Captain Taybrim - Impending Mystery (Tags: Any / FAO: All)

Jamie LeBlanc

Dec 24, 2017, 1:04:38 AM12/24/17
to Sb118 Ops

((CO's Office - StarBase 118))

::Three radiation spikes in the past three days. Three samples of debris collected after each one. What started as a footnote in the scans was turning into a growing mystery.

And now Sal Taybrim sat at his desk, looking at the metallurgy report he got back from Science that identified the debris. A steady frown took over his features as the mystery deepened. The facts he was looking at should not have been possible, and yet there they were.

Debris from the hull of a Starfleet vessel. Intensive scans picked up radioactive isotopes in the micro-fractures which was almost certainly the remnants of a warp core breach; and from the levels a recent warp core breach. Which would be completely consistent with the fragmentation and debris patterning.

With one glaring problem: No ship had suffered a catastrophic warp core breach in the vicinity within the last decade. Those isotopes would only be able to be detected in the fractures within two weeks of the breach.

Sal wasn't quite sure what to make of this; but one thing was certain: this was an issue worthy of the crew's attention.::

~*~
To: SB118 Senior Staff
From: Captain Sal Taybrim, Commanding Officer
Subject: High Priority - Issue of sector safety

Senior staff,

We have a mystery on our scanners that may pose a threat to the safety of StarBase 118.

Please assemble for a briefing on the issue at 0800 tomorrow morning, I will have information delivered to all of you before the briefing.

Breakfast will be provided.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this issue.

~Sal Taybrim
~*~

::He sent the message with a priority tag, feeling a little bad about the late notice. Then again Starfleet officers swore to protect others and when a potential emergency cropped up they all knew it was their duty to be attentive to it.::

~*~*~*~
((The Hub - Main Briefing Room - StarBase 118))
(Time index: 0745 the next morning)

::Sal was early, and as promised the scans of the debris as well as the research concerning the radioactive isotopes and the evidence of a warp core breach was already sent to the crew.

Also as promised there was a variety of fruits, vegetables, hot beverages and pastries offered for breakfast. Whether it was a nicety offered due to the early meeting time or rushed turnaround or just Sal's pastry addiction showing - it was a pleasant perk.

Sal looked up, offering a nod to the first person in the door.::

Taybrim: Greetings. ::He gave a sober, but pleasant smile.:: Have some breakfast and find a seat. We'll start exactly on the hour.

Any: ?

Taybrim: Yes. ::He nodded his head slowly:: There have been some developments since I sent out the information - I'll go over everything. But as of right now there's still no direct threat.

::A yellow alert - caution, alertness, but not yet time to panic.::

Any: ?

Taybrim: ::Looking up at the arriving crew:: Welcome, everyone, please come in - get something to eat and find a seat. We'll start on time.

Any: ?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~
OOC - I will push this briefing forward and start getting information and specific tags out after Christmas, so please sim your character to the meeting when you are able.
~*~

Captain Sal Taybrim
Commanding Officer
StarBase 118 Ops

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck
E239010ST0