant.

Dolan: ?

Taybrim: Mr. Maxwell, perhaps you will do the honors. ::He offered Max the rosewood box with the full pip inside.::

Maxwell/Dolan: ?

::Sal took in a deep breath.::

Taybrim: Now… I will no longer keep you from drink and music. But let me take a second to say one last thank you to all of you for being a fantastic crew. I look forward to targ hunting with all of you!

Any: ?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~
OOC – Commander Rundstrom has requested to switch characters to Commander Nijil – more information will come from Noelle about the new character :)
~*~

Captain Sal Taybrim
Commanding Officer
StarBase 118 Ops

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck
E239010ST0