Ensign Ariana Amaase- Changes and awards.

1 view

Tanya Warwick

Oct 18, 2021, 10:19:14 PM10/18/21
to sb11...@googlegroups.com

((Starbase 118 - Commodore’s Briefing Room))

There was a spring in her step as Ariana made her way to the briefing room. Ariana was excited to see her other officers being recognised for their efforts in the last mission. She did feel a little nervous, but her excitement outshone. As she arrived at the briefing room, other officers were trickling in. She smoothed over her uniform as she walked, a last check that she looked smart and presentable.

Her mouth dropped a little upon entering the room, it was a very generous size, the décor was tasteful. She raised her eyebrows, impressed at what she observed. As she came further into the room there was a sweet smell in the air, she turned her head in that direction and could see an array of food, then one of her favourite smells hit her nostrils, making her close her eyes as she savoured the aroma. Coffee was something Ariana enjoyed drinking and the smell to her, was comforting. It was that warm hug on a cold morning. Ariana helped herself to a mug and then took a seat around the table.

Taybrim: I want to thank everyone for joining me so early.  We have quite a few things to go through, but I am glad that we could take the chance to gather.  ::He smiled readily and stood at the front of the table.:: I wanted to start by recognizing the actions taken by this crew to protect innocent civilians, rescue fellow crewmates and to bring a bunch of opportunistic pirates to justice.  To recognize the tremendous dangers and heroic acts taken by everyone who was miniaturized and taken by pirates, Starfleet recognizes Alora DeVeau, Arturo Maxwell, Ishani Kasun, Isaiah Andrews, Drevas Matthel, Prudence Blackwell, Ariana Amaase, Sheila Bailey, Ashley Yael and Tatash with the Prisoner of War ribbon.  ::He paused, personally giving a gaze to each and every person.:: I am never happy to give such awards because they ride on the back of traumatic experiences, but you all were incredibly brave in the face of adversity and I am very proud to say that you persevered and overcame, protecting the civilians you had with you.

 Ariana nodded at her Captain she was a little shocked to have been mentioned. She was just doing her duty, but she was very grateful and it gave her a sense of pride.

Amaase: Thank you Captain. ::she offered a small smile::

Any: ?

Taybrim: Furthermore I want to recognize those who went above and beyond.  Sheila Bailey, for being a voice of calm in the storm and helping keep your civilian companion safe and grounded, I am proud to recognize you with the Unity Ribbon.

Taybrim: Ariana Amaase, you were also a grounding port in the storm for your fellow crewmates, helping aid the injured.  Your background in counselling shines through in everything you do and this is intensely valuable to your crew.  I am proud to recognize you with the Unity Ribbon as well.

It took a second for Ariana to register that the Captain did in fact address her. She looked mildly shocked.

Amaase: Thank you Captain.

Ariana kept it short but she was grateful for the recognition, but also slightly shaking. This for her was a massive achievement.

Many other awards were handed out to the other officers, very well-deserved awards. Ariana was smiling for the most part at each of the officers accomplishments. She listened intently and was truly proud to be sitting amongst such courageous officers.

As the awards concluded, the tone and atmosphere changed in the room. Ariana sensed the change coming directly from the Captain.

Taybrim: And next I have a fairly major update for everyone.  ::he drew in a breath:: I have had a lot of conversations after the last mission, some with you, some with Admiral Hauke, many with the up and coming leadership of StarBase 118.  It is clear that with our last mission to Qo’noS my role in sector politics and leadership has changed.  This is only reinforced by my rank of Commodore.  And I can either rail against it and become an ever growing target for easy assassination, or I can accept it and start to make a transition.  And I don’t like to fight against fate.  ::A pause, he let that sink in.:: Make no mistake, I am not leaving any of you, nor will I be leaving StarBase 118.  But, my hand needs to focus on sectorwide issues.  Politics between the Klingon Empire, the Romulans, the Gorn Hegemony, the Independent Sectors and the ever present Orion Syndicate are still heated, and while war was averted, there is still a delicate balance in the Trinity Sector and much of that balance rests upon us.  So, it is now my job as Sector Command to rest that concern on my shoulders.

The Captain then began to inform them of important details for the upcoming mission. Ariana had no reason to contribute to this so she listened intently, taking in the information that she needed.

After they had all been updated and briefed the meeting concluded.

Taybrim: I wish you all the best and I know you will overcome these challenges.

Ariana nodded curtly at the Captain and joined the other officers leaving the briefing room.

Ensign Ariana Amaase
Engineer Officer
SB118-OPS
O239710AA0