Tito/Zorkal/Zumagi/Aristren - Path of the Prophets - Underway

Arys Trovek

Nov 25, 2022, 3:03:38 PM11/25/22
to Starbase118
((USS Narendra, Shuttle bay))
Tito was prepping up the small shuttle they were “borrowing” for their incursion. He had set up a small arsenal of phaser rifles and other assorted crafts. He didn’t know what would follow, but at least they now had a starting point. He had also remembered to inform their First Officer, Alora DeVeau, of what was happening - or rather, he had sent a notification to her PADD.
With the help Lieutenant Vargas had provided in reactivating Ferri’s combadge, they now had a location, and were ready to depart. Only thing missing was the rest of the crew.
Waiting outside of the shuttle Tito tapped his combadge to open a comline.
Tito: =/\= Tito to Lukin, I have a shuttle ready. =/\=
Zorkal: =/\= I am on my way, be ready to depart as soon as possible.=/\=
The sooner they got on their way, the sooner they could find Geleth and Ferri. The idea of someone taking both of them, especially the child, enraged the Cardassian, though only his eyes might reflect the anger held within.
Tito: =/\= Will do, what is that Doctor name again? I will try to reach him.=/\=
Zorkal: =/\= Zumagi.=/\=
Tito: =/\= Thank you. Tito out.
Tito walked inside the shuttle and again tapped his combage.
Tito: =/\= Tito to Doctor Zumagi =/\=
Ivin startled a little as his borrowed combadge chirruped suddenly. He tapped it to reply
Zumagi: =/\= Doctor Zumagi here. Who might you be?
Tito: =/\= I am a friend of Doctor Trovek, I believe she had reached you?
Ivin relaxed hearing the familiar name. Any friend of Trovek’s was a friend of his by extension.
Zumagi: =/\= She has indeed, I assume you are the one I am to be working with. Where are we to be meeting? I’m ready to go when you are. =/\=
The Bajoran Militia doctor had ditched his uniform and decided to get into his civilian clothes for this. This was personal business, not Militia business.
Tito: =/\= That’s perfect Doctor. I have a shuttle ready for departure and I will be waiting for you outside. =/\=
Zumagi: =/\= Understood, I’ll be there. Zumagi out.
Ivin sighed and cut the line, checking over his gear. He hadn’t done such a thing like this since he was a resistance fighter during the Occupation, other than simulated exercises.‌
With the comline closed Tito ran a final mental check over both their equipment and "travel plans". He had done a quick check on the surroundings of Ferri's location, but would like to share with Lukin and Zumagi his findings before setting in motion.
He stood in his civilian gray suit next to the shuttle Shimazu as he waited for them. He recognized Lukin as he approached and guessed the Bajoran coming their way was Doctor Zumagi.
Nodding to the Terran, Lukin came in civilian clothing as well, but it was all dark grey and black, and the expression on his face matched the somberness of his clothes. Around his waist was a holster which sported a weapon. Though usually of impeccable posture, his back and shoulders were straighter than normal, and tension engaged his body. He was ready to be underway.
Zorkal: Tito. Zumagi.
Tito nodded to Lukin and took his cue to treat the others by their last names. He bowed to the Bajoran doctor.
Tito: Zorkal, Zumagi I wish we met under better circumstances.
Ivin glanced over curiously at Lukin. So this was Arys' other half she was talking about. He offered a rather grim, but polite smile to either of the men. Ivin was wearing rather worn gray and black tactical gear and had a phaser rifle slung over one shoulder. He looked far more like a soldier than a doctor at this moment, and he carried himself like one as well.
Zumagi: You as well, Tito.
Lukin stepped into the shuttle, ducking as he did so. His lips tightened into a thin line as he tried hard not to think about what might be happening to either Geleth or Ferri.
Zorkal: You have the coordinates?
Tito followed Lukin inside and stepped to the nearby console.
Tito: I managed to find Ferri’s combadge signature. ::He tapped in the controls to gave them a topographical view of the area and the signaling combadge location.:: I have it pinned down to this location. It's a wooden area, with a lake and only a few buildings
