PO1 Ivin Zumagi- One Arys Is Enough

Richard Townsend

May 30, 2023, 7:20:21 AM5/30/23
to sb11...@googlegroups.com

((Main Sickbay, ISS Koh'la'Shamuu)).

She was safe, she was alive, she was okay… ish. Okay was rather relative. Arys had retained injuries but she was conscious and alert. It could be very lucky for the attacker that he miraculously beaned off in time, before Ivin and Wyn got there.

Ivin worked to move her back to medical for treatment when she spoke up.

Trovek: Hey Wyn...?

Foster: Yes … Arys?

That caused Ivin to look up and over at her sharply. That was incredibly odd behaviour from her. It caused the klaxons in his head to go off. First names?

Trovek: Either you cloned me and there is another Arys in the room, or I am hallucinating.

Wyn’s expression sobered up instantly, Ivin’s did as well. One Arys was a lot to handle and Ivin meant that in the most fully affectionate way.

Two Arys's?

There was only one. That meant she was having a hallucination. That wasn't good.

Foster: I did not clone you.

Arys nodded slowly.

Trovek: I figured.

Wyn drew in a long slow breath and pulled out some scanning equipment. Ivin lowered his tricorder in his hand and stepped back to the biobed.

Foster: I am going to do a deep tissue brain scan for any potential damage.

Zumagi: Did you need me to do anything, Commander?

Foster: Ivin, I need you to treat her cracked ribs, and make sure the one leaning against her lung doesn’t puncture it as you work.  That’s why the stabilizer in there.

Trovek: Yes, I would like my lung not punctured.

Normally, Ivin would have snorted at Arys’s dry humour and sarcasm, but he didn’t. His generally stoic face was filled with nothing but concern.

Wyn reached a hand to brush her hair back out of her face.

Foster: I’m going to find the answer for you.  I promise.

Zumagi: Alright, noted. I'll get on that right away.

Ivin stepped aside, prepping for surgery to repair her rib

oO Arys: Better late than never, huh? Oo

Arys closed her eyes just as Ivin stepped back

Trovek: ::quietly:: I just hope its not too late.

Ivin looked at her in concern, unable to hide the care in his voice.

Zumagi: We'll take care of you, we'll get to the bottom of this…

((Apologies for the one armed, short stuck in the hospital sim. Phone died halfway))

[End scene for Ivin]

PO1 Ivin Zumagi
Trauma Surgeon
StarBase 118 Ops