Captain Taybrim - Fairytale Theatre 2: Awards (Tags: Poq/Ros/Nijil/Maxwell/Taelon/Ishani/Aitas/Any)

Jamie LeBlanc

Mar 7, 2019, 11:43:48 PM3/7/19
to Sb118 Ops
(OOC – as per usual only PCs will be recognized in this ceremony. If there are any NPCs you feel deserve awards or promotions, let me know – those are handled by department heads. For tonight it’s all about your characters!)

((Forest of Remembrance – StarBase 118 Academy))

::As the applause for the welcomes died down, Sal settled back and took out a selection of boxes – the surefire sign that he was about to give out awards.

And Sal Taybrim loved giving out awards and recognitions. He believed fully that a ship or starbase was not judged on the strength of the commanding officer, but by the strength of the crew. This crew was very strong and deserved recognition for their deeds.::

Taybrim: To start I would like to call up Commander Taleon, Commander Kasun and Ensign Poq. ::he waited for the trio to assemble:: Ishani, Taelon, Reema - ::he looked to each in turn:: Your quick thinking actions prevented hundreds of barrels of silicone platinochloride from getting dumped into the atmosphere of a defenseless Klingon planet. Your quick thinking, research and planned movement through the compound allowed you to get this job done not only without casualties, but also allowed you to rescue an innocent child. For your work in preventing chemical warfare I present all three of you with the Medical Science ribbon.

::She smiled softly at them, a warm, proud expression.::

Taelon/Kasun/Poq: ?

Any: ?

::As the trio started to move back to their seats, Sal called out::

Taybrim: Ensign Poq, please stay for a moment. ::his dark eyes sparkled.::

Poq: ?

Taybrim: Ensign, you have proven yourself to be a quick thinking officer with true leadership potential, both on Tumar III and Zeta Iomis. Your support was invaluable to the team and I have been continually impressed with your level headed approach to making sure fellow crewmembers area safe and each mission in a success. I am happy and very proud to promote you to the rank of Lieutenant junior grade, and the role of assistant chief of medical, effective immediately.

::He grinned, offering her a small rosewood box that contained a second pip.::

Poq: ?

Taybrim: Well, it does mean bigger quarters. ::he winked, with enough humor to dispel any tension in the air before stepped forward to congratulate her:: Very well deserved, Lieutenant. Thank you so much, and congratulations!

Poq: ?

Any: ?

::The applause swelled as Poq headed back to where she had been and Sal smiled widely.

Taking in a deep breath he pulled the next award. Admittedly this was his least favorite award to give out. But it was merited.::

Taybrim: Lieutenant Maxwell, if you would please join me.

Maxwell: ?

Taybrim: You know, this is my least favorite award. ::he said with a gentle humor.:: I thought I warned you once to not start a collection of these. ::underneath the humor there was a deep concern for the well being of his crew.:: Arturo Maxwell – Max – you faced down a terrifying opponent who attacked your away team with a variety of terrible attacks, and you protected your team, while taking that hit upon yourself. I cannot imagine how painful it was to endure fire, and I sincerely hope that no one else ever has to find out. But thank you so much for your gallantry, your willingness to protect your fellow crewmates and your dedication to every mission. For this I award you the purple heart.

::He was sincere, taking Max’s hand and clasping it in a heartfelt thanks you as well as a plea – do not get hurt again. Please::

Maxwell: ?

Taybrim: As I said, I’m cutting the crew off from Purple Hearts if I can. But thank you for giving everything to keep your team safe, Max.

Maxwell: ?

Any: ?

::He looked around and waved up the next crewmember to be recognized.::

Taybrim: Commander Aitas, if you could please join me?

Aitas: ?

Taybrim: While the away teams were busy on the surface, the USS Narendra was engaged with a Klingon Bird of Prey in the skies above. We had to buy time for the away teams to get their tasks done, and the bulk of that time was bought by Commander Aitas’ quick thinking. From confusing the Nausicaan commander to using swearing as a diplomatic distraction, it was the most clever delay tactics that I have ever seen – and they worked. Aitas, for your incredible quick thinking and acting skills, I would like to present you with the Captain’s Commendation.

::He grinned. He was still a little surprised Aitas’ plan worked as well as it did, but it had worked beautifully and she had adjusted perfectly as the tenor of the Nausicaan changed.::

Aitas: ?

Taybrim: I’m not sure if an award for swearing has ever been given out before, but I’m happy to give this one. ::a soft, humoured chuckle::

Aitas: ?

Any: ?

::He took his time looking around before he called up his next officer.::

Taybrim: Ensign Evelyn Rós, if you would please join me?

Rós: ?

Taybrim: Ensign Rós, I know you expressed concern about this mission, but in looking over the reports what I found was an officer who when the chips were down helped protect her fellow crewmembers, put in a timely call for evacuation, and still managed to help her team succeed – and all of this under extreme duress. Your team fought targs, Klingon painsticks, was shot at by disruptors and finally attacked with a flamethrower. This is more than anyone should expect to endure during a first mission, and when tested your actions were admirable. Ensign, for your bravery and ability to act effectively even in the face of danger, I award you with the good conduct ribbon, recognizing your bravery and efforts.

::He was forcefully honest about this, not sugar coating anything, but making sure she knew that he appreciated her decision making under duress, and recognizing that she had gone above and beyond.::

Rós: ?

Taybrim: Thank you for your efforts, your honesty and your focus in this mission.

Rós: ?

Any: ?

::He looked through the crowd and finally picked out the familiar Rekarian figure.::

Taybrim: Commander Nijil, will you please join me?

Nijil: ?

::That got a merry smile on Sal’s face. Nijil’s personality was not what one would call bubbly, and Sal was starting to enjoy the contrast between the dour Rekarian and his own much lighter, more sociable personality.::

Taybrim: Commander Nijil, much of what I said for Ensign Rós also applied to yourself – when the command officer of the team was injured you stepped up and lead your team into a dangerous cult compound where you endured pain, life threatening attacks, and you were still able to get your team out without loss of life. Being a leader under such adversity is no small feat, and for this I am awarding you the Silver Star.

Nijil: ?

::Fortunately this next part wasn’t a total surprise. He had pulled that surprise the night after Keals so it had a few days to percolate in Nijil’s mind.::

Taybrim: Along with this recognition, I am moving Commander Nijil from his post as chief medical officer to the position of executive officer of StarBase 118. ::He smiled, to counteract Nijil’s dour expression:: Congratulations, Commander! I know your leadership will help this base become stronger moving forward.

Nijil: ?

Any: ?

~*~
Tags/tbc
~*~

Captain Sal Taybrim
Commanding Officer
StarBase 118 Ops

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck
E239010ST0