MNPC Doctor Ivin Zumagi- Poached. And Not Eggs.

Richard Townsend

Sep 24, 2022, 7:26:35 AM9/24/22
to sb11...@googlegroups.com

((Akoram Memorial Hall, Bajor))

Ivin quietly slipped in amongst a small group of Starfleet personnel, listening to them talk and joke. It looked like they were just about to acknowledge him when Aine got a little overzealous with her food and started choking on a damn marble. Ivin told them it was a bad idea! But oh no! Nonone listens to the crazy old codger of a doctor! Ivin sprang to his feet, dragging Aine up with him. Ivin made quick, effective work of expelling the marble from her airway.

Sherlock: ::taking heavy breaths:: I'm fine, I'm good now. Thank you.

Zumagi: You may have some bruising and discomfort for a bit, but you’ll be fine. Pain persists more than a day, I’d see someone about it.

DeVeau: Thank you for your quick thinking, Doctor.

Ivin moved to sit down once again, pulling his glass closer.

Zumagi: I'm just glad I was here!

Sherlock: Yeah, that tracks.

Sutter: ::holding out his hand to shake the man’s:: I’m Ensign Ray Sutter. Who might you be, Sir?

He must be a human. He reminded himself they saw handshakes as polite. He smiled and shook the man's hand.

Zumagi: Doctor Ivin Zumagi. Well met.

DeVeau: Lovely to meet you Doctor, and thank you again.

Ivin smiled and bowed his head in reply. He really didn't need praise for just doing the right thing.

DeVeau: At least you know you have truly earned whatever prize you received.

Sherlock: ::sarcastically:: I'm so honored. Seriously, who's marbles in food?

Sutter: ?

Zumagi: I told them it was a bad idea. People are hungry and forget little details… Or have too much spring wine. She deserves two prizes for that ordeal.

DeVeau: Well, Doctor Zumagi, now that you’re with us, why don’t you tell us a little more about yourself?

Zumagi: Well, I live with my husband here-ish. He accompanies me on my latest research ventures to study and work with the pacitrods on the Craat's disease mutation.

Sutter: ?

Sherlock: The what's? I'm not a ::pointing to Ray and then Alora:: sciency person.

Ivin looked faintly amused. He wasn't surprised they weren't familiar with much of Bajoran wildlife.

DeVeau: Oh yes, I’m familiar with the creature.  And you’ve been working with the issue of the mutated Craat’s disease?

Sutter: ?

Zumagi: That would be correct, yes. We have a cure. We just need to figure out how to synthesize it to avoid hurting animals.

Sherlock: ::somewhat excitedly:: Doctor, is there any chance we could see one?

Zumagi: I'm sure I can get in contact with your commanding officer's and arrange an expedition before you leave.

Sutter/DeVeau: ?

Sherlock: oOPlease!?! Please!?! Please, Commander!?!Oo I think it could be an interesting experience for the crew.

DeVeau/Sutter: ?

Zumagi: Educational, to say the-- eh?

Ivin gets cut off by someone approaching him and handing him a PADD. He furrowed a brow as he read. Almost instantly, his composure changed. It was evident Ivin had a hot temper and was trying his best to contain it for his company's sake. He grabbed his springwine and downed the glass in one go.

DeVeau/Sutter/Sherlock: ?

Zumagi: Sorry, sorry. Bad news. Very bad news pertaining to our little pachitrods.

DeVeau/Sutter/Sherlock: ?

Ivin seemed genuinely surprised these Starfleet personnel were concerned with a creature they likely have never seen. He spoke bluntly.

Zumagi: Poachers. I just received word that they are getting poached for their horns. I knew this would happen! I knew it.

Ivin tried to lobby for protection for the pachitrods, but officials kept putting it off, deeming it low priority. He bloody told them!

DeVeau/Sutter/Sherlock: ?

Zumagi: ::nods:: This can throw Bajor's already fragile ecosystems off balance. Maybe I will speak with your higher ups. Get some help for this…

DeVeau/Sutter/Sherlock: ?

Tags/TBC

Ensign Egil Renot
Engineering Officer