Klix Vraj: Know thy Enemy (Strike team)

T M

Apr 13, 2021, 5:52:30 PM4/13/21
to sb11...@googlegroups.com

( Qo’nos -Vergh Kruv: Outside the Capital Center))

It - never- was easy. Never. In her years of pirating and traveling the galaxy, there was never one point where a plan went as she anticipated, and normally it made things fun.

Now, it just made her angry.

She had known the sensors path, she had known where to avoid, but somewhere, somehow, destiny was conspiring against her, which was announced in the form of a yell from Yael.

Yael:  DOWN!

Andrews: Back, back back!

Everyone dove down as there was a blast from a weapon, mounted in the tunnel.

Yael:  ::daring to speak loudly enough to be heard over the phase rifle::  Everyone okay?

Andrews: We're good, you good over there?

Borq: ::snarls:: I am okay.

Parvana:  ?

Yael:  ::to Vraj::  Is there another way around this cross point?

Vraj:::She considered, working through the routes mentally for a moment:: No, unfortunately not. Not unless we want to circle back and go a wide route...which we don’t have time for.

Yael:  ::speaking across the cross section::  Who can disable that weapon?

Andrews: ::calling across the section:: Give us a minute over here. ::Looking to the others:: Right, so. Anyone got ideas?

Drevas: Let’s try and locate the sensor that detects movement. Something might that look like one. Maybe taking it out would make that cannon less effective?

Borq: Motion detection. Should one of us be able to move quickly, then we can get a better shot at the canon?

Parvana:  ?

Vraj: If someone has a means to disrupt the sensors...that would also work.

Yael:  Perhaps this is why we haven't come across any patrols.  Why waste live guards when you can install motion activated sentries.

Vraj:  No, this is new. Very new.

Andrews: The only idea I have is pretty primitive. My thought is that we mod one of our phasers and remove the focusing electromagnet so it would basically be broadcasting a cone of radiation. Then we hotwire it so that it generates a strong enough pulse to potentially knock out the targeting system on that cannon.

Drevas: Makes sense to me – but wouldn’t that draw too much attention?

Borq: I think with what just happened, we have attracted attention already.

Parvana:  ?

Andrews: Well, yes, so there's two main drawbacks. One, the targeting system *might* be shielded, so it might not even work. And two, even if it does work, we'd be down a phaser, which isn't ideal right now.

Drevas: I still stand by my idea. A little less conspicuous rather than take out the whole weapon.

Borq: I volunteer to make myself known to the cannon. I am not afraid. ::balls her fist::

Parvana: ?

Vraj::She turned towards where she heard Borq’s call and grinned, huffing with humor at that:: Of course you aren’t.

Yael: ?

Drevas: How about that?

As they all thought, the tension rising, Klix drew her attention where Drevas indicated, toward a knob affixed near the device.

Drevas: Anyone wanna make a guess as to what that is?

Borq: Hopefully an on/off switch, but that would be too easy.

Vraj ::She leaned forward slightly and nodded her head to that::

Parvana/Andrews/Yael/?

Drevas: Or it could be the sensor that sends data to the weapon. Maybe it’d be good for us to take it out?

Vraj: ::She glanced to the group:: Think very carefully on this - it may draw attention.

Parvana/Andrews/Yael/: ?

And after some deliberation, it seemed that Borq had decided to move up to the deck to test the theory. Vraj had to admit to herself - she was expecting it to go completely insane within moments, and something to go intensely awry.

Drevas: We’ll know if I’m wrong when it happens. I suppose.

Parvana/Andrews/Yael/Vraj: ?

Everyone seemed to hold their breath when the phraser shot and proved true..and they were rewarded with a screeching mechanical sound as the sensor died, and little else. She hoped.

Vraj: Well, that was something.

Parvana/Andrews/Yael/Drevas: ?

Borq: Yeah, I know. ::smirks:: Only one way to find out if it worked.

Parvana/Andrews/Yael/Drevas: ?

Borq: Spare me the lecture and do so at a later time. Shall we proceed?

Vraj: Yes. we are going now ::She stood up and glanced to them:: Ensure you have your own sensors at work, we may run into trouble now.

Parvana/Andrews/Yael/Drevas/Borq: ?

Vraj: I promised you I would be covert. However, I am not here to leash you. You control your own. ::She kept moving, quickening the pace:: Come on, the entrance to the capital building is only a few more moments away.

Parvana/Andrews/Yael/Drevas/Borq: ?

Angry as she was, she resisted the every tempting urge to punch one of them in the face. She had to save that energy, as she was going to need it. She chained her fury down, promising it release and satisfaction, and kept moving until they came to a large tunnel, closed off by bars. Pulling out a small device, she started to laser cut the bars out one by one

Vraj: This leads to just under one of the storage rooms of the capital building - we will enter from below, and then need to make our way up to our target.

Parvana/Andrews/Yael/Drevas/Borq: ?

Vraj:: So I suppose before we get into the fray, this is a good point for me to ask - what exactly do you know about your enemy?

Parvana/Andrews/Yael/Drevas/Borq: ?

Klix Vraj
Pirate/Privateeer
--