Ensign Egil Renot- Breathtaking Unity

Richard Townsend

Sep 12, 2022, 6:10:28 AM9/12/22
to sb11...@googlegroups.com

((Bajor, Raijalla Valley, Unity Temple))

The peculiar and varied bunch walked to the temple. As they neared the Unity Temple, the conversation turned towards Egil. The Al-Leyan hated being put on the spot and doubly hated talking about himself unprepared. He spewed out a random string of words he hoped made sense. He realised that they may not know what a MAGLEV train was, however Tito seemed to know and explained.it to Geleth. Seeing as he had nothing else to add, he smiled and nodded as they continued conversing. Egil was over worrying yet again. He was worried about upsetting Geleth again and truly felt terrible about the last time they met.

Tito: Do you follow any religion, Egil?

Renot: I wouldn’t say I am religious in the proper sense of the word. Not as much as the Bajorans at least. I’d call myself a little spiritual at least. I believe we are all connected in some way. And there’s something a bit hm… magical about the stars.

Egil really never had put too much thought or effort into any kind of beliefs. He considered himself a little spiritual. He thought that every living thing had a soul and they were all somehow connected. They slowly made their way closer to The Temple. The spires towered above them in an impressive display.

Zorkal: See?  That wasn’t so long was it.  I think it’s time you walked a little more - your legs have rested a bit.

Lukin set Geleth down and she looked fascinated by the wall decorations on the temple. Egil was about as equally fascinated as her. The carved walls and iconography weren't all distinctly different and separate. In fact, they swirled together and blended seamlessly. Unity. It represented that well.

Geleth: Lookit…

Tito: It was worth the trip.

Zorkal: Well.  I suppose it is appropriate considering the temple is called the “Unity Temple”.

Tito: I find it remarkable.

Renot: It really is. It's spectacular. I've never seen anything like this.

Most Al-Leyan architecture was plain and practical. It was dull, to the point and sensible. All straight lines, hard edges and smooth, neutral surfaces. Egil wasn't used to seeing such grand architecture and it was awe inspiring.

Tito glanced at Geleth, and stepped closer to her.

Tito: It’s pretty, don't you think?

Geleth/Zorkal: ?

Renot: Have any of you ever been to temples like this before?

Tito: I visited Temples before but not quite like this one.

Well that wasn't the answer he was hoping for. He was hoping to have someone to copy and follow for customs and how to act. However, he heard Alora's voice in his head, reminded of his hesitancy to try pronouncing a Trill dish. She told him he needed to learn to take more risks. And she was right.

Zorkal/ Geleth: ?

Renot: I haven't either. Then again, this one is unique. However, I haven't been to any temples.

Zorkal/Geleth/Tito: ?

Renot: Suppose we'll figure it out?

Zorkal/Geleth/Tito: ?

Egil had suddenly stopped mid step and looked up towards the roof. A small gasp escaped him and he gestured slightly upward. The carvings and iconography stretched up the walls onto the ceiling, just as grand up there.

He realised others may not have eyesight as good as an Al-Leyan… Especially in the darker nooks and crevices.

Renot: You guys can see that up there, right?

Zorkal/Geleth/Tito: ?

Tags/TBC

Ensign Egil Renot
Engineering Officer