pNPC Lt JG Zel Rohan -Risk and Reward (tags: Blackwell/McLaren)

Jamie LeBlanc

Apr 17, 2021, 1:00:07 AM4/17/21
to SB118

(( Serenity - Main Bridge ))

Always choices and always considerations.  Zel always liked to pick the option that gave them the least chance of dying – though of the three of these secured routes into the Klingon high Council chambers all of them sounded like death might be imminent.

Then again breaking into the Klingon High Council chambers had to be some sort of feather in his drifter cap.  This was, perhaps, the biggest heist he had ever been on – and he had been on a lot of heists.

Zel: Well, the considerations for the conveyor belt is: its fully scanned and in the open.  But a straight safe route if you’re not vaporized for being illegal cargo.  The considerations for the ventilation system are: It’s six meters above the ground (20 feet) and secured by several spaced security fields.  The considerations for the waste disposal system are it’s difficult to navigate – and in difficult read mostly vertical with a lot of falling, and one wrong move and you’ll end up in an incinerator.

He looked between Rue and Sol.

Zel: Any preference to which one we go for?

McLaren: So the choices are 'vaporization', 'broken neck' or 'incineration'? Very Klingon choices, if I do say so myself...

Blackwell: I am thinking of the option that does not include the chance for incineration or the vaporizing.

McLaren: I think I like the vents the best too. If only because its the least dangerous option...

Zel: We also have to hope those vents are out of the way, otherwise scaling a wall in the middle of an indoor loading dock is gonna attract a lot of attention and probably a bunch of disruptors and bat’leths aimed at us.

Blackwell: I’m boring like that ::she said with some light humor:: I’m thinking we can simply plug into the sensors in the shaft - and with some rope, and a bit of luck, get to the right place. Can you map it out? ::She glanced to Zel, and then looked to McLaren for confirmation::

Zel: I mean yeah, once we get there.  But funny enough the Klingons don’t want their super well-guarded governmental chambers layout broadcast to ever pirate this side of Antares.

He shrugged, having automatically figured that every place that was desirable to sneak into would also be equally difficult.

McLaren: We'll figure that out once we're down on the planet...

Zel: Time to hide a tricorder somewhere where they won’t think to scan for it.

He knew how to do that in a way that didn’t involve the words body cavities.  And a few that did.  He would go for the former this day and hope that the scans were not invasive to get into the loading area.

Blackwell: ?

McLaren: We could always make it seem like someone on their end fouled up getting us the proper access credentials.

Blackwell: ?

Zel: We know the caterer’s name, I say we falsify a delivery order and just go there with the bloodwine.  Remember – they’re heavily scanning anything that enters through the conveyor and we’re only dropping off.  So they’re not gonna look too hard unless our bloodwine scans as anything other than bloodwine.

Blackwell/McLaren: ?

Zel: And our only goal is to get into the loading dock door.  We can drop and disengage by protocol – you were right when they said that they won’t question more bloodwine too heavily, especially when the people in the loading dock aren’t overly concerned with anything more that ‘put that thing on the conveyor belt and leave in an orderly fashion.’ Because the entry scanners take care of the rest.  ::he folded his arms across his chest.:: The really hard part is getting up to that vent without attracting the attention of anyone, guards included.

Blackwell/McLaren: ?

His dark eyes sparkled as he looked between Izzy and Rose.

Zel: How do you feel about beaming one of the mines that is surrounding the Narendra onto the Serenity?

Blackwell/McLaren: ?

Zel: Because they’re old Dominion salvage… and they have small localized cloaking devices.  From the group that gave their commandos personal cloaking devices.  Pair that with a set of grav boots and we might be in business.

Blackwell/McLaren: ?

Zel: I mean we’ll have to diffuse a bomb to get it, but hey… ::he shrugged:: I have heard of worse odds.

Blackwell/McLaren: ?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~

pNPC Lieutenant JG Zel Rohan
Helm Officer
StarBase 118 Ops

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck

E239010ST0