Elder Pa'rhi - "Face To Face"

Amanda Nordstrom

Mar 11, 2022, 8:19:14 PM3/11/22
to StarBase 118 Ops – UFOP: StarBase 118

((Bridge, USS Aegis/Letti, Risuan Mini Vessel))

Pa’rhi was feeling better and better about the upcoming meeting.  The people sounded quite lovely, and their willingness to help her certainly went a long way to endear themselves to her.  It could all be a ruse, but that was a tiny pinprick of a thought in the back of her mind that she dismissed.  She had to trust in the Guides and that they would keep her safe.

She’d been around for a long time.  She’d experienced enough to know that generally species didn’t greet them with such generosity if they had any sort of agenda.  Their openness was refreshing.  She was comfortable and intrigued.  She wanted to meet these people, learn more about them. They could be the very people needed to assist her own kind.  The Risuans were weary, and they wanted a home, but barring that, they needed friends.  Galactic friends.  Perhaps they’d finally found them.

After a brief time of expected silence, Sal’taybrim’s voice came through the communications system once more.

Taybrim: =/\=We are underway and I’m sending you an accurate ETA =/=/\=

Pa’rhi: =/\= E…T….A?=/\=

What odd words they had.  That translator device evidently hadn’t caught on to everything.  When some more data came through, she realised what he meant.  They were letting her know when they would rendezvous with her.  Excellent.

Taybrim: =/\= You’ll he another voice on the comms.  Nijil is one of our Doctors. =/\=

Pa’rhi’s ears pricked up.  A doctor.  Even better.  Perhaps he could assist them further.  Medical necessity had also pushed her people into reaching out.  While their doctors were excellent, the sickness that plagued them was strange.  Having a new perspective could only help.

Pa’rhi: =/\= I look forward to meeting him as well!=/\=

Taelon/Nijil: =/\= ?

Taybrim: =/\= Nijil, Taelon – can you explain the decontamination process, and the importance of the steps? =/\=

A little trill came over the line, a flare of amusement from the old Risuan.

Pa’rhi: =/\=Decontamination?  Well, hopefully I'm not contaminated, but caution is understandable!=/\=

Taelon/Nijil: =/\= ?

Taybrim: =/\= Excellent, they we’ll be able to talk face to face shortly! =/\=

Another trill followed and then a lower of a similar sound, a sound that could indicate nothing but pleasure.

Pa’rhi: =/\= I look forward to finally meeting you!=/\=

Nijil/Taelon/Taybrim: ?

With that, the conversation ended.  Letti gave out a burp and Pa’rhi thrust her paw like hands upon her hips.

Pa’rhi: Don’t give me that.  If you aren’t going to cooperate for me, then you’ll have to deal with it.

She chuckled at herself, and the ship, then sat back to wait.

Time passed, though not in a particularly slow manner.  She was old enough that such a passage went far more quickly than it would for someone of younger Turns.  Pa’rhi was not idle.  Though she lacked the parts to fix her ship, she continued to fiddle around.  A few more things could be done, a few more wires fixed, but the biomatter components were not salvageable.  Perhaps they would have a source.  Regardless, she kept busy until the ship appeared upon her view.

It was bigger than she had expected, and he marvelled at it.  The front section was shaped almost like a head with a curious nose, if perhaps a wide one. It’s hind section sported two cylindrical appendages that, if she were to guess, acted as engines.  Perhaps.  It was an unknown design, and she could only ponder the mechanics of it.  Perhaps they would let her explore its systems.

A moment later, the communications link opened again, and voices that were now at least somewhat familiar came through. After indicating she was ready, her little ship was encased in light and scooped right inside!  The area they set Letti was a nice, open space that encased her own little ship with no trouble.  Once the vessel was settled, she waited until she was given leave to exit.  After all, she was on their territory, it would only be right to follow their rules - especially since they were to ensure the safety of their people.  She couldn’t fault them for that.  Once given leave, she opened the door, and then stepped out.

They weren’t completely unusual to her.  Her people had come across similar aliens, some with more fur, certainly, but not so dissimilar that she was shocked at their looks.  Taking her stick, she made her way down the plankway and stepped forward, then looked up.  They were an interesting mix of height, one massively tall, like a thin tree,a second shorter, but still quite tall, but with a thicker trunk.  The third was still almost twice her height, but in comparison to the other two, he was like a sapling.

Smiling, she approached them. Normally, her people would touch noses as a greeting, but these were not her people, and she wasn’t sure how they would accept such a way of doing things, so she elected to forego it.

Pa’rhi: Ah, Sal’taybrim, Tae’lon, and Ni’jil?

Nijil/Taelon/Taybrim: ?

There was that trill again, and her dark eyes squinted with pleasure.  She was an old Risuan, her fur faded from brown to grey some turns ago, but she was spry for someone her age.  Her tail was long, even for a Risual, her ears tufted, and her eyes bright with curiosity.

Pa’rhi: It is a pleasure to finally make your acquaintances.

She glanced around, taking in the sights, the bay in which her ship sat, the trio in front of her, the blinking lights.

Pa’rhi: What a fine nest for Letti.  She could do with a bit of a rest.  She’s rather cranky.

Nijil/Taelon/Taybrim: ?

--
Pa'rhi
Elder