Lt. Parvana - "Unwanted Altercation" (Strike Team)

Amanda Nordstrom

Apr 17, 2021, 12:02:28 AM4/17/21
to StarBase 118 Ops – UFOP: StarBase 118

OOC: In order to prevent this from getting any longer than it already was and to keep things moving forward, I cut quite a bit of stuff out which contained some open tags for Borq.

(( Qo’nos -Vergh Kruv: Outside the Capital Center))

The rag tag group of crusaders had been through a lot in a very short amount of time.  When Parvana had been tagged as a part of the mission, she never would have expected to be a part of a strike team, sent to try and deal with the Cult in person.  She was sure Meeks hadn’t expected to get injured right away by an ambush, effectively taking him out of the scene, and forcing him to be replaced.  Two for one, the Caitian wasn’t sure if it was a fair trade, their strength and skill not exactly in the same vein as the Marine’s, but they were better than nothing at all.  Since then, they’d managed to scuttle into secret passageways and dodge several automatic sentinels, including one that was activated with any movement it detected.  Thanks to Borq’s sharpshooting, they’d gotten past and finally arrived at a barred entrance.  Vraj had been prepared, however, and produced a laser cutter to slice through the primitive metal barrier.  Quick, quiet, and effective.  Now they hovered just outside and their guide paused to query of the group.

Vraj:: So I suppose before we get into the fray, this is a good point for me to ask - what exactly do you know about your enemy?

Parvana: The Cult?  They are small but formidable, and are not above using chemical warfare to achieve their goals.

There was, of course, more to them than that, but Parvana was not the only one there.  If Vraj wanted to quiz them, she might as well let others answer.  Besides, it was good to rehash what they did know.  Perhaps her comrades had more information, particularly Vraj who might be more involved in the intimate workings of the Klingon political scene.

Drevas: We fought them before. The… the… ::He shook his head. He couldn’t remember the names of the ships the Narendra had battled on his first mission as a fully commissioned officer. Wowee. Now that’d been a hair raiser.:: …sorry. Can’t remember too much right now.

Vraj: That is true - if I am overly sneaky and underhanded...well, they are beyond what I would consider acceptable ::She gave a very amused smile:: Even I have my standards.

Borq: ?

Even though it might not be considered so by other Klingons, Vraj seemed an honourable sort, and Parvana nodded at her explanation.  Sometimes, subterfuge was necessary, and the smarter choice depending on the situation.

Parvana: I would be quite interested in any further information you have, Vraj.  I’m sure you’re in a much better position to have intelligence than any of us.

Andrews: I would second that, actually. The uh, *expediency* of the mission sort of compressed the amount of time that we had to discuss details, and then with Captain Meeks getting incapacitated, we never really got to revisit it.

Drevas: No time like the present to do that, I think!

Vraj: I always pictured the federation as having tedious briefings and the like. ::She skewed a brow upward and shook her head, talking as she lead:: So the cult’s leader is Kelemekor the beautiful, as he is known ::and her voice started to be come tainted with acid: And he is known for manipulating people’s minds.

There was a soft, purring chuckle in response to Vraj’s assessment, but was cut off quickly as she finished her comment.  Manipulating people’s minds?  What did that mean?  He was telepathic?

Borq:

Vraj:::She exhaled:: Including the mind of a Klingon named General G’gur. He is the one I seek. ::And then she turned and they moved into the Storage room she had mentioned, glancing around.

Stepping into the storage room, the gloom greeted them solemnly.  Parvana’s eyes adjusted almost immediately and she slipped over to the side, sidling up to a large barrel that was taller than she was.  Her ears twitched and her gaze shifted through the shadows, catching sight of a wide variety of containers.  Several large barrels were accompanied by no small amount of boxes, tightly sealed and consisting of some tough, plastic like material.  Most likely they were constructed to withstand not only weight, their subsequent stacking upon one another a likely indication of that, but impact.  Shipping companies were notoriously rough with their cargo.  Parvana glanced over at Vraj and wanted more than anything to query more about Kelemkor, but decided to wait for the moment.

Parvana: Ah, Vraj, you are a marvel indeed.  Where do we go from here?

Vraj:  From here, it’s a matter of navigating to the lifts and going upwards. I don’t know the exact placement of individuals so we will need to be careful, as you all have stated.

