MCpt Anthony Meeks - Limited Information (Andrews/Drevas/Borq)

Tory Flory

Mar 4, 2021, 6:57:43 PM3/4/21
to 'Jamie LeBlanc' via StarBase 118 Ops – UFOP: StarBase 118

((Starbase 118 – Marine Facilities Command Briefing Room))

This would be his first briefing as the Regimental C.O. of the Marines, but not his first rodeo as the leader of a team. Not necessarily old hat, Tony prepared the mission information for the tactical component of the upcoming mission, making sure each member had a mission encrypted PADD for the info they needed.

The large, almost full wall sized display at the head of the room showed the crest of the Starfleet Marine Corps as the splash screen, waiting to be changed to show whatever information needed to be conveyed. The command briefing room was small, compared to the large operations room the Marines used to prepare for missions. In the smaller venue, there was a long conference table surrounded by chairs (much more comfortable than the less intimate operations room), with one chair at the head of the table. The large screen on the wall was behind the head chair.

Tony was seated at the head of the table when the other arrived. The gold uniforms worn by the security officers was very different in contrast to the usual green worn by the Marines, so their presence was immediately noticed by everyone in the area. Through the door, Tony could see the occasional glance from a passing Marine, likely wondering what was going on.

Meeks: Gentlemen… thank you for coming.

Andrews: Looks like we all made it just in time.

Drevas: Right on time, friend! Welcome.

Borq: The time is irrelevant. A Klingon is never late. Nor are they early. We arrive precisely when we mean to.

Borq was nothing if not audacious. Tony folded his hand in front of him, leaning on his elbows on the table. He stifled a chuckle but could not disguise the grin. There was a reason he chose the Klingon security officer for the team, even though he knew she would be a challenge to manage.

Andrews: Well, I guess next time I'm running late, I'll just follow the closest Klingon. ::smirks::

Meeks: I don’t think you could go wrong, Ensign.

Borq: What's this briefing about anyways? ::arches her brow::

Andrews: I'm ruling out the formation of a barbershop quartet. ::clears throat:: What brings us here, Captain?

Meeks: ::Leaning back:: I don’t know… if y’all want to belt out a few lines, I’ll listen.

The sarcasm was pungent in his tone, but he secretly enjoyed the playful banter he was watching among the team. They were a team, even if they didn’t know it yet.

Drevas: We’re needed for an away team of some kind, surely. Why else would we all be put here together?

Andrews: Apologies, sir. I'm prepared to take this quite seriously.

Borq: ?

Tony returned to the position he was in with his elbows on the table. He felt himself tense up as the time came to convey their mission… or at least the mission information he had available.

Meeks: Good… please take a seat.

Tony waited for them to sit before he began. The two Marines in the back of the room joined them, each taking a spot at the table. He keyed a command and the door slid closed, securing them from the outside world.

Meeks: I’ve been asked to assemble a team for a possible tactical mission, and you have been selected to fill that team. You three… ::Motioning to Drevas, Andrews, and Borq::… know me or at least we have met. This is Gunnery Sergeants Kiara Lynn and Rhem Galaos, both of Second Battalion Delta.

Andrews/Drevas/Borq: ?

Kiara and Rhem both nodded stoically.

Meeks: I know I don’t have to tell any of you that what is said in this room, stays in this room. ::Tony didn’t wait for an answer or confirmation:: So, here’s what we have... This morning, we received information about a credible threat by the Orion Syndicate against Federation allies.

Andrews/Drevas/Borq: ?

Meeks: That is all true, and Ops has been tasked with protecting the Federation’s interests. Our team is one component of this task, and each of you have been shoulder tapped because of your specific skills. Ensign Andrews, you are a skilled and motivated investigator as well as a tactician; Ensign Drevas, you have shown qualities as a Tactical Officer that will be valuable in our mission; and Borq… well… is Borq.

Andrews/Drevas/Borq: ?

Meeks: This team will spin up to take on any tactical needs necessary during the mission. Frankly, we’re the hammer.

Andrews/Drevas/Borq: ?

Meeks: Unfortunately, that’s all the specifics I can give you for now. When more information comes available, it will be forthcoming. For now, the Marine facilities are available as is the equipment. As soon as we break from this meeting, we will get you three equipped with gear to take on whatever we need to.  Also, ::Nodding to Borq:: if you have personal gear you prefer, you can gather that and meet back here.

Andrews/Drevas/Borq: ?

Meeks: We will start training at 17:00 hours in Holodeck four. Please see the quartermaster before then and get set up with your kits. What gear you choose is up to you. Choose according to your specialty.

Andrew’s/Drevas/Borq: ?

Tag/TBC

Marine Captain Anthony Meeks

Regimental Commander