Lt JG Sera - The Hlai Have Come Home to Roost – Part 5 (Final Installment)

1 view

Hope Forster

Mar 14, 2023, 9:16:08 AM3/14/23
to sb11...@googlegroups.com

((Sera’s Quarters – Commerical District))

Giellun noticed the Vulcan woman studying him again, and he kept his expression carefully neutral.  It gave him the same opportunity, which was most…agreeable.  Wait, what?

By the Elements, she was tall, but it wasn’t unappealing in the slightest.  He barely had to tilt his chin down to look in her eyes, and that was quite refreshing change if he was being honest with himself.  Her indeterminant length dark hair was pulled back, but tendrils of it had come loose, and part of him wanted to reach back and release it all and run his hands through the silken locks.

Her eyes, however, were something else.  They were a light blue, an uncommon color amongst Rihannsu, and their hue reminded him of the sky of ch’Rihan.  Fire burns, and air fans the flame, and she was beautiful.  These were indisputable truths to him.

Giellun:  May I touch you?

Sera:  ::frowning ever so slightly::  We should not…

Giellun:  I did not ask if I should…I asked if I could, S’Ers-a…may I touch you?

Sera shut her eyes, as if it would make what was happening disappear.  She should say no.  She should remind him what Nalaat told them both.  She should tell him to leave.  That encouraging this…whatever this was, was not logical.

“I did not ask if I should…” His words echoed.

Sera:  ::opening her mouth to say no:: …Yes.

oO Traitorous mouth Oo

Giellun pushed away from the wall, standing upright, and looked down at her, almost disbelieving that she agreed.  Tentatively he brought his hands up to the loose hair which framed her face and ran it between his fingers.  It was soft.  Feeling emboldened, he ran his fingers through hair along the sides of her head, gathering it and pulling it loose from its bindings.  It fell in loose waves about her shoulders.

Giellun: ::intently:: …emaehe

Sera raised a brow in question.

Giellun:  The Elements have given you to me…as a gift…as a curse.  I know not.  But who am I to question their will.

Sera:  ::lifting her hands and placing them on his chest, in a half-hearted attempt to push him away::  A rather dramatic interpretation of events, Giellun.  We must abide by what Nalaat said—

Giellun:  Why?  The old man said many things, S’Ers-a, but he is not here.  Just you…and me.

Sera:  ::mentally scrambling::  You are simply…feeling the residual imbalance, Giellun.  We should return to our respective spheres of influence.  This will settle out.

Why did she feel as if she were lying to him?

oO Because you are lying to him.  You are lying to yourself. Oo

Giellun:  And what if I don’t want to?

Part of her was thrilled to hear him say that.  That part was quickly beaten down with a mental lirpa.  No.  Bad.  No.

Sera:  Why would you not want to?  You have been given a second chance in essence.  You can return to your life, your duties.  In time, all of this will seem like a dream.  Of no import.

Sera was confusing him.  She was parroting what the priest Nalaat said to them both earlier, but he just knew she did not believe it.  How did he know that?

Giellun:  Is that what you want?

Sera opened her mouth to answer but found she could not honestly grant him a reply and used the moment to attempt to gain some distance from him. Giellun saw through her tactic and lightly grabbed her arm, pulling her back so she was standing before him.

Giellun:  Don’t pull away from me. ::pausing::  S’Ers-a, is it truly such an irrational thing to want to learn more about you?  Grant me this.

Sera said nothing, but Giellun felt her acquiesce.  He smiled down at her, satisfied with this small victory.

Sera:  Very well.  What do you wish to know?

Giellun chuckled and smiled warmly at her.  He had won this round.

Giellun:  Oh, that’s simple, Neiirrh…Everything.

Sera:  Everything?  ::brows furrowing::  I am Vulcan, Giellun.  We take things quite literally.  I will have to formulate a strategy to satisfy the requirements of your inquiry. That could take some time…

By Surak she was babbling…

Giellun:  ::smirking::  You Vulcans talk too much.  There are other ways to learn about each other.

He saw the subtle shift of expression and the flash in her eyes at his ‘insult’.  There it was…she had fire in her yet.

And before Sera could issue a reply, Giellun leaned forward and took the words right out of her mouth.

<<End Scene>>

Lieutenant JG Sera

Engineering Officer

SB 118 Ops