Parvana: Then, if I may suggest, we…

She paused, those furry ears pointing straight up, then turning just before her head followed them.  Before she could say a word, however, there was a dull echo and a bang, as if something was being struck, followed by the hiss of doors on the wall opposite of the immense storage area.  That was their saving grace, the distance between them, and perhaps why Parvana had not heard them before - the chasm of space that lay from their way to the other was large enough that the klingons which entered, laughter echoing off the walls, didn’t even notice the small group that hovered on the opposite end, far too many containers blocking their view.  It was a double edged sword, however, for it also blocked the view of the trespassers.  Immediately, Parvana crouched down, hands upon the floor, for all intents and purposes seeming as if she were ready to pounce should the newcomers traverse far enough to come to their little corner.

Andrews: ::whispering:: Damn it. Company.

Drevas: You don’t say. ::He looked to Ashley.:: Orders, sir?

Borq: ?

Vraj and Borq were ready for action, each preparing for a physical altercation.  Looking between everyone, Parvana’s gaze came to a final rest on Yael who spoke with a aura of authority.

Yael:  ::as quietly as possible::  Drevas, Andrews, Borq.  I want you to stealth up the back aisle there.  Come up behind those Klingons... *disable* them... try not to kill them.

Vraj’s answer was a frown, which Parvana couldn’t fathom what that meant.  Then again, Klingons seemed to be known for frowning unless they were in the height of battle or drinking.  Maybe she’d be happy once they actually got into a fight.

Andrews: ::whispering:: Check.

Drevas: Understood.

Borq:  ?

Yael:  ::still whispering::  Parvana.  You’re more agile than us.  Go *atop* the canisters in the center of the room, silently as possible, and stun any Klingons who touch their communicators before the team can take them down.

That was easy, and the Caitian nodded and tilted her head back, her tail twitching again, but with an air of calculation as she studied the possible route up from her position.

Yael:  ::whispering yet again::    I’ll be the distraction.

Andrews: ::strained whisper:: Wait, what? How exactly are you going to do that...sir?

Even Parvana had been distracted from her thoughts by the statement from the Denobulan.  It was obvious he was not the fighting kind, and he certainly hadn’t come prepared for any sort of altercation.

Drevas: Sir, are you sure? ::He looked visibly worried. Ashley wasn’t the fighting type, that much was obvious.::

Parvana: I do not think that is a wise decision.

Borq:  ?

Vraj: Are you certain that you want to do this?

Vraj seemed to be mulling over the Denobulan’s decision and whether or not the man should be committed.  Parvana might have agreed with that assessment if she had bene asked.  Yael continued on, undaunted by the skepticism displayed from his team.

Yael:  I’ll go up this closer aisle and draw their attention.  ::pausing::  There's three of you, and three Klingons.  Pick your target and strike fast.  We can’t let them call for backup or report our presence.

Yael didn’t give anyone else a chance to say anything more.  He was off like a shot.  A very slow shot, but a shot, and made his way toward their new and unwanted companions.

Andrews: ::hushed:: All right, let's pray Ashley doesn't get dead and take those guys out.

A low growl rumbled in Parvana’s throat, but she didn’t linger.  Instead, she crouched down, then launched herself upward to one canister that was just a little higher than her chin, using it as a step to gain access to higher ones, her padded paws quite adept and helping her remain quiet.  Silently, she crept along the highway she had taken, the Klingons’ stacks of canisters offering her easy access to an advantageous position.  Using it, she kept up with Ashley as he moved into sight of the visiting Klingons, trotting along his flank, though above them all.

Yael:  ::chuckling lightly as black Klingon eyes fell on him in disbelief::  Hey guys, sorry to interrupt.  Can you tell me where the restroom is?  I seem to have gotten lost.

Tall Klingon:  ::flummoxed::  What?!

Fat Klingon:  Who is that pa’tak?!

Of course they were flabbergasted at the appearance of someone unexpected in that storage room and were immediately on their feet, words growled more than spoken.  Thankfully, Parvana’s translator allowed her to understand their speech.

Lead Klingon:  WHO are you and HOW did you get in here?!

Yael:  ::trying to keep up the ruse long enough::  I tell you, this place is like a maze…

Tall Klingon:  A trespasser, here?  ::smiling as he realized::  We could have *fun* with this one, and no one would ever know.

