Lt. Blackwell: Last words

T M

Oct 20, 2021, 8:31:47 AM10/20/21
to Starbase118

((Starbase 118 - Docking Bay - Impound))

Running down the mental list of items she had brought and packed, Rue checked her supply list one last time. She had a knife, PADD, multitool, communicator, and other odds and ends she could stick into the pockets of the cargo pants she wore, along with a backpack of things she thought might be useful. She had changed into civilian wear - a pair of black pants with large pockets for carrying items, a tank top under a sea deep blue jacket, with her short hair artfully mussed to look less formal.

She nodded to Nijil and Sol as she joined them in the docking bay.

Sol and Nijil she knew from experience and she was comfortable working with them. But this would be intense, and they would need to coordinate well to keep their cover.

Nijil: Sol ::he nodded to the white haired woman who had her arms crossed.:: Blackwell ::he didn’t know her well enough to be on a first name bases.::

Blackwell: Rue is fine ::she smiled a bit and glanced to the small ship:: Is this our?

McLaren: Yea, this is it. Big enough for the 3 of us, small enough to not draw attention... and also to be carried by the Rahuba.

Blackwell: Works for me, so long as they cleaned it...

McLaren: Worry not... I checked... it smells better than our last ride did…

Oh thank small favors.

Dal: =/\=Commander Dal to Commander McLaren.  Have you selected the independent vessel you will be using to approach Miranda VII?=/\=

It was strange hearing Dal’s voice over the communicator, rather than Sal’s. In time, she’d get used to it, but for now it would still be new.

She did another check of all her gear while listening to the back and forth between Dal and Mclaren

McLaren: =/\= We have, yes. Think we can catch a ride part of the way? =/\=

 Dal: =/\= Certainly.  The Rahuba is ready to receive you in the main shuttlebay. =/\=

McLaren: =/\= Perfect, we're just getting settled in now. =/\=

Dal: =/\= As soon as you and your team is safely onboard we will be ready for launch. =/\=

McLaren: =/\= Understood, give us a few minutes to power up and we'll dock with you. =/\=

McLaren: Everyone have everything?

Nijil: Everything that can be easily carried and concealed.

Blackwell: I’m good to go. ::Nodding in agreement with Nijil::

McLaren: Good then lets get to the Rahuba, and settle in for the ride.

Blackwell: Once more into the breach ::she said with some mild humor and stepped onto the small ship::

Nijil sat in the cockpit while she worked with Sol to ready the small vessel for transport. The ship was aged, worn but she could see it was maintained. And there was no smell of something dying in the air vents. All in all, Rue expected this to be a comfortable if somewhat tight ride.

She hoped at least -

((USS Abuja - Inside USS Rahuba shuttlebay))

Once they were settled, it was down to business.

Nijil: ::he looked to Sol.:: Does intel have anything on Meranda VII for recent Orion activity?

McLaren:

Blackwell: That’s something to go off of…::she trailed off as she started to mull over their task::

Nijil: Understood, and a point of contact?

McLaren;

Blackwell: And the rest….seems like we will have to play by ear.

Nijil: :nod.::It will have to do. ::it certainly wasn’t impossible.:: The last time I was at this base, I recall a hangout for some of the higher ranking Syndicate members. A bar on the far side of the base. It’s a little out of the way.

McLaren:

Blackwell: That will work - we can keep a low profile, get a sense of who is who..and then calculate the rest of our path from there. Though I suppose we should work out cover stories..I’m betting on suspicious and cynical to make up a good part of the groups...so ::She looked at Nijil with a bit of humor::

Mclaren/Nijil: ?

Blackwell: I wasn’t going to say it.

Mclaren/Nijil: ?

((OOC feel free to add more here!))

((Timeskip - near Miranda VII))

Details had been worked out, covers set. Now for the hard part.

Dal: =/\= ?

McLaren: =/\= ?

Dal: =/\= ?

And now….the show would begin.

Nijil: Last chance for anything left unsaid. ::his tone was dry and darkly.::

McLaren:

Blackwell:::She raised an eyebrow towards Nijil:: Yippie Kai Yai Yay? ::She said with an attempt at humor..and more a contrast to the grim tone that Nijil had taken::

Nijil/McLaren: ?

Rue gave a wide grin, listening as the ship started to move.

Nijil/McLaren: ?

Blackwell: I am full of odd little bouts of humor. Don’t worry, in time you’ll find it endearing.

Nijil/McLaren: ?

--

Lt. Prudence Blackwell

Comms/Ops