Lt. Blackwell - Never too much fun

T M

May 14, 2022, 2:01:42 AM5/14/22
to Starbase118

((Bridge – USS Narendra))

Rue considered it a win when Zel grinned. It told her somewhere, some how, she was doing something right.

Velix: So…?

Luthas ?

DeVeau: Go ahead Rue, whatcha got?

Blackwell: We loop de Loop the Giant, get them to chase us..and when they come in to try and pinch us..we hopefully turn them against each other.

Velix: Oh. Well yeah that actually doesn’t sound like an awful idea, and it works with whatever this ship decides to be.

Zel: I love this plan!  ::He grinned manically.::

Luthas ?

::She grinned at Zel. She was very amused::

Taybrim: You never know what works until you try it.

::And she gestured towards Zel and Sal as if to just punctuate her point::

DeVeau: We could certainly try it.

Blackwell: From there - we then head to our pick up - get our diplomats, as that is part of he goals, right?

Zel: Yep, rescue the diplomats and you get a million points!  Not that I know what the points are or what they do, but could you leave those poor holo-diplomats to die? Think of the holo-children!

Zel could be melodramatically hilarious when he wanted to, and today he was in high spirits.

Luthas ?

Blackwell: If the enemy stays mobile after looping the giant, we use the rest of the obstacles to our advantage - force them into risky maneuvers, and keep them too distracted to target us.

Zel: Or shoot the gas giant!  Explosive flare!

Taybrim: Zel…

Zel: oh, right!  No giving them ideas!  Got it Commodore!

He clammed up, letting the team brainstorm.

Luthas ?

Blackwell: Sometimes, the only thing you can do...literally, is keep moving.

Velix: Aaaand we should do that pretty soon-ish. Just saying.

DeVeau: If we don’t stop, they have a harder time hitting us, that is certain.

Zel: Something-something sitting duck…

His pale eyes sparkled.

Luthas ?

Velix: Can we let the second ship come a tiiiiiny bit closer? My hope is that it locks in the ship it chooses so we at least know what we are dealing with.

DeVeau: We’re going to have to if we want to execute Blackwell’s plan.  All right, Zel, you heard what we’re doing?  Think you can get squeeze us in between them and see if we can get them to shoot at each other instead of us?

Zel: Does a tribble shriek at a Klingon?

She had heard legends of that sound.

Blackwell: This…is going to be great ::She smirked a bit::

Luthas/Blackwell ?

Velix: We just need to be able to speed up really really quickly, I guess.

Zel: ooooh, this thing should be able to jump from .25 impulse to full impulse in less than a second.  I have wanted to stress test that so badly…

Blackwell: Never going to be a better time.

Luthas/?

DeVeau: We’re going to have to do more than that.  Zel, take lead on the piloting.  Rue, is there any way we can find out their comms frequency and listen in if the ships are chatting together?  If so, it might give us an edge.

Blackwell: Handily ::She nodded and started to work while Zel started piloting, and soon she broke into the communications channel as to what was happening…and raised an eyebrow as one of the individuals in the comm channel made a rather interesting joke ….that would have made other people blush…causing her to give Zel an amused look as she continued.

But despite the banter that involved some rather fascinating descriptions of rear ends, they had details. Valuable details - their plan was a pincher move, surrounding them. Which made their plotting advantageous.

Luthas/Velix ?

DeVeau: Be ready for action as soon as we exit the atmosphere.

Zel: And we’re coming out fast.

Blackwell: And are we ready?

Luthas/Velix ?

DeVeau: All right, let’s see what she’s got!

Luthas/Velix ?

Blackwell: Let’s see what she can do, Zel

Zel: How tight you want this loop?

She didn’t answer, as this was a call Alora should make - one a commander would need to make in a real situation, and so she prepared to back up whatever course they made.

Blackwell: On your mark.

Luthas/Velix/DeVeau ?

Zel: Here comes Big Daddy…

Luthas/Velix/DeVeau/Zel/Sal: ?

Blackwell: Now it’s about to get really fun

They were rocked and shaken, but not stirred. They were able to stay on course despite the blasts around them, though Rue admitted, she had the urge to make a “ WOOOO” sound as they looped the enemy and the gas giant.

Luthas/Velix/DeVeau/Zel/Sal: ?

Blackwell: No such thing as too much fun! ::She said with amusement::

Luthas/Velix/DeVeau/Zel/Sal: ?

Blackwell: If you can’t laugh when this is fun, when can you? ::She grinned and made a shot towards one of the enemy ships, hitting a section that was certain to contain very vital components needed to stay on course::

Luthas/Velix/DeVeau/Zel/Sal: ?

Blackwell: So what is our next move - Save the diplomats day?

Luthas/Velix/DeVeau/Zel/Sal: ?

--

Lt. Prudence Blackwell

Comms/Ops