Tensing, Parvana almost pounced right then and there, but held back.  The others hadn’t gotten into position, though she was certain they could hear the conversation.  Slowly, her tail tipped back and forth, back and forth, and once again, she crouched, ready.  Waiting.

Yael:  Guys, relax!  I'm just your friendly neighborhood Denobulan.

Ashley took up a submissive position, opening himself up, hands raised.  It didn’t matter, the closest Klingon grabbed him roughly and jerked him close.  The blade of a bat’leth glinted in the dim light, the sharp edge a hair’s breadth from Ashley’s neck.  Crouching lower, Parvana’s haunches shifted quickly, left, right, left, right.  She did not wish to fight, but they were in dire straits, and now Yael was in danger.  More lives were at stake if they didn’t do something.  She just wished she could have stayed behind a console doing something useful.  Still, she was not without skills and not without certain advantages.  But still, she waited.  If she wasn’t careful, that bat’leth would slice right through an artery, and Yael would have no hope of surviving.

Lead Klingon:  ::growling::   You think you’re *clever* getting in here, do you?

Andrews: ::whispering:: Okay team, follow my lead!

Matthel: Got it.

Parvana’s eyes never wavered from the sight below her, one of those ears turned, aimed in the direction of the others that had finally started to move.  They needed to hurry - they didn’t have much time.

Vraj: Very well - we fight

Borq: ?

Elderly Klingon: [insert Klingon swear word here]! You- ::The man passed out on the ground with a grunt.::

Andrews drew close, crouched down, then fired.  Drevas was right behind him.  The original shot struck true, and the older, more heavy set Klingon went down with a thud.  One down, two to go. Parvana still hesitated, uncertain.  They were doing well, but there was still that leader.

Fat Klingon: What in-? Augh!

Drevas: One more!

The Klingon who seemed to take charge whirled around, bringing Ashley with him.  Rather than face his foes head on, he used the smaller man as a shield.  One wrong move, and the purple man would die.  Parvan could hear a hiss of anger from their friendly Klingon guide.

Borq/Vraj:  ?

Lead Klingon: I knew it! All of your lives are forfeit, starting with this Denobulon worm! Surrender now and beg for a painless death!

Parvana still hesitated.  She was undetected, hovering in the shadows above, waiting for an opportunity that had come and gone.  Her eyes darted from her companions, then back to the Klingon who was so determined to rid the universe of a simple counselor.

Andrews: ::under breath:: Damn it!

Drevas: ::muttered through gritted teeth:: Coward.

Vraj:::She snorted and called to the klingon:: That is putting it mildly. This man is no warrior. He is refuse. Trash.

From what Parvana knew of Klingon honour, not only was that accurate according to their societal standards, it was also accurate according to the idea of what a warrior in general should be.

Borq/Vraj:  ?

Drevas: Hiding behind a meat shield? Not very Klingon of you, friend. Isn’t Klingon tradition about facing your opponents head on?

Was Drevas telepathic?  His words echoed her own thoughts.  Parvana remained where she was, still waiting for a chance to do something, anything, to help her companions.

Borq/Andrews:  ?

Lead Klingon: ::snarling:: Your taunts will not work on me, interlopers! Now! Kneel before me and beg!

Drevas: Oh? Why do you need us to kneel, then? Afraid that you can’t take us down yourself? Four against one! It would be a most glorious duel! Come on, then. Or are you afraid of being proven wrong?

As Drevas spoke, Vraj raised a hand, fingers curled around the hilt of a knife, preparing to attack.   Still in the shadows, Parvana continued to watch and wait and hope.

Borq/Vraj/Andrews:  ?

Without another word, Ash was tossed to the ground like a toy from a child who’d suddenly spied something far more enticing.  In a rage, the Klingon lunged at Drevas, the blade of the bat’leth flashing, but the Bajoran was too quick.  With a high pitched, metallic ring, metal upon stone, the bat’leth had swung but missed.

Drevas: Now!

Vraj: Take him down!

It was Parvana’s chance.  With another low growl that was almost a moan, she launched into the air, pounced upon the man.  Her momentum knocked him to the ground, and the bat’leth clattered to and slid across the floor, out of his reach.  She didn’t stop there, but bound away as soon as he was prone, getting out of the line of fire.