Zumagi strode over to look over at the console. He furrowed his brow and frowned as he committed the topography to memory.
Zumagi: The woods can provide some cover yet hinder large crafts and transports. I can’t say I am all too familiar with this area of the planet. My camp was stationed at the other side of Bajor.
Lukin nodded and moved so he could get a better view of the console. While he was eager to get going, doing so without reviewing possibly important information could get them killed.
Zorkal: What have you found?
Tito: Nothing more, I discreetly scanned the area and there are very few people there. ::He paused. What he was about to say wasn’t a good omen.:: I couldn’t find any Cardassian lifesigns.
Zumagi: How thorough was the search, though?
Tito: It wasn’t a thorough search, and due to the private nature of our mission I didn’t used the full spectrum of the ship’s sensors. I suggest we go and leave the Shimazu in a low orbit, high enough not to be tracked and beam in here. ::He pointed to a location on the map, near the lake.:: It has plenty of cover and it isn’t far from the coordinates.
There was another nod from the Cardassian. Certain sensors could be detected, while others were more common and ignored. If Ferri and Geleth were taken, however, then those who took them were likely keeping a close watch on any activity.
Zumagi: I like that idea. Good tactical advantage for us there. With the element of surprise in our hand.
Ivin was rather excited. He shouldn’t be, it was rather morbid, but he was. Guerilla warfare was a tactic known to the Bajoran resistance fighters.
Zorkal: There are ways to mask life signs. I suggest we come well armed.
And he had certainly come prepared.
Tito again nodded and he walked to the assorted arsenal he had collected onboard. He took a type one phaser he put on his trouser pocket, and picked a type three phaser rifle.
Tito: I know it might be too belligerent, but I will be carrying this. Feel free to pick anything you desire.
Ivin patted his rifle sling over his back, bringing it in front of him.
Zumagi: Got old Faithful here. Perfect working condition. No way I am going into this underprepared.
Zorkal: I am already armed.
He had one that was visible, but he did at least eye the weapons that were available and he might well utilise one of them.
The blonde woman who was sitting in the pilot’s seat turned around to the group. For those who hadn’t met Nestira Aristren before, the Rodulan’s presence was, perhaps, slightly unsettling.
Aristren: Please strap yourselves in - I am intending to fly *very* close the maximum speed allowed.
Ivin perked his brow at the appearance of the Rodulan. He doesn’t ever recall even having her species as a patient or crossing his medical files. He had many questions out of sheer curiosity, but now was not the time or place. He grabbed a seat and strapped himself in firmly, nodding once. An amused smirk found its way onto his face at their pilot’s words.
Zumagi: I’m in and secure. Thanks for the warning.
Tito followed the Doctor, but went to the working science station. He strapped down as he set it up.
Tito: I am glad Lieutenant Aristren is the one piloting. ::he attempted some kind of smalltalk to fill the silence::
Zorkal: And I will be glad when we are finally under way.
It didn’t matter who was piloting as long as they had the skills to do so. In truth, he could have, though he would fare far better with a Cardassian vessel.
Nestira inclined her head and began initiating the starting sequence.
Ivin leaned back waiting for the shuttle to move, setting the rifle butt down on the floor and gripping it in gloved hands. He started to run through various tactics and scenarios in his head, mentally preparing himself. He remained silent unless spoken to.
He could see the newly acquainted doctor leaning back and everyone ready.
Tito: Last shuttle I piloted is still being repaired.
Lukin didn’t care, and the information was irrelevant to their current situation. Pocketing another small weapon, he tucked it out of sight, then moved to his seat.
Zorkal: Let’s go. The faster, the better.

****************
Dalin Lukin Zorkal
Cardassian Ambassador
Starbase 118 Ops