Ensign Kherys Harper - "Next Patient Please"

Amanda Nordstrom

Aug 4, 2022, 11:36:27 PMAug 4
to StarBase 118 Ops – UFOP: StarBase 118

((Sickbay, Starbase 118 Ops))

Kherys’ hand smoothly flowed over the tablet as she signed off on the patient’s file.  It was a standard visit.  There was nothing odd, nothing over the top, everything was in order.  The one single thing wrong was that the person was every so slightly hydrated because they hadn’t drunk enough water, and such a thing was a simple and easy fix - drink more.  Kherys had advised the proper amount of intake and sent them on their way.

That wasn’t the last of her patients.  She’d had a couple that day, all standard procedures, officers looking to get in their yearly checkups.  The next, however, was slightly different.  This was a Cardassian officer.  While Cardassians in themselves were not unusual, they were a minority in Starfleet.  This one also had a human name. Well that should prove interesting.

Stepping out of the room, Kherys made her way to the waiting area and glanced around, but she saw no Cardassian there.  Was the woman just out of sight?  Had she gone to the restroom?  Finally, she called out -

Harper: Catherine Vargas?

Vargas: ?

The woman who stood and approached was not the person Kherys was expected.  On file, there should have been a Cardassian - yes, with a human name, but a Cardassian none the less.  What stood before her instead looked fully human.

Harper: You’re…Catherine Vargas?

Vargas: ?

Right.  So somewhere, somehow, there must have been a mixup.  Kherys glanced back at the file, then motioned for the woman to follow her.

Harper: Please, if you would come with me, I can take care of you.

Hand stretching out, fingers splayed toward a door and the room that had been assigned to this particular patient for that particular appointment.  Offering a small smile, Kherys turned and made her way into it, then turned and indicated the biobed.

Harper: Please, have a seat.

Vargas: Response

Harper: Before we get started, do you have anything you’d like me to know?  Any concerns you might have?

Kherys pulled her gaze away from the chart and then let the dark orbs settle on the woman before her.  Her lips stretched upward a little, her smile small, but sincere as she regarded her patient.

Vargas: Response

--
Ensign Kherys Harper