Borq/Vraj/Andrews:  ?

As the Klingon jumped to his feet, Drevas took the opportunity and levied another shot.  Parvana’s attack had gotten him turned around, and he was hit squarely in the back.

Lead Klingon: ::muffled:: Hypocrite! :groaning: You sshhhhhpeak of head on combat…

 Drevas: Newsflash - we’re not Klingons. Sorry.

For a moment, Parvana remained on all fours, her eyes shining in the little bit of light that hit them, turning them into reflective flashes and she paced a few feet before finally pausing, then rising to her fool, upright height.  Immediately, her forepaws reached up and she patted at her hair.  Pulled back into a tail, she had gone through a variety of escapades and she wondered at what a mess she must look.  Turning toward a more metallic box, she peered at the shaded reflection and attempted to put herself back together.  She must be a fright!

Drevas: I’m- I’m so sorry. I- I probably ruined our element of surprise, I-

Surprised, Parvana, along with everyone else, turned to stare at the Bajoran.  Was he crying?  How embarrassing.  A bit uncomfortable, she glanced between the others, uncertain how to handle the strange display of emotion.  In general, emotive responses were fine, but there, after the heat of battle, she hadn’t expected a security officer to begin to cry a little, tears springing into his eyes.  Vraj was impatient with it enough to do something about it.  With a slap to his cheek.

Vraj: Quit your whining! ::She snarled:: We are alive, we are still able to move, and we have a job to do. We move forward. We do not have time for this. Use your sensors - is there anyone else coming ::She looked o the rest of the group::

Parvana didn’t have sensors. She had ears.  Well, technically, they were sensors, she could sense things with them - sounds.  Perking up her head and trying to take the attention off of Drevas, she moved a little closer to the door.

Parvana: I don’t hear anyone.

Borq/Andrews/Yael/Drevas:  ?

Vraj:::She turned and narrowed her eyes, tilting her head down:: Remember that I am not one of yours, Federation Dogs. I have gotten you this far. You have taken care of the enemy. We are now in the last leagues of this mission before we are rid of one another. Let’s not break this alliance now...when we have so much to gain, and so much to lose.

Parvana turned back to the group, her ears turning toward her back a little, flattening slightly, though not quite pressed against her head.  They shouldn’t be quarreling, not like that, not there.  They were allies, not enemies.

Parvana: Though we may disagree in our tactics, there is no harm done.  We should press on - there are more important matters to deal with.  Remember, we are friends, not foes.

Borq/Andrews/Yael/Drevas:  ?

Vraj seemed willing to simply move forward and she put away her weapon, then began to rifle through the Klingon’s pockets and pouches.  Finally, she withdrew a small device, then stretched it toward them.  Parvana accepted and turned it over in her paw like hands.

Parvana: What is it?

Vraj: We can use this to avoid more guards and avoid continued fights. In the meantime, we put these individuals in the shaft, and we’ll take their communication devices to keep track of the feeds.

Borq/Andrews/Yael/Drevas:  ?

Now that things were calmer and they were more focused on what needed to be done, Parvana relaxed, nodding.

Parvana: Very useful, and very wise, Vraj.  I am grateful that you continue to guide us.

Giving the device a closer study, Parvana switched it on.  Immediately,a hologram of the inside of the building danced into view and hovered above.  From what she could tell, the tiny blinking light at the very bottom of the schematics was where the device was - which meant that was where they were.  Other pinpricks of even smaller blips speckled various areas on the map that had been provided.

Parvana: Hm.  It looks like if we go down here, then take a left and use the lift on this side, we’ll avoid some traffic.  Some.  But not all.

Still, the fewer people they ran into, the better, even if it wasn’t ideal.  Parvana traced the path she spoke off with a finger.

Andrews/Borq/Drevas/Vraj/Yael:  ?

Parvana: We’ll need to constantly adjust as they will be moving even as we will be.

Andrews/Borq/Drevas/Vraj/Yael:  ?

Parvana nodded, keeping the map up, but she swiveled around and headed toward the door.  Much danger lay between them and their goal, but there was much at stake.  Even someone like her couldn’t deny that the steps they were taking were far better than the consequences would be if nothing was done.

Parvana: By all means, let's go.

Andrews/Borq/Drevas/Vraj/Yael:  ?

--
Lt. Parvana