Lt.JG Taelon - Old Flames (Tag Bridge)

armiece

Apr 16, 2021, 5:01:28 AM4/16/21
to StarBase 118 Ops a Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Bridge, USS Narendra))

Taelon: The mines they’ve used before aren’t usually top of the line, like I said. They’re vulnerable to subspace pulses if the mines are too close. Confuses their systems. If you use fluidic space to adjust the deflector and send the pulse as you return…

Galven: ::stands up:: That's if they were the ones that placed them there. If the Molorites act on their own accord, then it's quite possible that they're the ones controlling these mines.

Talas: If they’re controlling the mines, why don’t they just finish this?

Dal: ?

Taelon: The risk is that others will notice. But - ::He waved a hand towards the bridge’s ceiling, and the stars and planet that turned above them.:: We’ve already been noticed. I say we go on the defensive. If we do it right, we could even draw them into their own trap.

Dal:  ?

Galven: Comput—

Talas’ console beeped, a place on his screen that was quiet and empty  was filled up a Klingon emblem and information about a decloaking vessel.

Talas: Commander, sensors have got something,  a small craft has decloaked outsider the mine perimeter.

 The chirp of an incoming hail filled the bridge. They were silent as Dal answered.

Dal: ?

Unknown Voice: =/\= Nu-qneH, USS Narendra. It appears you’ve strayed into a bit of trouble. =/\=

It was a woman’s voice, her voice deep and accent thick. Even through that, though, her tone was tinging towards wry. Already focussing on the scans, Taelon’s head jerked up at the transmission, his eyes widening in recognition and confusion.

Dal: ?

Galven: I was too busy making adjustments to the hologram to even notice there was anyone else nearby.

Talas: We had no idea it was there until it was decloaking.

Unknown Voice: ::The woman ignored Dal’s question.:: =/\= Tell me - just how did you get here? =/\=

At that, Taelon stood up abruptly, nearly jumping to his feet. He immediately started pacing, wringing his hands. When looked at, he shrank back against the console, silent.

His mind had been racing before, but now his anger and energy swerved abruptly to some combination of dread and confusion. Here? Now? Was she going to unravel even more of the truth? Was she going to stab him again?

Dal/Talas: ?

Galven: If what they're suggesting holds true, then once the mines are deactivated… ::turns to Taelon:: How much do you know about this type of craft?

Taelon’s gaze stopped staring into the middle distance to stare at the screen, then back to Galven, then back to the screen.

Taelon: Um - I, uh, I have - I have some experience with it, um -

Dal/Talas:?

Galven: Would it be possible to hyper-magnetize the craft and fly it via remote link away from us?

Taelon took in a sharp breath, slapped himself hard, and then spoke.

Taelon: W-we - we won’t need to. Commander - tell her, um, tell her - ‘With plenty of sacrifice.’ ::He paused for half a second before quickly answering the obvious question.:: I know her. She’s Counselor Dempok’s, um, cousin. That’s a - it’s a codephrase.

Dal/Galven/Talas: ?

Unknown Voice: =/\= Life so often requires it, my friend. =/\= There was the briefest pause, then =/\= This is Huntress Kaskis Ril of the IKS NaQjej. My cousin sends his regards - and his aid. I would like come to board. =/\=

Dal/Galven/Talas: ?

Taelon: Long story. ::He said that quickly, nearly under his breath, before he spoke up again.:: She’s, um, trustworthy. She’s been fighting the cult for nearly 20 years.

Dal/Galven/Talas: ?

Taelon looked at the floor, though his energy was still obviously high, clasping his hands with white knuckles.

Taelon: I worked for her s-some. It didn’t...um, end well.

Dal/Galven/Talas: ?

((As Kaskis is a pnpc of mine, I'll post with her as an msnpc after this))

TAG/TBC

Lieutenant JG Taelon
Science Officer
Starbase 118 OPs